Author Topic: "main character" bug  (Read 854 times)

Offline ZEE_BISHOP

• Knight
  • Renown: 38
  • Infamy: 7
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
"main character" bug
« on: September 13, 2011, 07:04:30 pm »
So I created a character on Crpg called "loob" when I found out the game existed, leveled it to about 6 or so and worked out what everything did. A test character. I then made what I consider to be my main character, did the stats properly and leveled it to 30... "back_chopper". Loob stayed level 6 for ages until I leveled it up to about 20 or so. I've made a few skip the fun characters in the mean time.

Here's the point, I never selected any of my characters to be my "main" as it says on the site to do and I can't retire my actual "main" Back_chopper. I deleted loob when I found that he was supposedly my "main" as I want to retire... However, I now have no main.

I'm supposed to delete every character on my account and start from scratch in order to be able to retire? Could this be fixed?

I never set loob to be my main, and I'd like to be able to retire with what has been my MAIN character "back_chopper". Some help would be much appreciated.

Offline MadRussian

• Beggar
  • Renown: 0
  • Infamy: 0
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
Re: "main character" bug
« Reply #1 on: September 14, 2011, 02:06:21 pm »
I have almost the same problem. I created a character, use the option "skip the fun" and did his basic character. After that I deleted it and created a new one. I again used the option to "skip the fun", but he has an alternative role, and I can not change it.
I have just one character, but he has an alternative role. Is it possible to change the role of a new character, or am I f####d?

PS. Character name is Byzantium_MadRussian

Offline ZEE_BISHOP

• Knight
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 23, 2011, 01:30:06 am »
Well I guess no one cares, I'm a casual gamer so I don't feel like deleting my x amount of months work for no reason that I caused...

Offline ZEE_BISHOP

• Knight
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 11, 2011, 07:26:53 pm »
Still nothing? Could I please just have the character I use as my main be my main? How is this working as intended. If I set loob to be my main it would still be a silly situation but understandably my fault.

But I set NOTHING to be my main and I'm being penalized for it?

Offline Meow

• Awesome Consulting Detective
  • King
  • Renown: 1071
  • Infamy: 150
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Fallen Brigade
« Reply #4 on: December 11, 2011, 07:32:16 pm »
All characters that exist while you make one character your main become alts.
This is not changeable.

As you have no gen 2 char i will reset the role on all your three current characters so you can choose your main once again.
The other two will be automatically flagged as alts and will stay that way forever.

Have fun.

Offline ZEE_BISHOP

• Knight
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 11, 2011, 07:41:23 pm »
Thanks for the reply and also thanks for fixing it for me.

I didn't set any of my characters as my main in the first place though. So the game automatically assigns your first character as your main reguardless and every one after that is an alt? I'd basically abandoned the game for months due to a lack of response before and not being willing to re-level things. :p

Offline Meow

• Awesome Consulting Detective
  • King
  • Renown: 1071
  • Infamy: 150
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Fallen Brigade
« Reply #6 on: December 11, 2011, 07:44:21 pm »
Nah you actively have to set a main char in the settings tab, don't remember how it worked before that.

Anyway, have fun :mrgreen: