Author Topic: repeating server crashes and rescedule of Battle(s)  (Read 2976 times)

Offline Vibe

• Vibrator
  • King
  • Renown: 2528
  • Infamy: 615
  • cRPG Player Madam White Queen A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
Re: repeating server crashes and rescedule of Battle(s)
« Reply #15 on: December 01, 2011, 07:57:21 pm »
Just general referral 8-) It applies to way more than 1 group/persons..

I hate this switzerland shit, it is boring, start accusing people so we can have more forum war (fun)

Offline Digglez

• Duke
  • Renown: 573
  • Infamy: 596
  • cRPG Player
  • YOU INCOMPETENT TOH'PAH!
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Northmen
  • Game nicks: GotLander, Hamarr, Digglesan, Black_D34th
« Reply #16 on: December 01, 2011, 08:40:15 pm »
+1
server crashes have shown glaring frailty of the strategus battle scheduling system...basically 0 contingencies for server going down

only fair thing I can think of is reschedule the fight 48h later and award both sides with money to cover troop upkeep.

Offline CrazyCracka420

• Minute Valuable Contributor
  • Strategus Councillor
  • Renown: 1950
  • Infamy: 794
  • cRPG Player Sir White Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Welp
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Vaegirs
  • Game nicks: Huseby
  • IRC nick: Steam name: crazycracka420
« Reply #17 on: December 01, 2011, 09:09:38 pm »
It would be nice, but I'm highly doubtful, that there is anything built in that would allow the server to keep track of equipment/troops, etc as the battle happens, that way if the server crashes it can come back up with basically where it left off.  And the battles should be rescheduled for 24 or 48 hours later, waiting for the server to come back online and everyone being forced to wait around for an hour or two with their fingers crossed isn't a good solution.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login
 - Stolen from Macropussy

Offline Valdian

• Knight
  • Renown: 63
  • Infamy: 65
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Astralis, Irish Band
  • IRC nick: Valdian
« Reply #18 on: December 02, 2011, 12:19:47 am »
The first battle yes FCC would of won anyways in the end they were about to win but the reset shouldent of been done yet or there should of been a warning   a hr before hand to muster a force. it was reset 3 hrs after the battle and everyone was angry and went to bed exept a few of us. the occitan battle should be set to 7 47 eastern the time it was attacked, Fallen used another exploit to change the time before the attack forcing a late battle for Eastern players.

Offline Matey

• King
  • Renown: 1327
  • Infamy: 372
  • cRPG Player
  • A Pirate
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Matey_BRD
« Reply #19 on: December 02, 2011, 12:24:41 am »
how the hell does 1 hour keep turning into 3? it was 1 hour after the server crash that it came back up. ONE HOUR. not 3.

Offline BaleOhay

• Marshall
  • Renown: 789
  • Infamy: 229
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: BS
« Reply #20 on: December 02, 2011, 03:09:42 am »
Add to that both teams had equal notice. Fcc even tried to rally occ/hosp. I believe due diligence has been seen here.
Leader of BS

Offline Tears of Destiny

• Naive
  • King
  • Renown: 1847
  • Infamy: 870
  • Quiet drifting through shallow waters. 死のび
    • View Profile
    • NADS
  • Faction: Black Company
  • IRC nick: Tears
« Reply #21 on: December 02, 2011, 03:40:55 am »
Fallen used another exploit to change the time before the attack forcing a late battle for Eastern players.

Someone mind elaborating in proper detail? I am curious what i missed this time.
I'm not normal and I don't pretend so, my approach is pretty much a bomb crescendo.
Death is a fun way to pass the time though, several little bullets moving in staccato.
The terror of my reign will live on in infamy, singing when they die like a dead man's symphony.

Offline Dehitay

• Baron
  • Renown: 121
  • Infamy: 48
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Fallen Brigade
« Reply #22 on: December 02, 2011, 05:06:30 am »
+2
Someone mind elaborating in proper detail? I am curious what i missed this time.
Night time system. People refuse to believe that we have EU members since we're in NA territory. Global clans don't exist and we're a hoax

Offline Loki

• Count
  • Renown: 228
  • Infamy: 57
  • cRPG Player
  • I don't know karate, but I know crazy.
    • View Profile
    • The Fallen Brigade
  • Faction: The Fallen Brigade
  • Game nicks: Fallen_Loki
« Reply #23 on: December 02, 2011, 07:14:03 am »
The first battle yes FCC would of won anyways in the end they were about to win but the reset shouldent of been done yet or there should of been a warning   a hr before hand to muster a force. it was reset 3 hrs after the battle and everyone was angry and went to bed exept a few of us. the occitan battle should be set to 7 47 eastern the time it was attacked, Fallen used another exploit to change the time before the attack forcing a late battle for Eastern players.

Using the night-time feature isn't an exploit.  And the server was reset ~15 minutes after the server crashed [not 3 hours]; everyone was notified via IRC and people tried to contact Occitan via teamspeak and steam.  But your teamspeak was passworded and no one would respond on steam.

Personally I would have much rather had the first outcome, as we destroyed all your troops and took almost no casualties. We also had looted about 30 masterworked horn bows.  The battle ended with 4 occitan running around with 0 troops left, versus 214 troops on our side with everyone alive, so we would have ended with around 250 troops left.

We could have camped your spawn the second time, since 4 players showed up on your side after we had started capping your flags.  We could easily had killed all your troops AND taken all of your gear.  We opted to just force you to retreat and got almost nothing for it.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Leesin

• King
  • Renown: 1009
  • Infamy: 230
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Leesin
« Reply #24 on: December 02, 2011, 11:44:51 am »
EDIT: Nvm.
« Last Edit: December 02, 2011, 11:54:31 am by Leesin »

Offline Lennu

• Marshall
  • Renown: 774
  • Infamy: 94
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Fallen Brigade
  • Game nicks: Fallen_Lennu
  • IRC nick: Lennu_
« Reply #25 on: December 02, 2011, 06:03:20 pm »
I don't really get your second reason there Kinn... Why should they get free equipment? Like Gheritash said, by your logic we should get some bonus for taking that village aswell. And I think it was Occitian's decision to attack this infamous (lol) village. We broke the rules by delaying the attack and we got punished. I don't see what's not clear on this.

And about the upkeeps. Occitian suffered from quite a lot of extra upkeep, that much is true.
First the exploit. And we got punished for that, so that's the end of it.
Secondly "The dark force" attack, this postponed the "Real" attack quite a lot, and caused extra upkeep for Occitian. Devs deserve a slap in tha face for it. Occitian AND Fallens should get back their gold and troops lost for upkeep. This also gave both sides a chance to reinforce, so I think we're even.
And now the server crash. I'll quote myself
Occitian AND Fallens should get back their gold and troops lost for upkeep. This also gave both sides a chance to reinforce, so I think we're even.

« Last Edit: December 03, 2011, 02:23:11 am by Lennu »