Author Topic: Primary and Secondary modes for Archery  (Read 1692 times)

Offline ToxicKilla

• Knight
  • Renown: 79
  • Infamy: 8
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • For England, and Saint George!
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Killmoar_the_Lone_Knight
  • IRC nick: ToxicKilla
Re: Primary and Secondary modes for Archery
« Reply #15 on: November 29, 2011, 09:45:18 pm »
This is actually a pretty neat idea. Would be great for my longbow alt, I'd actually be able to longshot like the longbow was made for.
Would be nice if there was a small damage bonus based on how far away the enemy is, although this would be unrealistic it would encourage people to not shotgun.

Offline Steelbird

• Noble
  • Renown: 12
  • Infamy: 13
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Lost Legion
  • Game nicks: LL_Rits
« Reply #16 on: November 30, 2011, 01:32:32 am »
you would also have to give you accuracy for this to so it would be escentually useless also archers judt deal with it and run away or stand and fight with real weapon like man! :twisted:

Offline Noctivagant

• Earl
  • Renown: 470
  • Infamy: 162
  • cRPG Player
  • I solve practical problems
    • View Profile
    • I never drank a six pack of warm beer
  • Faction: Mercenaries
« Reply #17 on: November 30, 2011, 02:17:19 am »
(click to show/hide)

(click to show/hide)

Well I developed that hobby when I realized that there is an archery range at my girl friends's job, there is also a golf course but I had to make a choice.

This is actually a pretty neat idea. Would be great for my longbow alt, I'd actually be able to longshot like the longbow was made for.
Would be nice if there was a small damage bonus based on how far away the enemy is, although this would be unrealistic it would encourage people to not shotgun.

That damage bonus over range is just an ego boost, something like getting hp bonus for every projectile you dodge.
you would also have to give you accuracy for this to so it would be escentually useless also archers judt deal with it and run away or stand and fight with real weapon like man! :twisted:

You are a member of this community since August 2nd 2011, yet melee players successfully converted you to a mindless zombie. Well lad I'm here since its very early days and prolly I've played more melee than you ever did, so I'm playing as an archer to save the community from my manliness.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Ylca

• Count
  • Renown: 183
  • Infamy: 68
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: LLJK
  • Game nicks: YlcaTheTerrible, YlcaTheJuggler
« Reply #18 on: November 30, 2011, 11:20:26 am »
+2
"I like this" is not the same as "this will be balanced".

It's like a high school popularity contest in here sometimes where everyone wants the crown for their own special niche.

Offline karasu

• King
  • Renown: 1751
  • Infamy: 316
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • D̶͎̳͒́͗͋ẹ͕̲̠̳̄̃͂ͤ͑ͮṃ̮͎̗̦̏̿͊ͤi̥̪̼͕ͦ̀̊̐ȗ̘rͩ͋̅̊gͭ̿̋
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: November 30, 2011, 11:26:16 am »
This would be interesting taking in account everything is getting secondary modes (check the new polearm secondary stuff).

Offline Vibe

• Vibrator
  • King
  • Renown: 2528
  • Infamy: 615
  • cRPG Player Madam White Queen A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: November 30, 2011, 11:53:02 am »
Great idea, hope it gets implemented.

Offline Tennenoth

• Marshall
  • Renown: 818
  • Infamy: 85
  • "Bloody peasant archers!"
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Caravan Guild (Head)
  • Game nicks: Guard_Tenne; Guard_The_Biscuits; Guard_Bugden; Guard_Tennenuff
  • IRC nick: Tennenoth
« Reply #21 on: November 30, 2011, 01:21:05 pm »
Divided, I personally wouldn't use the machine gun mode of firing and it would be one more hassle to press x, switch weapon, press x in order to go into secondary mode for both weapons (Langes Messer & Longbow).

Secondly, archers have to stand and shoot over long distances in order to get reasonable accuracy anyway, if they're running and shooting they're going to be inaccurate and likely to miss their shots while running from the enemy, the main point where you'd use the fast drawing.

All this would do would be to make bows more like crossbows with the stand and shoot, only xbows can reload behind cover, can move while drawn back and are more accurate and higher damage etc etc.

It would mean that killing archers for melee would be easier I suppose, since they wouldn't be able to move quite as well but I honestly don't like this.

It'll make the game a bunch of stationary turrets or running machine guns with guys with swords running around in the middle.

In theory I guess with some tweaks it would be quite nice but the thing I have the biggest bugbear is the "standing still", I know where you're coming from but in terms of gameplay it would severely detract from it, i'm still annoyed that I can't walk down stairs in some cases without unknocking my bow.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

BullDog Clan member since 31/08/2010 / Caravan Guild member since 03/08/2010

How to understand what I say.
Always finish your tea and biscuits regardless of how terrible they are

Offline Bulzur

• Earl
  • Renown: 465
  • Infamy: 102
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Caravan Guild.
  • Game nicks: Guard_Bulzur
« Reply #22 on: November 30, 2011, 04:14:04 pm »
Well, i guess this would mean the end of the 15 str foot archer, since this secondary mode seems pretty awesome. But well, if i need to retire to get it, i'd probably do just that.

Nice idea.
[14:36] <@chadz> when you login there is a message "your life as horse archer was too depressing for you. you decided to commit suicide. please create a new char"
[19:32] <@chadz> if(dave_ukr_is_in_server) then rain_chance = 98%;