Author Topic: Experience in strategus battles  (Read 10287 times)

Offline Keshian

• King
  • Renown: 1176
  • Infamy: 992
  • cRPG Player
  • Diggity diggity
    • View Profile
  • Faction: FCC (Bridgeburner, Unicorn, Cavalieres, Narwhal)
  • Game nicks: Red-haired bitch from hell
  • IRC nick: Bitch, pleasssse.
Re: Experience in strategus battles
« Reply #90 on: November 20, 2011, 09:01:12 pm »
+3
I dunno man I think they gave up.  Strategus gives shit exp, no gold, and the "economy" never took off and everyone uses peasant armor and worthless shields yet buy the best loomed bows they can afford because they can be picked up and reused infinitely.  Strat is worse then it has ever been.

I actually have to agree, the battles have never gotten better from the shit peasant battles at the start.  So much tactical ingenuity is made defunct and it becomes a pewpew fest when an entire class (cavalry) is nullified.  Our clan is one of the most actively trading clans and horses, even with more money, are just novelty items because theya re so ridiculously expensive.  Lance and horse are both very very expensive and you can get 20 masterwork horn bows for the same price of 1 mounted rider.  In strat 2 equipment was actually rather balanced in the first 90% of the game (before gold nerf), where rounceys were at least actively used but were by no means too common and you could afford lower end medium grade armor (think lamellar, cavalry robes), so ranged was not quite as powerful.

Basically the prices of all items need to be reduced by a 1/4th (with maybe ranged gear only dropping by half), back to the way they were and it can be like this again (though with an even more stringent budget) as gold production is still significantly lower.  Its the problem with changing too many things at once - you jump from one extreme to the other (strat 1 to strat 3) and ignore the balanced version in-between.

This si all coming from ana rcher, so dont tell me its based ona  bias for cavalry (my arch-nemesis).
« Last Edit: November 20, 2011, 09:03:01 pm by Keshian »
http://keshoxford.com/  - Where middle-eastern meets red-hot and spicy!

"[Strat 5]... war game my ass, tis more like a popularity contest"  Plumbo

Offline Thucydides

• Baron
  • Renown: 129
  • Infamy: 28
  • cRPG Player
  • I shat Uranus
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Thucydides
« Reply #91 on: November 21, 2011, 07:34:20 pm »
seriously strat isn't even fun anymore. Its a pew pew fest and even as a hoplite the shitass shields we have does nothing to prevent the pewing.

CRPG is set in prehistory. No one has managed to discover horseback riding or bronze working :/.

Offline Keshian

• King
  • cRPG Player
  • Diggity diggity
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: November 21, 2011, 07:57:24 pm »
+1
Yes, and nerfing archery is not going to fix things.  For once you need to buff - make horses and armor half their current price at least as they are inordinately expensive compared to weapons.  With such a forced money shortage as Strat 3.0 has been, these items get left to the wayside as weapons are reusable and more important in a  battle.  Please patch and fix so Strat 3.0 cana ctually be fun instead of one very long drawn out merchant empire game with a few tiny skirmishes.

Offline Thucydides

• Baron
  • Renown: 129
  • Infamy: 28
  • cRPG Player
  • I shat Uranus
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Thucydides
« Reply #93 on: November 21, 2011, 08:18:15 pm »
reverting back to having damage type based on bow and not arrows would be better. Longbow would finally be useful and pragmatic.

Offline Keshian

• King
  • cRPG Player
  • Diggity diggity
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: November 21, 2011, 08:29:32 pm »
reverting back to having damage type based on bow and not arrows would be better. Longbow would finally be useful and pragmatic.

Wouldnt change much for strategus, just battle server as pierce arrows not even used in strategus as waste of money when everyone lightly armored.

Offline The_Angle

• Baron
  • Renown: 91
  • Infamy: 56
  • cRPG Player
  • Qaddaffi 4 eva
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: November 21, 2011, 09:20:06 pm »
I dunno man I think they gave up.  Strategus gives shit exp, no gold, and the "economy" never took off and everyone uses peasant armor and worthless shields yet buy the best loomed bows they can afford because they can be picked up and reused infinitely, which 2 shot everybody.  Also, cav was removed completely.  Strat is worse then it has ever been, its nothing but tedious browser based bullshit and extremely unfun and imbalanced battles.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

In the land of rape and honey, you prey.

Offline Graf_Hodenschaf

• Knight
  • Renown: 38
  • Infamy: 27
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Trade Guild
  • Game nicks: Graf_Hodenschaf
  • IRC nick: Graf_Hodenschaf
« Reply #96 on: November 23, 2011, 08:07:52 am »
Hmm, if you would get xp/gold timebased, then some battles will take maybe much longer than now just to get as much as possible.

There is one point which i personally dont like: people who quit the battle because there is no hope for a win - so one possibility could be that you will get xp/gold only when you were part of the battle for the full time!!!!!!

Killbased xp/gold is also a possibility, so every1 will give his best. On the other side, i guess some guys will switch to an build who dominates...

Livestreaming crpg:  twitch.tv/beerman_aut

Offline Segd

• Marshall
  • Renown: 845
  • Infamy: 88
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: November 30, 2011, 12:00:44 pm »
Full xp removing was nice move. Gives me more time to play Skyrim than Strat.

Offline Crob28

• Count
  • Renown: 247
  • Infamy: 31
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: November 30, 2011, 12:58:16 pm »