Author Topic: Lord Linden saves the day!!  (Read 1014 times)

Offline Hobb

• Earl
  • Renown: 489
  • Infamy: 96
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: TKoV
Lord Linden saves the day!!
« on: November 25, 2011, 06:33:12 am »
+4

(Role-Play if u would be so kind)

Scene 1

The noon day sun cast a glare on Hobb's view as he watched the approaching rider cross the valley ahead of him. Hobb could tell by the riders break-neck pace that he was carrying urgent news. When he recieved the signal from his watch guard that the rider was not being pursued, Hobb returned to his seat at the town hall and continued polishing his well rusted morion. From outside, Hobb heard the rider abrubtly stop his horse at the town hall's stable. Hobb stopped polishing when the blue tunic garbed rider appeared walking up the steps.
       The rider withdrew a letter from the pack he was carrying and placed it on the table next to Hobb. "I bring news from Lord Syls of Ruvar," said the rider. Hobb showed him no response as he Un-sealed the Velucan stamp from the back of the letter and opened the parchment up. It read:     

Lord Hobb,

I hate to inform you that our caravan managed by Egad has been
                  intercepted by the bandit Tydeus outside of Ismirala Castle.         
                  Furthermore, the Fcc are preparing for a feast to give thanks
                  to the almighty chadz and will be unable to reinforce the caravan.
                  The battle will take place within hours of you recieving this message.

We will prevail,
                                                                                                    Syls

Hobb grabbed his morion off the table and threw it at the wall, causing a loud cling as it bounced off the wall and onto the stone floor. "This is why i can't have nice things!!" Hobb said. A maid entered the hall from another room, startled by the commotion "Is everything all rite my lord?" Hobb pointed to the rider, "You, get out of my sight." Then he turned to the maid and said, "Wine, bring me me wine and now!!" She quickly stumbled back into the room from which she entered and returned shortly with 2 large pitchers of wine. After she left Hobb his hands over his face and pulled on his beard. "700 hundred goods!!!" he shouted. "And the FCC, too busy preparing to worship chadz of all things, this is unbelievable." Hobb grabbed the pitcher and downed it. He did the the same to the next one and called for more.

Scene 2

The Throbbing in Hobb's head caused him to grimace as he opened his eyes revealing his lovely husband Malke, crouched beside him. "Wake up you drunken fool, another messenger has arrived and he is fast approaching." Malke said as he motioned to the door with one of his arms. Hobb slowly rose to his feet, angered as he remembered the news that arrived earlier. As the blue tunic garbed rider approached, this one different than the one from earlier, Hobb reached his hand out gesturing for the rider to give him the letter. Stopping only to pull it out of his pocket, the rider quickly handed the letter to Hobb. Waisting no time, Hobb opened the letter, which read:

Lord Hobb,

As the battle  for Egad's caravan concluded, the most unlikely of event occured.
                            Lord Linden has surronded Tydeus and his newly captured caravan and he will take it back
                            approximetly a day from when you will be recieving this. Sorry for the
                            ill news earlier, but i hope this makes up for it.

We Shall Prevail,
                                                                                                                                 Syls

Hobb looked around the room for his morion. As he spotted it he shouted to a guard stationed at the entrance of the town hall. "Ready my horse, i am leaving at once!!"

Scene 3

Hobb Stopped his party of guards as he peaked the top of the hill that overlooked the upcoming battle. The two sides were forming up their respective ends slowly marching forward. In the middle of the the field stood two men fist fighting. From the the shouts and cheers Hobb could tell that the men where Tydeus and Linden, duking it out FCC style. Both men took many punches, but before Linden could bring the final blow down on Tydeus, a bandit cav charged in and stabbed Linden in the back. Taken by anger, the FCC soliders charged their enemys. Hobb joined in too, Reinvigorated by the un-just defeat of Lord Linden.
« Last Edit: November 25, 2011, 06:44:00 am by Hobb »

Offline BaleOhay

• Marshall
  • Renown: 789
  • Infamy: 229
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: BS
Re: Lord Linden saves the day!!
« Reply #1 on: November 25, 2011, 07:35:27 am »
+3
I was on that field. Angered by the cowardly cavalry attack on Linden, we charged. Glory to our warriors who honored the Gods of Commerce this day!

My practice shield lay in ruins with one arrow in the center it shattered like glass. I took up a knobby stick from the ground and used it as a cudgel on whomever came near. It was bloody and felt like a lifetime... but I was told lasted just minutes. We made jest that Matey thinks the same of his love making in the local pleasure house. In the end we held the field.

We cut off the heads of the bandits with the intention of piking them along that trade route to warn against such bravado... but pikes are to expensive. So that ruined the whole idea. Instead we dipped them in tar and left them on Ismerelda Bridge facing both directions so they could forever weep at the trade caravans crossing safely.

Journal Of Ohay
general of rabbits
Leader of BS

Offline Greziz

• Baron
  • Renown: 112
  • Infamy: 24
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Kerin__Grahm_BRD, Linden_BRD, secretary of BRD
« Reply #2 on: November 25, 2011, 08:57:15 am »
+1
I heart this this entire posting so much ^.^

Offline Keshian

• King
  • Renown: 1176
  • Infamy: 992
  • cRPG Player
  • Diggity diggity
    • View Profile
  • Faction: FCC (Bridgeburner, Unicorn, Cavalieres, Narwhal)
  • Game nicks: Red-haired bitch from hell
  • IRC nick: Bitch, pleasssse.
« Reply #3 on: November 25, 2011, 09:35:14 am »
I heart this this entire posting so much ^.^

And Lord Linden of VaginaTown bedded many whores that night and drank much mead.  It was a good day.
http://keshoxford.com/  - Where middle-eastern meets red-hot and spicy!

"[Strat 5]... war game my ass, tis more like a popularity contest"  Plumbo

Offline Malke

• Noble
  • Renown: 20
  • Infamy: 1
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 25, 2011, 08:47:43 pm »
My husband is so heroic and brave.

Offline Kalam

• Duke
  • Renown: 697
  • Infamy: 163
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Never do an enemy a small injury.
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Linebreakers
  • Game nicks: Cavalieres_Midnighter, Dunsparrow
  • IRC nick: Kalam
« Reply #5 on: November 25, 2011, 09:02:15 pm »
+1
A careful sip of steaming hot tea precludes a low exclamation from Mr. Kalam. Brown eyes scan the latest missive from runners in the east. "Good Gahd!" Frowning, he nods in approval. "Who would have thought that brute of a secretary would have made such a fine Lord?" He chuckles to himself.

"The Rain in Spaaaaaaaaain...stays mainly in the plain..."
« Last Edit: November 25, 2011, 09:07:08 pm by Kalam »

Offline Kafein

• King
  • Renown: 2203
  • Infamy: 808
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 25, 2011, 11:31:00 pm »
A careful sip of steaming hot tea precludes a low exclamation from Mr. Kalam. Brown eyes scan the latest missive from runners in the east. "Good Gahd!" Frowning, he nods in approval. "Who would have thought that brute of a secretary would have made such a fine Lord?" He chuckles to himself.

"The Rain in Spaaaaaaaaain...stays mainly in the plain..."

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AZqESl-0OkA&feature=related

"You'll get much further with the lord if you learn not to offend his ears."

Elite British Humor.