Author Topic: Raiding villages  (Read 861 times)

Offline Gimest

• Baron
  • Renown: 101
  • Infamy: 40
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Pantheon
  • Game nicks: Gimest_DeGyrst
  • IRC nick: Gimest
Raiding villages
« on: November 09, 2011, 04:24:38 pm »
Was thinking if there could be a feature for those bandits to raid villages, lets say the battle starts in 30-60 mins after party gets to the reach to raid, defenders would then have like 2% of the village tickets per defender that signs up for the battle and comes to server, equips could mayby all be usable, so if defenders can get 50 men up quickly they would have 100% of the tickets. If the raid is succesfull the raider would get some trade goods and money from the village and no party inside village could move in the next hour or something, and ofc the village thingies go down. Needs something more mayby...

Offline Slamz

• Earl
  • Renown: 386
  • Infamy: 112
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Norse Horde
  • Game nicks: NH_Slamz
Re: Raiding villages
« Reply #1 on: November 10, 2011, 08:30:30 am »
Yeah, I dunno... villages in Strategus are basically castles.  They have troop garrisons.  So "raiding" without fighting the whole garrison doesn't make a lot of sense.

Maybe what you could do is "raid the fields".

Say...

Villages automatically build fields at a rate of 1 per week.
Each field increases the prosperity by +1 and the civilian population by 100 and maybe brings in free money each day.
You can have up to 4 fields per village.

A raid will attack a field -- random open world map (NOT the village map).  Attackers can bring no more than 50 troops.  Defenders bring 10% of the garrison or 50 troops, whichever is LESS.  Defenders get their whole equipment list to choose from.  Last team standing wins.  If attackers win, 1 field is destroyed.  You can raid as often as you like, provided there's still a field standing.

So that way if some 200 member clan has garrisoned a bazillion troops in a village, you may not be able to take it but small raiding clans can still hurt them by setting their fields on fire.
Crush your enemies; see them driven before you; hear the lamentations of their women.
Norse Horde

Offline Digglez

• Duke
  • Renown: 573
  • Infamy: 596
  • cRPG Player
  • YOU INCOMPETENT TOH'PAH!
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Northmen
  • Game nicks: GotLander, Hamarr, Digglesan, Black_D34th
« Reply #2 on: November 10, 2011, 08:38:31 am »
Would be nice to have attack occur 30mins - 1 hour after attack is imitated, no time for defenders to prepare properly.

Offline Slamz

• Earl
  • Renown: 386
  • Infamy: 112
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Norse Horde
  • Game nicks: NH_Slamz
« Reply #3 on: November 10, 2011, 08:41:01 am »
Would be nice to have attack occur 30mins - 1 hour after attack is imitated, no time for defenders to prepare properly.
Without some kind of email alert system, I would always give them a few hours warning, just to notice that there's an attack.  A bunch of raids that are 50 vs 2 aren't going to be much fun.
Crush your enemies; see them driven before you; hear the lamentations of their women.
Norse Horde

Offline Blondin

• Baron
  • Renown: 121
  • Infamy: 33
  • cRPG Player
  • aka Blondie
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Blondin, Tuco, Sentenza
  • IRC nick: Blondin
« Reply #4 on: November 10, 2011, 10:32:05 am »
In strat v2 there was an option for raiding, dunno what happens?

Offline Serfonz

• Judge Serfonz
  • Count
  • Renown: 193
  • Infamy: 29
  • cRPG Player
  • Oh Hi.
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Nord_Serfonz_the_Cowardly
  • IRC nick: Serfonz
« Reply #5 on: November 10, 2011, 02:51:02 pm »
I believe when you "Attack" someone you can switch it to a raid by going to your "Strategus Action Menu" page, then go to the battle in the bottom right and can change the attack type to raid, I have no idea if it works, or how it works.
I'm not retreating, just advancing in another direction!

Offline Erasmas

• Earl
  • Renown: 483
  • Infamy: 138
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • The crows had come
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Grey Order
  • Game nicks: Erasmas_the_Grey
« Reply #6 on: November 10, 2011, 03:05:40 pm »
One of our fiefs was raided in strat 2.0. All remarks below refer to the experience gained during strat 2.0.

During raid the population of the fief does not act as defenders. Only the troops that actually are in the fief - not on the players in the fief - are participating in the battle.  I have no idea if the fief can be reinforced during regular reinforcement window, my guess is - yes, but I can not say that for sure (we did not even try to reinforce our fief at that time).  Gold in the fief can be looted. In strat 2.0 - 100% of such gold could be looted. As to the loot of items - i suppose that regular siege rules apply. Fief cannot hold goods, so - no loot of goods.

AI fief cannot be raided.
« Last Edit: November 10, 2011, 03:17:07 pm by Erasmas »
visitors can't see pics , please register or login