Author Topic: Unban please. Simply made a statement about admin abuse and I get banned  (Read 1056 times)

Offline oralroberts

• Count
  • Renown: 204
  • Infamy: 23
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: SEMENstorm_BITCHYOUAINTNO
Was playing with all my friends on NA 1 and were peasants since retiring.  Rohypnol is running around with throwing knives and i don't know about the others but I've got a long spear and actually killing.  Rohyp gets kicked for "leeching" when he's throwing knives at people.  It didn't make sense to me why he was kicked and then later banned so i disputed this.  I was still playing the game normal and asked them why and such they banned him and I got muted and then continued to ask through Admin chat what the hell their deal is and how it was against the rules to run around with throwing knives.  I stated my opinion and told them I would be posting about admin abuse and then I left the server.  I attempt to come back on just a bit ago and I have been banned it says and I have no idea for how long and/or why.  If its simply asking questions to why the fuck they are abusing their admin powers then that just solves it all right there.  And for me to be banned after leaving saying I was going to post something about the admin abuse is kind of jacked up.  Canary was one of them Dach being another.  I hope this is resolved soon or someone can at least explain to me.  Thanks

Offline oralroberts

• Count
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
Re: Unban please. Simply made a statement about admin abuse and I get banned
« Reply #1 on: November 07, 2011, 07:36:49 am »
I'm BITCHyouAINTnoNERD btw...

Offline Canary

• Marshall
  • Renown: 826
  • Infamy: 202
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: CHAOS
« Reply #2 on: November 07, 2011, 07:53:44 am »
Here's a small selection of the colorful language you were using when addressing the admins with your complaints:

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

You didn't "ask why" we banned him, you called us names and swore at us. If you had a concern, the place to state it would be in the unban thread for the party involved, since your testimony would relate directly to that case. For your case, however, repeated offensive language used to the admin chat merited you a ban from Braeden.

Some people use 'i' chat for good, you know.

Offline Braeden

• Earl
  • Renown: 420
  • Infamy: 53
  • I hear the sound of drums
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Acre?
  • Game nicks: Braeden_Sanguine
  • IRC nick: Braeden
« Reply #3 on: November 07, 2011, 08:12:47 am »
You made a large number of offensive statements to other admins in i chat.  Complaining is fine, presenting an opinion is fine, presenting additional information is not only fine but encouraged.  Spamming it with obscenity is not fine or encouraged.

Your unban in scheduled for 08.11.2011 05:53:00

Offline oralroberts

• Count
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 07, 2011, 08:27:24 am »
So cussing because I feel someone is abusing the system is unwanted...  I feel like your admin system is the best and never wrongfully used.  Nor will I ever post any wrong doings or post anymore ignorant actions done by admins like Canary.  Thanks for just proving my point braeden.  Your my hero.

Offline oralroberts

• Count
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 07, 2011, 08:29:54 am »
  BTW Sarcasm in above reply.  See if you can find it.  Also why wouldn't I cuss out of anger when their sitting there kicking left and right and banning left and right when someone isn't doing anything wrong.  Then you just agree and go along with them.  Cheers to the admins.

Offline oralroberts

• Count
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 07, 2011, 08:32:29 am »
AND another thing.  The only reason I did use I chat and started cussing in there is because you guys muted me in game.  I had like 10 other people agreeing that you guys were in the wrong and then I am banned.  Obviously someone is in the wrong. 

Offline SeQuel

• Earl
  • Renown: 446
  • Infamy: 129
  • cRPG Player Sir White Pawn
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: SeQueL
  • IRC nick: SeQueL
« Reply #7 on: November 07, 2011, 08:43:44 am »
Yah know buddy, if you wanna keep adding in your 2 cents there is a nice little edit button in the bottom right of your posts instead of making multiple reply's.

Offline a_bear_irl

• Duke
  • Renown: 540
  • Infamy: 252
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 07, 2011, 08:59:25 am »
banning someone for offensive language when we have people named "DICK_RONNIERAPIST" and admins with alts named shit like "ZULU BIG BLACK DONG" or whatever keshs' alt is running around is really dumb

this is the second time canary has been involved in an admin being trolled -> admin finds dubious reason to ban guy
FREE ALLERS

Offline SeQuel

• Earl
  • Renown: 446
  • Infamy: 129
  • cRPG Player Sir White Pawn
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: SeQueL
  • IRC nick: SeQueL
« Reply #9 on: November 07, 2011, 09:31:48 am »
banning someone for offensive language when we have people named "DICK_RONNIERAPIST" and admins with alts named shit like "ZULU BIG BLACK DONG" or whatever keshs' alt is running around is really dumb

this is the second time canary has been involved in an admin being trolled -> admin finds dubious reason to ban guy

I don't think Ronnie uses that name anymore, but I may be wrong. Kesh also lost his admin.

Offline Canary

• Marshall
  • Renown: 826
  • Infamy: 202
    • View Profile
  • Faction: CHAOS
« Reply #10 on: November 07, 2011, 11:04:44 am »

And this is the second time you're accusing me of overreacting to trolls by using admin abilities. Well, I wasn't the one who banned this guy.

Offline Ufthak

• Baron
  • Renown: 97
  • Infamy: 25
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 07, 2011, 11:20:00 am »
You know, Ronnie hasn't gone by Ronnierapist since BEFORE the official servers existed. That was on the ATS server.
« Last Edit: November 07, 2011, 11:21:02 am by Ufthak »

Offline Tears of Destiny

• Naive
  • King
  • Renown: 1847
  • Infamy: 870
  • Quiet drifting through shallow waters. 死のび
    • View Profile
    • NADS
  • Faction: Black Company
  • IRC nick: Tears
« Reply #12 on: November 07, 2011, 04:57:13 pm »
Don't triple post, please edit posts instead. This forum still uses normal forum rules. Further violations will result in a warning.

Please refrain from any more "peanut gallery" statements in the NA (Official) forums, or other false accusations. Further violations will result in a warning.

Braeden has resolved the case, thread locked.
« Last Edit: November 07, 2011, 05:06:49 pm by Tears of Destiny »
I'm not normal and I don't pretend so, my approach is pretty much a bomb crescendo.
Death is a fun way to pass the time though, several little bullets moving in staccato.
The terror of my reign will live on in infamy, singing when they die like a dead man's symphony.

Offline Darkkarma

• Duke
  • Renown: 573
  • Infamy: 106
  • cRPG Player
  • Slow your roll
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Chaos
  • Game nicks: DarkKarma
« Reply #13 on: November 07, 2011, 08:41:56 pm »

"If your common sense is not working, here are some more specific guidelines. This is not an explicit list, common sense always overrides disputes. Do not come crying "it's not prohibited in the rules" if you invent a new creative way to be an idiot and get punished."

-cmpxchg8b

Furthermore, these aren't the community servers. Names that promote hate speech of any kind is ofcourse frowned upon and not ok, but Donkleaps' tirade to make the community servers completely 100 percent clean and free of anything that your or my grandmother would have considered a "potty mouth word" in a name pretty much put those servers on the decline in the minds of many. There are some things that the official servers have in common with the community servers and some things they don't. However, blatantly disrespecting admins and calling them names in chat is pretty much frowned upon in any game community and while it doesn't always happen, admins are well within their rights to pursue administrative action against that individual. Some of us just for example just choose not to when guys like you or Zorato spam i chat with things like "i'm gay" or baseless gripes and complaints followed by trollish deflections once your point is refuted or argued against.

« Last Edit: November 07, 2011, 08:50:36 pm by Darkkarma »
This community hurts my brains, a lot.