Author Topic: Good Wpp for the Longbow  (Read 1986 times)

Offline Hunter_the_Honourable

• Count
  • Renown: 229
  • Infamy: 178
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Killing fairy riders for the good of cRPG.
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Anti-fairy riders.
Good Wpp for the Longbow
« on: June 04, 2011, 10:27:42 am »
I have made an archer alt and am going to use the longbow I have used it before so I know its inaccurate so whats a good WPP (wpf I dont know the difference) 
How can you trust People?
They are Humans
I never trust Humans.

Offline CaptainQuantum

• Knight
  • Renown: 44
  • Infamy: 11
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: The 22nd Battalion
  • Game nicks: Quant, Quantum
Re: Good Wpp for the Longbow
« Reply #1 on: June 04, 2011, 11:41:54 am »
Well I have gone for the build of 24 Str, 15 Agi, 8PD, 5 IF, 5 Athletics, 5WM, 8 converted skill points. This yeilds a WPP of 147 without any points placed in any other weapon proficiency. From my understanding once you reach 145+ WPP in archery PD becomes more efficient for reducing crosshair size, aswel as damage of course, however you do no gain draw speed with PD. Hope this helps, still not got the 8 PD I will get it at level 30 but up to now the crosshair is looking nice. The bow became predictably accurate around 125 WPP for me, but was not perfect for anything but close range.

Offline Cup1d

• Count
  • Renown: 167
  • Infamy: 54
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Mercs
« Reply #2 on: June 04, 2011, 11:54:09 am »
TBH I do not recommend go for 8 PD mate. Difference between 7 and 8 pd is quite noticeable, and in case warbow and longbow - you'll be less accurate.

As for longbow - you can achieve decent accuracy with 6 pd and 160+ wpf. If you do not use armor at all - 150+.
Do not expect better accuracy with loomed longbow. Its a myth. Speed, projectile speed and more damage only.

Offline Amender

• Peasant
  • Renown: 1
  • Infamy: 0
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Risen_Crixus Risen_Amender
« Reply #3 on: June 04, 2011, 08:43:30 pm »
150 + is fine for the Longbow, for my next build i may go 21/18  for my longbowman not sure yet though :)

Offline Banok

• Duke
  • Renown: 521
  • Infamy: 215
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 05, 2011, 05:04:34 am »
does PD increase or decrease accuracy these days?

Offline Deadlysiins

• Peasant
  • Renown: 6
  • Infamy: 1
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Hosptailler
  • Game nicks: Hospitaller_Deadlysiins, Annoying_Crossbro, KK_AsianPursuation
« Reply #5 on: June 05, 2011, 04:48:59 pm »
I do beleive it decreases now, you can ask in iirc
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline CaptainQuantum

• Knight
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 08, 2011, 01:56:24 pm »
I am unaware of any changes to PD, it has increased accuracy for some time now. High PD will decrease accuracy if your WPP is not high enough however, I will check this since I am going from 7 to 8 in a couple of levels.

Offline Tears of Destiny

• Naive
  • King
  • Renown: 1847
  • Infamy: 870
  • Quiet drifting through shallow waters. 死のび
    • View Profile
    • NADS
  • Faction: Black Company
  • IRC nick: Tears
« Reply #7 on: June 08, 2011, 11:27:10 pm »
I am unaware of any changes to PD, it has increased accuracy for some time now. High PD will decrease accuracy if your WPP is not high enough however, I will check this since I am going from 7 to 8 in a couple of levels.

14wpf (remember armour lowers this) per point in PD, last checked.
150 + is fine for the Longbow, for my next build i may go 21/18  for my longbowman not sure yet though :)
That was my last archer build and it worked rather well for the warbow, the Longbow should be comparable (As well as better for tin can hunting, just don't try any archer duels). I used the longbow every now and then and I found it worked as long as the melee held their own and was a proper distraction.
« Last Edit: June 08, 2011, 11:28:14 pm by Tears_of_Destiny »
I'm not normal and I don't pretend so, my approach is pretty much a bomb crescendo.
Death is a fun way to pass the time though, several little bullets moving in staccato.
The terror of my reign will live on in infamy, singing when they die like a dead man's symphony.

Offline Glyph

• Baron
  • Renown: 143
  • Infamy: 40
  • cRPG Player Sir White Pawn
  • Turbulence incoming
    • View Profile
  • IRC nick: Horris
« Reply #8 on: June 09, 2011, 04:23:07 pm »
14wpf (remember armour lowers this) per point in PD, last checked.That was my last archer build and it worked rather well for the warbow, the Longbow should be comparable (As well as better for tin can hunting, just don't try any archer duels). I used the longbow every now and then and I found it worked as long as the melee held their own and was a proper distraction.
+14 wpf i suppose? or not?

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Glyph you have obsessive Horse Archer and Horse hatred.
- Official diagnosis :)

Offline Tears of Destiny

• Naive
  • King
    • View Profile
    • NADS
« Reply #9 on: June 09, 2011, 05:55:08 pm »
+14 wpf i suppose? or not?

If the plus makes you feel better then yes  :lol:

The X per Y insinuates that the ratio is dealing with positive numbers unless a negative sign is explicitely given.
I'm not normal and I don't pretend so, my approach is pretty much a bomb crescendo.
Death is a fun way to pass the time though, several little bullets moving in staccato.
The terror of my reign will live on in infamy, singing when they die like a dead man's symphony.

Offline CaptainQuantum

• Knight
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 16, 2011, 08:39:58 pm »
Tested the effect of PD on accuracy, it no longer increases accuracy. It has no effect on accuracy, screenshot proof:
7 PD
http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561197981677092/screenshot/558659834192198609/?tab=public
8PD
http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561197981677092/screenshot/558659834192194982/?tab=public

So it's probably better to go 21 str 18 agi now since the 8 PD is a beastly build but requires you to be at short ranges to be effective.
« Last Edit: June 16, 2011, 08:41:28 pm by CaptainQuantum »

Offline Kafein

• King
  • Renown: 2203
  • Infamy: 808
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 16, 2011, 09:05:12 pm »
If the plus makes you feel better then yes  :lol:

The X per Y insinuates that the ratio is dealing with positive numbers unless a negative sign is explicitely given.

Maybe he was thinking that there's some kind of t wpf value and x PD points make you capable of shooting accurately at t-x*14 archery wpf or more.

But that's strange considering people start at level 1, so with 1 PD and low wpf they are better taking a melee wep  :lol:

Offline Tears of Destiny

• Naive
  • King
    • View Profile
    • NADS
« Reply #12 on: June 16, 2011, 09:08:39 pm »
Hehehhe, maybe.
I do however avoid taking small bows though so I don't have to "relearn" my arcs and speed and such when shooting, and just go without a bow entirely until I have my minimum 6PD. Besides, going melee until then not only means you can fool around with ladders and siege shields more often, but it also means you get to practice some hilarious hammer and hatchet fights.