Author Topic: lvl30+,ranged,cav,special attacks,teamplay  (Read 851 times)

Offline kinngrimm

• King
  • Renown: 1026
  • Infamy: 320
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
    • The Betrayer of Nations
  • Faction: Wolves of Fenris
  • Game nicks: kinngrimm, Karma
  • IRC nick: kinngrimm
Re: lvl30+,ranged,cav,special attacks,teamplay
« Reply #15 on: March 25, 2012, 06:41:22 pm »
The reason why level 30+ characters lose so many "bells and whistles" that normal characters have is because the Devs want to discourage you from leveling that high.

I have to say the levels alone are powerful enough as is.
and because of that, there are soft&hardcaps in leveling, points which rarely any player reaches if at all. This alone makes it difficutly, impossible for players to create a total out of balance character, you could play like 10years and wouldn't reach 37, you can play some years and perhaps reach 36, half a year to 2 years to 35,

And that is all good that you just can't outlevel others, what i am speakin of aren't these things if you read this first paragraph of me closely in the first post, there you will find that that is something i may find tiresoem but still agree on that it is needed.

But come on, not being able to craft shit in strategus in the same ways like those who just will go for max lvl somewhat later ... I made several suggestions how to solve that problem before this threat, in the developer section in the suggestion area, not once has any developer said anything against those, look them up, you are a forum freak as i understand Tears ;) no offence.

Also not being able to get the "time" out an alt i don't play, but just need to wait some months longer till i grinded the gold to buy me the other stuff ... this is smalltime

And well, in one of my first suggestions ever, i already stated it would be great to change the build at anytime. Fuck the restriction on classes, mix how you want at anytime you want. Make a new character build tomorrow, one the next day afterwards, hourly if you have to, save those you like and when you need them for strategus to be load that class build for that situation, load it, be it and be done with it afterwards. That way we could have in strategus a close to perfect attack/defence army, therefor it will get more interesting, you would be able to plan out battles even more with strategies really dependent on the map/castle/village/gear ...
Man in my mind it is totally narrowminded to make alts at all, i play so get better over time, i play and i get therefor exp on my char, why would i need to have to go through all the generations again with another toon? Where is the disadvantage to have only one character who would then need to make generation for every type of weapon for any class that player wants to be geared up in?
Now i am kinngrimm with 2h or polarm getting my ass handed, then i am kinngrimm the Horsearcher my old friend, then the shielder ... why alts ... and don't try to reason here, no deal.

People something you need to get about me, i am not for more restrictions, but to enable players as much as possible,
i hate user interfaces which take one click more then needed, rules which aren't clear by logic and then therefor aren't descriped in depth with their reasons. One more thing if you really think i am that shallow that i only look out for my class, that only shows me that you don't know jack shit about me and i can be done with whatever you say with less concern as well.
« Last Edit: March 25, 2012, 06:47:00 pm by kinngrimm »
learn from the past, live the moment, dream of the future

Offline kinngrimm

• King
  • Renown: 1026
  • Infamy: 320
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
    • The Betrayer of Nations
  • Faction: Wolves of Fenris
  • Game nicks: kinngrimm, Karma
  • IRC nick: kinngrimm
Re: lvl30+,ranged,cav,special attacks,teamplay
« Reply #16 on: March 25, 2012, 06:43:08 pm »
This.

The increase in heirloom prices is no mystery, "nobody" retires anymore. If anything should be done, it's buffing retirement.
well buff retirement, sure, but make it smart, so that those who go for max level don't need to feel like they miss out on something, it shouldn't be a choice between pest and cholara or Haven and Hell ^^ some may like the later
« Last Edit: March 25, 2012, 06:48:35 pm by kinngrimm »
learn from the past, live the moment, dream of the future