Author Topic: Not quite a clan-tournament but an event with clans and regiments and stuff  (Read 587 times)

Offline Ragni_Bross

• Knight
  • Renown: 69
  • Infamy: 54
  • cRPG Player
  • "At the end of a smile there's a laugh and a half"
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Militia
  • Game nicks: Militia_Iwarad
I suggested this some time ago in the general discussion but I guess it would make just as much sense posting the thread here, as it just might require some help and willingness from the major clans

Lately I've been playing a lot of Warhammer and Total War and I figured that it could be great fun having a battle-event with regiments. Say it's a 60 v 60 battle then each side could field 3 regiments. Each regiment would consist of players wearing matching armor and wielding matching weapons say a sword'n'board regiment or a regiment of halberdiers. STF-alts could come in very handy as it would be possible to have a regiment of players with the exact same builds and roughly the same gear. Each regiment would also have some sort of leader, obviously, p'raps using slightly better weapons and wearing better armor to stand out from the rest. The commander would also be in touch with the other commanders via TS or something like that.

It would, of course, be important to move as one in the regiments, so this calls for some sort of discipline and training, and it would be necessary to find the right players but I think it could be great fun to do something like this.

To make this interesting and possible we could of course have interested clans sign up bringing a regiment each or something like that. That would also make sure that we've got men we can rely on to take it seriously and not fuck around.

It'd be the most fun if the regiments had to stay in their formations and not just disperse and go berserk as soon as the enemy's within reach but I guess it'll take a lot from the individual player to stay in formation when there's fighting going on.

I was thinking it could be quite cool with some regiments employing rather cheap equipment rather than the usual hordes of plate armored knights since we're focusing on the regiments as whole units and not the individual players.

Here's an example of a rather light soldier.

Risen Footman

Strength: 24
Agility: 15
Hit points: 73
Skills to attributes: 8
Ironflesh: 7
Power Strike: 8
Shield: 0
Athletics: 4
Riding: 0
Horse Archery: 0
Power Draw: 0
Power Throw: 0
Weapon Master: 4
One Handed: 1
Two Handed: 1
Polearm: 138
Archery: 1
Crossbow: 1
Throwing: 1

Aketon: 588
Ankle boots: 153
Kettle helmet: 2107
Leather gloves: 289
Military scythe: 3336
Dagger: 260

In total: 6733

I think it could be great if a few clans (only the ones REALLY feeling like taking part in the event) could contribute with a regiment each or with some ideas for improvement.

Lemme hear what you think.

Offline Bjord

• Amateur heretic
  • King
  • Renown: 1328
  • Infamy: 1109
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • salty turks
    • View Profile
So basically, you're suggesting something we already did a while back on EU 2?

If you happened to take part of it, it was sort of a minor failure. Aemaelius did a decent job with the organization though, with help from others.

I don't see how what you're suggesting is any different.
When you stare into the abyss, the abyss stares back.

Offline Lansamur

• Count
  • Renown: 232
  • Infamy: 46
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Lansamur, The_Prisoner,Beer_Storage, Carebear_Ravenei
  • IRC nick: Lansamur
Have a look at Cult of Mithras (which, btw Bjord, is still alive and kicking).
http://forum.c-rpg.net/index.php/topic,16561.0.html
[22:17] <@chadz> congratz cmpxchg8b, you managed to put 995 errors into the item sheet!
[22:17] <@cmpxchg8b> epic winning
[22:17] <@cmpxchg8b> beat that Fasader

Offline Tristan

• Count
  • Renown: 200
  • Infamy: 52
  • cRPG Player
  • Listen to wisdom!
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Caravan Guild (Guards)
  • Game nicks: Guard_Tristan
  • IRC nick: Guard_Tristan
I think Bjord might be referring to the multi-clan event. It had its moments and it had its bumps. I'll participate if you're up to organizing it.
Cult of mithras and trading with Guard trading is currently enough drug for my organizing addiction.
He is despised and rejected of men; a man of sorrows, and acquainted with grief. He was oppressed, and he was afflicted, yet he opened his mouth.

Offline Bjord

• Amateur heretic
  • King
  • Renown: 1328
  • Infamy: 1109
  • salty turks
    • View Profile
Yes, I was talking about the multi-clan event.
When you stare into the abyss, the abyss stares back.

Offline Ragni_Bross

• Knight
  • Renown: 69
  • Infamy: 54
  • cRPG Player
  • "At the end of a smile there's a laugh and a half"
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Militia
  • Game nicks: Militia_Iwarad
I was there, but the difference is that this'll be all about the regiments. It's not a competition of any kind, it's just to try out moving around and fighting in tight regiments. I haven't planned this at all, I just liked the idea and I guess pitching the clans against eachother and making some rules for equipment won't be that difficult. I'm very busy IRL at the moment so I won't have the time to organize it, but if someone's up for organizing some sort of event anytime soon they should feel free to do something like or exactly like this. I'm sure the Risen will contribute with some sort of regiment.