Author Topic: new player lols @ banner "balance"  (Read 3797 times)

Offline hippy_with_a_scimi

• Knight
  • Renown: 55
  • Infamy: 9
  • cRPG Player
  • Balbasaur
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Balbaroth since the dawn of times
Re: new player lols @ banner "balance"
« Reply #30 on: October 18, 2011, 06:47:31 pm »
+2
I remember as a new player that banner balance could be annoying, especially on low populated servers.

Fear not though, as you get better, it won't matter as much... Eventually you will become the game changer (maybe).

I'm not sure why everyone is bashing the new player so much... He's just stating the obvious? BB is sometimes "op"

Because banner balance is sacred grounds and cannot be discussed infidel! :D

Offline Zisa

• Count
  • Renown: 272
  • Infamy: 124
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: I am not at liberty to say.
« Reply #31 on: October 18, 2011, 08:11:37 pm »
+1
Since the first multiplayer game clans or guilds have been both a benefit and a piss off.

It can be rough, but it will be extremely satisfying to beat the 'favoured' team.

PUB clan!
Alas nodachi
remembers glorious spring
a tin can's hatchet.
http://www.moddb.com/members/psychotropicdog

Offline Tears of Destiny

• Naive
  • King
  • Renown: 1847
  • Infamy: 870
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Quiet drifting through shallow waters. 死のび
    • View Profile
    • NADS
  • Faction: Black Company
  • IRC nick: Tears
« Reply #32 on: October 18, 2011, 08:38:34 pm »
+2
All I know is when BannerBalance was turned off on the Officials, we had a large player hit and the communities surged until we turned it back on.

I dunno, I admit I am biased for it.
I'm not normal and I don't pretend so, my approach is pretty much a bomb crescendo.
Death is a fun way to pass the time though, several little bullets moving in staccato.
The terror of my reign will live on in infamy, singing when they die like a dead man's symphony.

• Knight
  • cRPG Player
  • Balbasaur
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: October 18, 2011, 08:48:40 pm »
+1
All I know is when BannerBalance was turned off on the Officials, we had a large player hit and the communities surged until we turned it back on.

I dunno, I admit I am biased for it.

you are totally biased ! :D   but i still lub you

Offline Tears of Destiny

• Naive
  • King
  • Renown: 1847
  • Infamy: 870
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Quiet drifting through shallow waters. 死のび
    • View Profile
    • NADS
  • Faction: Black Company
  • IRC nick: Tears
« Reply #34 on: October 18, 2011, 08:54:33 pm »
+1
I am completely and shamelessly biased! :D I still wub you too <3
I'm not normal and I don't pretend so, my approach is pretty much a bomb crescendo.
Death is a fun way to pass the time though, several little bullets moving in staccato.
The terror of my reign will live on in infamy, singing when they die like a dead man's symphony.

Offline Dehitay

• Baron
  • Renown: 121
  • Infamy: 48
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Fallen Brigade
« Reply #35 on: October 18, 2011, 08:55:07 pm »
thats why they are avoiding clannies like the plague when they are in battle versus or "spare"  while they murder others    til the end  ,   

You see that all the time.. ToD, dont be  a baddie    :p
It's not that we don't like fighting other clans. It's that we have a level of intellect greater than a rock. Between a squad of four moving in unison and a single player all by his lonesome, anybody with half a brain is going to make the same choice we make. You whittle away the weak links and then use overwhelming numbers to crush the rest. If you've played battle for so much as a week and haven't figured that out, you're on the same level of intellect as the rock.

But yes, banner balance is going to put the clanless at a disadvantage. But it's really their own choice not to work in a team. However, right now EU5 has banner balance off and is popular enough to actually have a decent population. If you hate banner balance, then go play there.

• Knight
  • cRPG Player
  • Balbasaur
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: October 18, 2011, 09:35:17 pm »
+1
It's not that we don't like fighting other clans. It's that we have a level of intellect greater than a rock. Between a squad of four moving in unison and a single player all by his lonesome, anybody with half a brain is going to make the same choice we make. You whittle away the weak links and then use overwhelming numbers to crush the rest. If you've played battle for so much as a week and haven't figured that out, you're on the same level of intellect as the rock.

But yes, banner balance is going to put the clanless at a disadvantage. But it's really their own choice not to work in a team. However, right now EU5 has banner balance off and is popular enough to actually have a decent population. If you hate banner balance, then go play there.

le sigh , what a simpleton explanation...    I try my best to work with the team the game gives me... So It's my choice that the balancer put me in the clanless team so that you play with your buddies eh...  its my choice to get trampled by the clans horses or getting mobbed  , yeah sure, you fail at reasoning good sir

I think banner balance is good in theory but bad in practice , 

I think the logic behind the banner balance should be :

1- make balanced teams first  and after 2- start banner balancing with the remaining players

At the moment its the opposite,

Why its so hard to understand... 

Go back under the rock you came from please if you dont have any constructive arguments   
« Last Edit: October 18, 2011, 09:36:22 pm by hippy_with_a_scimi »

Offline Zisa

• Count
  • Renown: 272
  • Infamy: 124
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: I am not at liberty to say.
« Reply #37 on: October 18, 2011, 10:58:53 pm »
+1
This argument has indeed been around since beta...
It is not that hard to type 'stick together' all go left, etc...

Players are not that stupid, though you would never guess, a little guidance on occasion can help your team.
Alas nodachi
remembers glorious spring
a tin can's hatchet.
http://www.moddb.com/members/psychotropicdog

Offline Xant

• Finnish Pony
  • King
  • Renown: 1552
  • Infamy: 803
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: October 18, 2011, 11:04:31 pm »
+1
you could always use the dominating clan's banner
Meaning lies as much
in the mind of the reader
as in the Haiku.

Offline Gisbert_of_Thuringia

• Count
  • Renown: 169
  • Infamy: 136
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Caravan Guild
  • Game nicks: Guard_Gisbert_of_Thuringia, Guard_Bernulf_of_Thuringia, Guard_Ranulf_of_Thuringia etc...
« Reply #39 on: October 18, 2011, 11:05:38 pm »
+1

When did they turn bannerbalance off?

They just turned it on again one or two weeks ago, because the server was empty all the time it was without bannerbalance.

Maybe check your sources next time?