Author Topic: Throwing Lance bugs  (Read 1419 times)

Offline AntiBlitz

• Duke
  • Renown: 636
  • Infamy: 187
  • cRPG Player
  • American Scum
    • View Profile
Throwing Lance bugs
« on: October 29, 2011, 08:22:53 pm »
Well first off, using a throwing lance it seems you cannot stop charging horses with it, they just truck u over anyways. 

Also i noticed that when using it with a shield, you cannot pierce someone who is wearing anything heavier then a byrnja.  though it has 26pierce damage, it seems to truly not do that amount.

Last post, if you pick up a weapon that takes two slots, and you have some lances, they dissapear, and you pick up the weapon.  Your lances are gone, not on the ground.

But the top post is the more pertinent of the three, seems not alot of people use them, so to have bugs is expected.

Offline Patricia

• Baron
  • Renown: 108
  • Infamy: 78
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
Re: Throwing Lance bugs
« Reply #1 on: October 29, 2011, 11:11:40 pm »
I think the lance dissapearing are on all throwing weapons.

Also, I heard that the rearing was now only on polearms with 150 reach and above (Don't quote me on that)

As for for damage and stuff I agree, I mess around with a 10 PS 10 PT 3 WM throwing build sometimes and the throwing lance really seems to underperform, I couldn't tell you why, I could make another build with 5 ps and a war spear (roughly same stats save for the reach and speed) and 0 polearm proficiency and I would glance a lot less.

Offline AntiBlitz

• Duke
  • Renown: 636
  • Infamy: 187
  • cRPG Player
  • American Scum
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 30, 2011, 12:54:01 pm »
yes using a heavy lance on the ground, you can seem effective, tho with the throwing lances it doesnt seem to perform to its stats.

and i do believe my horse has been reared before by iron staffs, which dont even pierce......

Offline Jarlek

• King
  • Renown: 1173
  • Infamy: 307
  • cRPG Player Sir White Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • The walking wiki
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Jarlek_The_Blue, Jarla, Jarlen, Jarler, Jarlec, Jarled OH GOD ALL THESE ALTS
  • IRC nick: Jarlek
« Reply #3 on: October 31, 2011, 02:10:50 am »
-snip-
Also, I heard that the rearing was now only on polearms with 150 reach and above (Don't quote me on that)
-snip-
Just mentioning that you're wrong there. Polearms like Boar Spear, military fork, battle fork, all poleaxes and double sided lance, are all less than 150 and can rear horses.
This game isn't about being skillful as much as its about saying things in general chat that enrage people who then go to murder you but in their rage they make dumb mistakes which gets them killed.
In memory of Jarlek_zeh_Blue, ruler of Ilvia

Offline Patricia

• Baron
  • Renown: 108
  • Infamy: 78
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 31, 2011, 07:48:00 am »
Just mentioning that you're wrong there. Polearms like Boar Spear, military fork, battle fork, all poleaxes and double sided lance, are all less than 150 and can rear horses.

Hence the "don't quote me on that".

Offline Jarlek

• King
  • Renown: 1173
  • Infamy: 307
  • cRPG Player Sir White Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • The walking wiki
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Jarlek_The_Blue, Jarla, Jarlen, Jarler, Jarlec, Jarled OH GOD ALL THESE ALTS
  • IRC nick: Jarlek
« Reply #5 on: October 31, 2011, 11:33:38 am »
Hence the "don't quote me on that".
I know. Was just explaining it once and for all (at least in this thread :P) So people who read here will now know for sure :D
This game isn't about being skillful as much as its about saying things in general chat that enrage people who then go to murder you but in their rage they make dumb mistakes which gets them killed.
In memory of Jarlek_zeh_Blue, ruler of Ilvia