Author Topic: Laissez faire  (Read 2224 times)

Offline Ganon

• Peasant
  • Renown: 8
  • Infamy: 0
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Ganon, Linkk
Re: Laissez faire
« Reply #15 on: February 06, 2011, 02:06:38 pm »
Is this a whine about the patch or Admins?

If it is about the patch, quit whining and play. Its better.

If it is about Admins, quit whining and play. Its better. Its best when people just shut up and play though and stop worrying about their buddy who got kicked because he #1 - couldn't shut up and #2 - decided that telling an Admin to fuck off was the best way to handle the situation.

Some of the problems people create themselves. When a griefer is team wounding, your team is aware of it. There have been a few times in team chat where it is discussed, we spawn in, the team wounder is killed and in chat the witnessess proclaim that it was a just and fair killing of a team wounder, and on we go. Nobody gets kicked and the TK'er gets his desserts. However, if you get smacked and just go off and TK somebody before your team is aware of the problem, that's your fault and you just let the griefer win.

It's a whine about people whining that think everybody but themselves whines.

Offline FICO

• Noble
  • Renown: 16
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Bandits
  • Game nicks: Bandit_FICO
« Reply #16 on: February 06, 2011, 02:21:20 pm »
people, TRY to be dignified and noble. grow up. by grow up i don't mean to grow beard or to have sex (now every 10 y o screws around).
if you need something to channel your frustrations go singleplayer and scream into your monitor.
(click to show/hide)
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

A fighter is more dangerous, starved, sick, injured, sleep-deprived, drunk and naked than the normal person is well-fed, healthy, whole, rested, cold sober and armed to the teeth

Offline ManOfWar

• Count
  • Renown: 243
  • Infamy: 36
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • No crutches at all!
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Remnants
  • Game nicks: Remnant_ManOfWar (Formerly Takeda)
  • IRC nick: ManOfWar
« Reply #17 on: February 07, 2011, 05:26:10 am »
the problem stems from too many friends, then friends of friends being given admin power early in the game's age.  This led to a lot of new players simply being driven off due to the many flagrant violation of admin power.

Then not long ago we went through a phase were the admins just changed names.

Then we saw a purging of the completely shit admins, but there are still many left behind.

Now new admins are stepping up and enforcing these same laissez faire rules that suits each admin's particular taste in the game.

and ptx completely misses the point... which is that there are too many admins.

Why does every action, chat comment, or gear choice have to be scrutinized by admins?

I know you, You try and provoke admins and question each and every action. I make a minor mistake and people like you blow it out of proportion causing a fuss.

A typical lljk
« Last Edit: February 07, 2011, 05:30:53 am by ManOfWar »
Just a soldier

Offline Balton

• Knight
  • Renown: 56
  • Infamy: 11
  • cRPG Player
  • Divine Being
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Death God
  • Game nicks: GoD_Balton_the_Buff
« Reply #18 on: February 07, 2011, 06:22:56 am »
I agree with being able to defend yourself against tkers. The current rule that you have to let tkers kill you every round over and over again without fighting back is absolutely ridiculous. Let's face it, in real life you wouldn't let someone hit you to death, so why let it happen over a video game?
Wherever I tread, only chaos & destruction follow.

Offline Gash

• Count
  • Renown: 151
  • Infamy: 29
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: ATS/Occitan
« Reply #19 on: February 07, 2011, 08:28:52 am »
I agree with being able to defend yourself against tkers. The current rule that you have to let tkers kill you every round over and over again without fighting back is absolutely ridiculous. Let's face it, in real life you wouldn't let someone hit you to death, so why let it happen over a video game?

Unfortunately, too many idiots will mistake an accidental FF hit as intentional and TK his teammate - which just snowballs from there.

So instead of Tking him, go fight the enemy. If he follows you with the intent of purposely injuring you - get an admin's attention. If there aren't any online, make a poll. If the polls are off, take a screenshot and post in on the forums.

You may take the risk of TKing the guy, but just know that we will not be wasting our time trying to figure out who started it. You'll both be removed.

Also, you might want to brush up on your reputation in-game... in tends to help not attracting negative sentiment from teammates.  :wink:
CRPG NA Server Admin

Offline Heroin

• Baron
  • Renown: 135
  • Infamy: 32
  • cRPG Player
  • cRPG NA Server Admin
    • View Profile
  • Faction: MB
  • Game nicks: BlackHand_Heroin, Heroin_ATS, Heroin__JaBoNRA, Heroine_Heroin_MB, F8
« Reply #20 on: February 07, 2011, 09:24:56 am »
I know you, You try and provoke admins and question each and every action. I make a minor mistake and people like you blow it out of proportion causing a fuss.

A typical lljk

Yeah, that dude pipes up in all sorts of threads trying to badmouth admins. If the only admin we had was Jesus Christ himself, this dude would say he's mean, unfair, and biased towards the wealthy.
Quote from: Godfrey of Ibelin
I once fought for two days with an arrow through my testicle.

Offline FICO

• Noble
  • Renown: 16
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Bandits
  • Game nicks: Bandit_FICO
« Reply #21 on: February 07, 2011, 10:43:35 am »

A typical lljk
i have 3 kids and i have lot of pedagogic experience... and i have to say that kids have phases of questioning authorities. when they are little they test how far they can go. teenagers usually try to make authority figure incompetent and irrelevant (which they usually fail, but i always say to them that it is ok and that they will never again in their life have so much courage, but not to push it too far
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

A fighter is more dangerous, starved, sick, injured, sleep-deprived, drunk and naked than the normal person is well-fed, healthy, whole, rested, cold sober and armed to the teeth