Author Topic: Market: Increase Offer Limit  (Read 253 times)

Offline Garem

• Count
  • Renown: 268
  • Infamy: 37
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
    • The Black Company forums
  • Faction: The Black Company
  • Game nicks: Garem_BlackCompany
Market: Increase Offer Limit
« on: February 05, 2012, 10:03:31 pm »
+2
I suggest raising the number of offers at one time. I don't see any reason to limit it to 5 offers! It seems rather arbitrary. Let the market reign free! I see no benefit to regulating it, at least with so few offers.

We could due away with the "Buy" and "Sell" forums. It's the cumbersome alternative and entirely unnecessary if this limit is lifted or drastically raised (I can see some limit being of value to prevent the trolls- 30 or 50 or so).

Great market changes, aside from this and Malicious' critique, which I also endorse.
The Black Company's Strategus Trainer
http://forum.melee.org/faction-halls/black-company-recruiting-na/
Forums: http://nadeathsquad.freeforums.org/
Formerly of the Fallen Brigade, Homeys4Lyfe

Offline Kherr

• Noble
  • Renown: 13
  • Infamy: 1
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • IRC nick: Kherr
Re: Market: Increase Offer Limit
« Reply #1 on: February 05, 2012, 10:48:23 pm »
Yep, I support that.

If you want a specific item it is most often hard to find somebody who exactly wants that. But if there are a lot of offers available you can do a few crosstrades to get the item which you want. I had sometimes trading chaines of 4 trades to get what I want. That was very efficient.
It's impossible to organize such trading chains with messages in the trading forum.
If the people cannot offer a lot of possible trades the amount of possibilites decrease dramatically.

And the best... I need trading partners in a chain of trades. If I have a trading chain of 4 trades there are 5 happy traders involved. I get what I want, but the other involved traders also get what they want.

So... please increase the maximum amount of possible offers!