Author Topic: Suggestion: Large scale AI bandit raids for first part of Strat 3  (Read 430 times)

Offline Dehitay

• Baron
  • Renown: 121
  • Infamy: 48
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Fallen Brigade
The funnest thing about Strat is the large scale battles. However, due to the current means of getting and equipping troops, it's going to be a long time before any real fun battles happen. So I'd like to add large scale bandit raids. While less than half the fiefs are unclaimed, I think it would be a good idea to randomly choose an AI village to get attacked by bandits of an equal army size to the population for every 4 or 6 hours that there's no attack on a fief. After the battle is over, the village should return to the default population and funds regardless of what happened in the battle to keep anybody from getting an advantage. You could even make it interesting by making the village that gets attacked go up or down one prosperity rating depending on whether they won or lost the battle. That would cause any groups who use that village to show up in a more organized mass to protect that fief's prosperity rating.

Offline Ufthak

• Baron
  • Renown: 97
  • Infamy: 25
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
Re: Suggestion: Large scale AI bandit raids for first part of Strat 3
« Reply #1 on: October 15, 2011, 11:57:28 am »
Deh, a lot of your ideas are really dumb, but I like this one, a lot. I've been dying to do another strat battle, but at this rate that's probably a ways off. The idea of having equal AI raids to determine prosperity, but then just set the gold/population count back afterward sounds really good also. Might also get the diplomacy going full-swing as sides that have a vested interest in seeing a town within another faction's claim do poorly sign up for the raiders in bulk.