Author Topic: The patch (you know the upkeep one)  (Read 802 times)

Offline LordRichrich

• Count
  • Renown: 297
  • Infamy: 115
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
The patch (you know the upkeep one)
« on: March 28, 2011, 05:57:51 pm »
I know what you're all thinking
"Here we go again"
However, unlike all them trolls I've waited, played the patch and thought up some points I'd like to raise

Firstly, upkeep. It's very meh. It's sorta good sorta bad.
Pre-big-patch I LOVED seeing a guy in plate coming at me swinging his giant ass sword. I had a tank killer class, warhammer and shield and sniper xbow. Worked very nice.
I can't use this class anymore but people can't really use their plate much.
I beleive the new rapid-to-level-20 system balanced out the "over poweredness of plate" as did the rapid reduction of possible wpf
Now people can get to level 20 fast and have a half decent character to fight with
I propose (and yes I know this is pointless because 99% chance that upkeep will NEVER be removed) the following
The removal of upkeep
Balanced by a drastic gold reduction.
The nerf of "random" xbowers, so no more noobs carrying round the elephant gun for lucky shots.

There is one major flaw in my argument, I agree. The people with huge ass stacks of gold are gonna be able to get top gear immediatly. If we took their gold, they'd get pissed and leave. If we let them keep it, others get pissed and leave. So I duno what to do about that

The reason this would be balanced now:
EVERYONE can play WHATEVER class they want ALL THE TIME. Which is surely the point of cRPG?
If we still find it unbalanced we could give a larger wpf for weight nerf.
(This would include all the balaces like throwing etc anyway)
I beleive this patch HAS taken away from the point of cRPG (see above) and I think these might help return it.
Either way, if I'm right or wrong, we'll never know. Cos it ain't ever gonna change
-Richard
P.S - Please don't troll me. I'm only trying to reach a compromise from what I've heard from players!

Offline Nemeth

• Knight
  • Renown: 34
  • Infamy: 6
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Nemeth
  • IRC nick: Nemeth
Re: The patch (you know the upkeep one)
« Reply #1 on: March 28, 2011, 06:03:34 pm »
The patch was mainly to reduce tin cans afaik. This suggestion would bring them back. Not immidietally, if you reset the gold on every character, but in the end it would. And with the nerfs to xbows and other weapons, I believe tin cans would be even stronger.
So no, I don't like this suggestion ^^

Offline LordRichrich

• Count
  • Renown: 297
  • Infamy: 115
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 28, 2011, 06:09:10 pm »
The patch was mainly to reduce tin cans afaik. This suggestion would bring them back. Not immidietally, if you reset the gold on every character, but in the end it would. And with the nerfs to xbows and other weapons, I believe tin cans would be even stronger.
So no, I don't like this suggestion ^^
Please read. The whole point is to bring them back!
But the wpf/weight nerf would balance them, they'd swing a lot slower than lighter armoured characters
I killed Murmillus Prime the other day. He was wearing plate. All I had to do was four swings (with 4 PS) and a team mate with a few aswell. Tincans aren't exactly hard to kill due to armour. Just they can manual block. If you can play well you can destroy a tin can easy. How do you think a lot of players got good? Because they had to adapt to face tincans. Patch has made it a less skill based IMO

Offline Zisa

• Count
  • Renown: 272
  • Infamy: 124
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: I am not at liberty to say.
« Reply #3 on: March 28, 2011, 06:18:53 pm »
Choose the maps you want to use your top gear with. Don't bring a horse if you are afraid of axes. etc.

Think I went through 150k gold or so on a wacky cavalry build, not being careful at all.
Alas nodachi
remembers glorious spring
a tin can's hatchet.
http://www.moddb.com/members/psychotropicdog

Offline Penitent

• King
  • Renown: 1389
  • Infamy: 220
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Penitent_Turtler
« Reply #4 on: March 28, 2011, 06:22:25 pm »
I actually like the noobs with crossbows getting lucky shots.  It's historically accurate. :)  Makes it fun.

Offline La Makina

• Knight
  • Renown: 26
  • Infamy: 39
  • cRPG Player
  • Dedicated siege tower pusher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 28, 2011, 06:33:43 pm »
Your suggestion will not bring back tincans (since they have not disappeard, their number has just been monitored), you will just make them utterly common, and I am not sure that this is what c-RPG is about (but what is c-RPG about except stealing your lifetime on earth?)