Author Topic: Ban Request: Smellmyfinger  (Read 969 times)

Offline MrShine

• Ragdoll Basher
  • King
  • Renown: 1156
  • Infamy: 193
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Fear the stache
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: MrShine
Ban Request: Smellmyfinger
« on: October 07, 2011, 03:36:06 am »
Hello. 

On the NA battle server ~8:00PM Central 10/6/11.  8vs1 at the end of a round and I notice Smellmyfinger is delaying in a corner (not stuck, he ran out when they started closing in on him).

Leeching: (screenshots show him not moving from 2:42 gametime to 2:18 gametime, I didn't take the first shot until I noticed he wasn't moving for a bit, and a short time after my second shot the team finally found him)
(click to show/hide)
(click to show/hide)

Then I think... hmm this name sounds familiar, where have I heard it before?  OH YEAH THE BAN SECTION!

So I decide to watch him during the last part of the round, and sure enough at spawn he hits a horse like the video robownz7 made.  Next map starts and I see him try it again (I admit you don't see him hit the horse in the SS, but I promise I saw him hit the horse from the round prior and he definitely tried to hit another here).
(click to show/hide)

In closing I'll say this:  I have no prior bad blood with Smellmyfinger.  I've never requested a ban for a player.  I have no reason to try and 'frame' someone in the community for something they aren't doing.   But honestly, how many times is the same player going to get banned for the same things before more strict action is taken?  Smellmyfinger is on the 'known troublemaker' list, he's been banned in EU, banned in NA, leeches, delays, team wounds, griefs. 

In short I see him contributing nothing to the community other than trolling (which we have enough of already).  If that's all he brings to the community, I don't think he should be a part of it.
Holy crap I have a youtube gaming channel! https://www.youtube.com/user/MrShine12345

Offline SeQuel

• Earl
  • Renown: 446
  • Infamy: 129
  • cRPG Player Sir White Pawn
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: SeQueL
  • IRC nick: SeQueL
Re: Ban Request: Smellmyfinger
« Reply #1 on: October 07, 2011, 04:57:21 am »
Your leeching screen shots isn't good enough evidence to ban for leeching as 30 seconds isn't enough. He could have been on steam typing a message to a friends (I know sometimes it looks like I'm afk if I'm typing) or talking to someone in real life, we really don't know.

Your hits at spawn also I don't find gives sufficient evidence as you don't actually have a connection of him hitting the horse, nor do I see blood on the horse or him.

Unless another admin thinks differently and can point out something I've missed then go for it, otherwise there is nothing here that is ban worthy.

Offline Smoothrich

• King
  • Renown: 1558
  • Infamy: 986
  • cRPG Player
  • #manup @bigplays
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 07, 2011, 05:02:42 am »
smellmyfinger is a terrible player and known troll but the evidence in this thread is bad

feel free to screen cap/fraps this guy's any future transgressions though
My posting is like a katana folded 1000 times to perfection.. and the community is what keeps the edge sharp.. and bloody.  -  Me.

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline MrShine

• Ragdoll Basher
  • King
  • Renown: 1156
  • Infamy: 193
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Fear the stache
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: MrShine
« Reply #3 on: October 07, 2011, 06:08:40 am »
I recognize that my screens are not 100% proof of wrongdoing, and that there are things that he could have been doing instead of team wounding.  I'll drop the issue (unless I see something from him in the future and get better shots).

However, while I recognize the whole "innocent until proven guilty" thing I feel there comes a point where the judgment call needs to be a bit more flexible.

Before making this thread I searched for other bans, and this dude has repeatedly been accused of breaking these rules, been banned on both EU and NA (NA a bunch) and is (as confirmed by Smoothrich) a known troll that's even on a watchlist thread.  Shouldn't that count for something?

If I wasn't 100% sure that Smellmyfinger was intentionally teamwounding in spawn I wouldn't have taken the time to take the (bad) screenshots and post my first ban request since I joined c-RPG back in March. 

I guess I'll take solace in the fact that he'll get banned again when he inevitably decides to break the rules once more.  Maybe that one will be lasting.

Bonus:
(click to show/hide)

Holy crap I have a youtube gaming channel! https://www.youtube.com/user/MrShine12345

Offline Jerry_Garcia

• Peasant
  • Renown: 2
  • Infamy: 0
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 07, 2011, 06:34:28 am »
I second this notion, Smellmyfinger is a straight-up scrub.

Offline Siboire

• Knight
  • Renown: 43
  • Infamy: 20
  • cRPG Player
  • Sergentariá D'armas
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Occitan
  • Game nicks: Occitan_FullMetalJacket
« Reply #5 on: October 07, 2011, 07:00:27 am »
Says the guy that trolls by team horse bumping on purpose... Vieilli un peu mon grand...

On topic, that screenshot of SmellMyFinger hiding behind the barrel, it was me that killed him. He was hidden behind that barrel, only his hands were sticking out so I took a shot at him, and then, all of a sudden, he starts walking and he gets out of his hole... Kinda suspicions that he needs to be hit before he moves. Being last alive on his team, hidden behind a barrel and to move only once he gets shot... :?

Offline Anwyl

• Baron
  • Renown: 144
  • Infamy: 66
  • cRPG Player
  • I liked cool avatars before they went mainstream.
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Coy
  • IRC nick: Coy
« Reply #6 on: October 07, 2011, 09:37:43 am »

Oh hey if it isn't the guy that was teamwounding 5 maps in a row.

Offline ManOfWar

• Count
  • Renown: 243
  • Infamy: 36
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • No crutches at all!
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Remnants
  • Game nicks: Remnant_ManOfWar (Formerly Takeda)
  • IRC nick: ManOfWar
« Reply #7 on: October 08, 2011, 04:42:31 am »
He needs to be watched
Just a soldier

Offline sylentknyte

• Peasant
  • Renown: 4
  • Infamy: 2
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 09, 2011, 05:29:37 am »
Wow look at fucking Batman over here. Great detective work bud. I should probably be banned for the next 10,000 years for standing still for 30 seconds. What a crime. Love how this infuriated you so much that you followed me around for god knows how long. Then you take the time to find me, look through all my posts and write this huge thread. Games are supposed to be fun Batman, you need to take a break  :lol:.

Btw I'm essay banned now due to the white knight in the other thread. Looks like you're no longer needed bats.
« Last Edit: October 09, 2011, 05:30:43 am by sylentknyte »