Author Topic: idea from a noob  (Read 607 times)

Offline serbal

• Peasant
  • Renown: 4
  • Infamy: 1
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
idea from a noob
« on: October 01, 2011, 08:13:48 pm »
i had some nice gear not the best one but a nice set worth 35k and i had 20k gold in pocket after like 1 hour after getting lvl 26 im down at 3k left then i read on forum and see that it normal for equipement to have to be repaired as "random" but man wtf i repair my sword like every round and it cost me 500 gold while i make arround 150/250 per round...

so i decided to do as all ppl say and go with a cheap set worth less than 10k and now i cant barely make any money either, i keep getting to repair 3-4 equipement every round making my 200 gold per round gone every time, it lame

so now im back as a peasant running arround naked and with a cheap weapon that worth 300gold and getting killed every round so my team is like having 1 player less in it and has more chance to never win, that such a great game....i just dont see the point of getting gear that you cant use when getting to lvl 26

so i think all this repair thing need a revamp, here some ideas:

lower repair rate from random to if you die you have 1 item that need repair (1 ITEM MAX) and add if you tk a teamate you get 1 item more to repair per tk

another idea that i think would be the best but that cant work since this game dont use stamina is to make "basic class item" that are unbreakable so you can play whatever class you want but with noob gear on and if you got money then you can get better gear that can be breakable,

like a basic heavy armor set would weight a lot and be unbreakable but if you choose to use it, it drain stamina when running and you walk slower, the stamina ingame would make balance better too, no more ppl with 2hs that just keep swing 2 time faster than 1hs with double range,no more ppl that run forever to avoid getting close to enemy, you choose when to attack when you see a fail in enemy defence not attack always till enemy die or till you die from getting an arrow or a backstab

stamina would require a new stat/skill attribute or make it based on atletism and the higher it is, the higher the max stamina point and higher stamina regen get

that my 2 cent, feel free to flame and insult me for my spelling error as i dont speak english as first language

Offline Wiltzu

• Sceptical
  • Duke
  • Renown: 665
  • Infamy: 231
  • cRPG Player Sir White Knight A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Kalmar Union
  • Game nicks: Kalmarin_Wiltzu
  • IRC nick: Wiltzu
Re: idea from a noob
« Reply #1 on: October 01, 2011, 08:43:21 pm »
I think the repair is now at its best =) My gear costs 40k, my armor and hammer repair is 680g and shield 450g and my boots/gloves/helmet isn't far from those either. So it's very usual for me that my repair per round is 500-1,5k so the only time when i make money is when i have x5.

I had 65k week ago i went down with 15k and today i got it recovered to 68k xD so in the long run, you don't lose money and you gain it little by little. <--- But this happens only if you have some back up money like i had my 65k (i started the gear when i had 30k so you could say that was my backup money).
When in Rome, live as the Romans do; when elsewhere, live as they live elsewhere.

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Kaikki on tasa-arvoisia. Toiset on vain tasa-arvoisempia kuin toiset.

Offline Erathsmus

• Knight
  • Renown: 36
  • Infamy: 36
  • cRPG Player
  • My w finger hurts.
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Imperium
« Reply #2 on: October 01, 2011, 10:56:10 pm »
Serbal- "like a basic heavy armor set would weight a lot and be unbreakable but if you choose to use it, it drain stamina when running and you walk slower, the stamina ingame would make balance better too, no more ppl with 2hs that just keep swing 2 time faster than 1hs with double range,no more ppl that run forever to avoid getting close to enemy, you choose when to attack when you see a fail in enemy defence not attack always till enemy die or till you die from getting an arrow or a backstab"

To be honest, I like the idea of stamina as well, but they have already tried to accomplish this by showing that weight reduces your running speed and your WPF. Also, if you are an archer, you cannot wear loads of armor because it throws off your accuracy through the wpf degradation (if that's a word).

Slow and steady wins the race...Unless there is a fast person in it.

Offline serbal

• Peasant
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 01, 2011, 11:57:49 pm »
the key word is "tried"

Offline Gisbert_of_Thuringia

• Count
  • Renown: 169
  • Infamy: 136
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Caravan Guild
  • Game nicks: Guard_Gisbert_of_Thuringia, Guard_Bernulf_of_Thuringia, Guard_Ranulf_of_Thuringia etc...
« Reply #4 on: October 02, 2011, 12:06:07 am »
Repaircosts are cool as they are atm, because the "constant tincan times" are gone.

Even I as an archer hardly make gold and that's how it should be. It's still possible to play in full plate for a long time, just farm some gold.
Don't know what you are doing wrong, but get a pilgrim outfit or something similar and your weapon and you will make money over money

Offline Bulzur

• Earl
  • Renown: 465
  • Infamy: 102
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Caravan Guild.
  • Game nicks: Guard_Bulzur
« Reply #5 on: October 02, 2011, 12:10:20 am »
Your weapon breaks every round ? What are you ? An archer with a side sword ?
Seriously, if you have over 100wpf in the weaps you're using, the beaking chance is reasonable. If you have 0 wpf though, it's bond to break more often.
[14:36] <@chadz> when you login there is a message "your life as horse archer was too depressing for you. you decided to commit suicide. please create a new char"
[19:32] <@chadz> if(dave_ukr_is_in_server) then rain_chance = 98%;

Offline serbal

• Peasant
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 02, 2011, 12:17:26 am »
i got 130 in 1hs so i dont think it the problem,

been thinking of a new idea tho, make the item able to be used for X round before it need repair and remove the random factor, that could work too i guess..