Author Topic: retiring: what's the point?  (Read 5653 times)

Offline Swahili_Zulu_Mon

• Noble
  • Renown: 11
  • Infamy: 3
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
    • Great, Mighty Shaka
  • Faction: ZULU
Re: retiring: what's the point?
« Reply #75 on: September 28, 2011, 12:38:42 am »
Mind if I ask what your ping is?

About the same as yours now (60-80 on NA). It used to be 120-150 before I changed ISPs and the change made a huge difference when i played native. Occasionally I would experience 250-350 spikes, which made the game unplayable. I see lots of players on NA above the 130 mark and it's obvious to me that people are getting easy kills against these people.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Mighty Shaka Zulu

Offline MrShine

• Ragdoll Basher
  • King
  • Renown: 1156
  • Infamy: 193
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Fear the stache
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: MrShine
« Reply #76 on: September 28, 2011, 02:37:13 am »
I have, and it is even easier then before.
^ wut he said.

E: Also just for giggles for my last 100k xp or so I decided to go without loomed items for a few rounds. 

My KD for the gen was 3.1:1.

As you can see...

(click to show/hide)
(click to show/hide)

...you can be successful with a non-heirloomed loadout and don't need to break the bank.
« Last Edit: September 28, 2011, 02:57:26 pm by MrShine »
Holy crap I have a youtube gaming channel! https://www.youtube.com/user/MrShine12345

Offline Vibe

• Vibrator
  • King
  • Renown: 2528
  • Infamy: 615
  • cRPG Player Madam White Queen A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: September 28, 2011, 07:51:43 am »
Sorry pic is small: 17 kills 6 deaths.  But oh wait is that someone with HIGH PING leading the team with 26 kills 6 deaths?  Impossible!

Yes, but as his name says, he CHEATS.

Offline Snoozer

• Baron
  • Renown: 91
  • Infamy: 58
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Faction:Knights Hospitaller
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: September 28, 2011, 11:48:45 am »
hi im gen three soon to be gen four(my loom is a balanced glaive soon to be mw) my ping is 80-120 area usually seeing how that is part of the discussion

i know how you feel man its hard,but to say i am defenseless because i am new is kind of insulting but i take no offence seeing your posts.

i do see these tin cans running around and from what i can see there one of three people top the most common bottum being the least
i have no real evidence to prove this though no doubt its around im not gonna go around trying to find evidence just believe it or dont believe your choice this is merely a deduction

1:twinks(WoW term for someone who freezes their character to take advantage over others in his tier) these my old friends are everywhere first i thought there were just veterans but the crpg player pool is too small for how many tin cans are around.these fuckers are taking advantage of the respec system just so they dont have to pay for upkeep to the point they are successful,make money, and if the character is there main save up enough to  by loomed gear(for the obvous reason they have no upkeep therefore are in the strongest armor and using the strongest weapons to make this happen).there gonna get wiped out soon enough ive heard that they might make it so once you respec you will have to pay for upkeep.i think u will believe me on this seeing how u touched on the subject

2 loom sellers: due to the fact this system is "relatively" new veterans having a sum of money collected before it,and because of twinks there is an unnatural high amount of money and demand for looms in the system thus people are able to sell loom points for (as of right now) 400k a pop they keep there expensive lifestyles going,after all they would rather be on expensive gear then have expensive gear loomed they cant use.but eventually after the twinks r eliminated, veterans money slowly reduced to the point they cant afford looms, and the fact that the eventually everyone will have more looms at there disposal and in the market flooded(it seems to me everyone has some sort of loomed weapon nowadays on the ground by their corpse)the supply will out way the demand or the demand will not afford the supply thus making the practice rather cheap.so cheap that just selling your loom will not make it to where one can afford a full plate lifestyle

3 veterans: veterans have been playing the game long before us and have reaped the benefits, is it truly fare they should not?they put in the time why should they not get the same rewards for there time as we do? should they get some sort of unrealistic penalty to help the new players catch up to them?non sense but those millions arent going to last them forever.they spend it even faster rate then we spend ours.y is that? simply because they spend HUGE amounts of gold for looms and pay HUGE amounts of money on the tin cans and plated chargers. sure some make out in the long run be trading loomed weapons but as i said above that system isnt going to last forever a couple a weeks ago they could be/sell looms for 450k and now they can only do it for 400k thats a rather large deflation if you ask me and the added cash flow of twinks will be aliminated

4the regulars:people who make there money the normal way,no looms to speak of to haggle or trade with due to patches strengthening or weakening them and no money to fall back on.whenever they wear strong weapons is either because they stacked up some money  by wearing cheap gear or they want to keep an x5

^these are the 4 main ones i can see.but like i said this "crpg economy" wont last forever.the flow will be halted in some fashion(twinks unlimited cash flow ended, the loom market plummeting,the veterans seemingly ENDLESS amount of cash being spent like there burning it). there will be an equility then call me a cynical man but it seems obvious to me it will be fixed and they will get theres in the long run.

they will reap what they sowed. and we will benefit from it

and i hope crpg will be better from it
visitors can't see pics , please register or login
Good Bye Lost Legion R.I.P Q_Q