Author Topic: Skill level bonus only past requirement?  (Read 608 times)

Offline BigRick

• Beggar
  • Renown: 0
  • Infamy: 0
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
Skill level bonus only past requirement?
« on: September 29, 2011, 12:13:13 am »
Hello, I did a search and didnt find anything relating to my question. I apologize If this is common knowledge, I gave up after ~10 minutes of searching and decided to make a thread.

from crpg wiki:

Shield
Effect: Reduces damage to shields by 8% per level, improves shield speed, and coverage from ranged attacks. Allows you to use higher tier shields, you must meet or exceed the listed difficulty of the shield you wish to use

Riding
Effect: Increases riding speed, acceleration and maneuver.
Allows you to use higher tier horses, you must meet or exceed the listed difficulty of the horse you wish to ride

I was curious... Do skills like shield, power draw/throw and riding give their respective skill bonuses "only after" the requirement threshold?

For Example, if im using a shield that requires 4 skill rating and I have 5 shield skill. Will that (req. 4) shield get an 8% or a 40% bonus?

Same thing for riding and power d/t... ?

Thanks!

Offline Digglez

• Duke
  • Renown: 573
  • Infamy: 596
  • cRPG Player
  • YOU INCOMPETENT TOH'PAH!
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Northmen
  • Game nicks: GotLander, Hamarr, Digglesan, Black_D34th
Re: Skill level bonus only past requirement?
« Reply #1 on: September 29, 2011, 12:38:27 am »
+1
All the skills give you the bonus.  However with bows, the bonus from skill points is capped at 4 ABOVE the required skill

Ie...Longbow require is 6 PD. The max PD you will benefit from is 10 PD...any higher and you get no bonus.  So if are using horn bow, 5 PD requirement, 9 PD is most you will benefit from.

I am unsure if this is the way throwing works.

Offline BigRick

• Beggar
  • Renown: 0
  • Infamy: 0
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 29, 2011, 03:23:08 am »
Thanks for clearing that up for me!

I find it strange however that it works that way. Logically, you should only get a bonus for surpassing the requirement (on anything really), but I guess its better gameplay-wise the way it works now.

Offline Digglez

• Duke
  • Renown: 573
  • Infamy: 596
  • cRPG Player
  • YOU INCOMPETENT TOH'PAH!
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Northmen
  • Game nicks: GotLander, Hamarr, Digglesan, Black_D34th
« Reply #3 on: September 29, 2011, 08:10:44 am »
Thanks for clearing that up for me!

I find it strange however that it works that way. Logically, you should only get a bonus for surpassing the requirement (on anything really), but I guess its better gameplay-wise the way it works now.

its to prevent ppl from using noob weapon and stacking PD so it does more than a high level bow

so you shortbow + 10 PD for 32dmg bow