Author Topic: The End of the Annoying Bandits a.k.a. the ABAND  (Read 1018 times)

Offline Tomas_of_Miles

• Count
  • Renown: 263
  • Infamy: 37
  • cRPG Player
  • Inactive
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Rusty mercenary siege engineer
  • Game nicks: Something with Tomas in it
The End of the Annoying Bandits a.k.a. the ABAND
« on: September 23, 2011, 05:07:03 am »
Winter in the Vaegir wastelands. Such a harsh and unforgiving climate. Perhaps exacerbated by the fact Tomas was sitting in a jail deep in the bowels of yet another hostile castle. It wasn't so bad, he told himself, allowing the slightest of smiles. He still had his loyal bandit companions. The faithful Lieutenant "Smoke" River eyed the guards shiftily as if looking for the slightest way out. Murmillus kept his head bowed low, the raging beast within quelled for the moment, probably by the less than ideal circumstances. Franky's eyes were out of focus: probably the mushrooms he had managed to hold onto before they were all thrown in the cell. The young, mysterious "Newer Wind" was unreadable, young innocent eyes to the floor, but looking somewhere far away. These were the few who remained, who were loyal to Tomas, or who had luckily been away from the camp when the soldiers came. Tomas wondered what could have happened to the others. Berenger... that pauper of a jester... he'd probably gone and betrayed them for some other Bandits or something during his self-imposed "exile". Phil was probably trying to hold together the remains of the band alone. Goodness knows what happened to Tzun Tzu and Shadowbow. With any luck Tzu would return to the camp after the fiasco was over, Tomas even entertained the image of his clueless face as the hapless shield-tank came back to an empty hideout. He hoped the best for Little Hobbit, Br0c, Momo, and the others, that they had gone on to more fortuitous paths. They'd probably end up as lone wolves in the wide world.

Suddenly, a commotion broke out upstairs, the clanging of metal and the screaming of wild combatants spilled down the stone stairway. The racket stopped. And with that, numerous footsteps pitter pattered down the stairs. The Turks had arrived to rescue the Annoying Bandits.

Several months later:

It was by some disgracefully undeserved luck that Tomas was discovered by Phil. Phil! Not just old "Clitoral Damage", but a lord, no doubt! A lord in the Kingdom of England, a small Monarchy ruled by King Killmoar the First, who had taken a shine to the privateering Phil, and actually made him a lord! He had stolen for the King, in many raids on various overseas factions, fought Armadas in vicious naval battles, and now, by some great chance, Phil had discovered Tomas, a traveller, or rather, a hobo, asleep outside ruins next to a field by a river. Tomas had survived by stealing eggs from the nearby farm, with superior looting skills. He'd always been in favour of using dexterity and many talents as opposed to brute strength.
    "Phil."
    "Tomas."
Tomas rose with a dirty grin and the two shared a manly embrace.
"I thought you were dead!"
"The Turks, Phil! The Turks rescued us! We escaped!"
"All of you?!?!"
"Me, Smoke, Murmi, Franky, Newer Wind, we escaped!"
"Well where are they now?"
Tomas's smile fell. he proceeded to tell of how the ABAND had decided to spilt up, go their separate ways. Tomas did not want to be responsible for the deaths of his comrades. Franky and Murmi both had fire coursing in their blood though, and would not give up the warrior's life. It was rumoured they had joined a feared and respected mercenary captain in his new faction. Smoke on the other hand, had given up the ghost. He had always been the second beating heart of the clan, the order to Tomas's chaos. So without the clan, he simply faded away into the horizon... like vapour. Almost as mysteriously as Newer Wind disappeared, with a brief farewell, and a tug on his long cloak. And now Phil and Tomas were gone too.

Several years later: Tomas's hand dropped in a nonchalent fashion. The unruly soldier was put to death on the spot. So much death... The Donkey God of Calradia seemed to have restarted the fire of ambition and leadership in men. All across the land, factions mobilised for war. And the Kingdom of England had to be ready too. So the King must be a strong king. A harsh and unforgiving king. And for the amount of intrigue he had undertaken to marry Lord Rhys's daughter, he surmised he was well on the way to fulfilling that end.
Professional poop cleaner

Offline LordBerenger

• King
  • Renown: 1492
  • Infamy: 859
  • cRPG Player
  • Jesus is the savior of Earth
    • View Profile
Re: The End of the Annoying Bandits a.k.a. the ABAND
« Reply #1 on: September 23, 2011, 12:03:22 pm »
How dare thy leave me out from this epic tale! I shall have your head good sire!

But in all seriousness good story :P A little bit late though =/
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Frankysan

• Baron
  • Renown: 97
  • Infamy: 50
  • cRPG Player
  • PENITENTIAGITE!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 23, 2011, 03:16:53 pm »
 :cry:

Offline Tomas_of_Miles

• Count
  • cRPG Player
  • Inactive
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 23, 2011, 06:15:21 pm »
How dare thy leave me out from this epic tale! I shall have your head good sire!

But in all seriousness good story :P A little bit late though =/
You had your mention.  :P You joker you.

Offline Murmillus_Prime

• Earl
  • Renown: 424
  • Infamy: 181
  • cRPG Player
  • Dying is gay.
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Murmillus_Prime
« Reply #4 on: September 23, 2011, 07:05:12 pm »
Fkin' epic story. :)

I deleted 99% of my steam "friends" in a non raging rage... o-O... But the journey isn't over!

Murmillus, fought for mercs but his heart did not belong with such a band... In the end Murmillus, bloody and beaten, and heavily scarred, stumbled into a room where, amongst the clutter a beacon of hope appeared, the mighty "Sturdy Deli Cap", now the spirit of victory has filled Murmillus once more, and he is no longer bitter but great!

It is said, that Murmillus can still be seen charging into battle, screaming "open the gate" donning a Deli Cap, which to some can be seen as an echo from better times, but the journey isn't over!
« Last Edit: September 23, 2011, 07:09:08 pm by Murmillus_Prime »
Dumbfuck.Fuckwit.Cuntshit.Brickfuck.

Offline Tomas_of_Miles

• Count
  • cRPG Player
  • Inactive
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 23, 2011, 08:53:33 pm »
Fkin' epic story. :)

I deleted 99% of my steam "friends" in a non raging rage... o-O... But the journey isn't over!

Murmillus, fought for mercs but his heart did not belong with such a band... In the end Murmillus, bloody and beaten, and heavily scarred, stumbled into a room where, amongst the clutter a beacon of hope appeared, the mighty "Sturdy Deli Cap", now the spirit of victory has filled Murmillus once more, and he is no longer bitter but great!

It is said, that Murmillus can still be seen charging into battle, screaming "open the gate" donning a Deli Cap, which to some can be seen as an echo from better times, but the journey isn't over!
Good to have you back, sir! :D (btw I think was among those deleted... :P)

Offline Murmillus_Prime

• Earl
  • Renown: 424
  • Infamy: 181
  • cRPG Player
  • Dying is gay.
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Murmillus_Prime
« Reply #6 on: September 23, 2011, 11:00:19 pm »
Good to have you back, sir! :D (btw I think was among those deleted... :P)

Yeah... I intended on quitting cRPG more than once so I thought I'd just delete contacts I had to cRPG so I wouldn't be lured back, but it failed. Kind of a rash decision but it's caused some bitterness amongst those I deleted.. Nothing I can do to stop that. What am I supposed to do add everyone back, with my tail between my legs, like I never had a reason for deleting them in the first place?
« Last Edit: September 23, 2011, 11:04:19 pm by Murmillus_Prime »
Dumbfuck.Fuckwit.Cuntshit.Brickfuck.

Offline Tomas_of_Miles

• Count
  • cRPG Player
  • Inactive
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 23, 2011, 11:55:45 pm »
Yeah... I intended on quitting cRPG more than once so I thought I'd just delete contacts I had to cRPG so I wouldn't be lured back, but it failed. Kind of a rash decision but it's caused some bitterness amongst those I deleted.. Nothing I can do to stop that. What am I supposed to do add everyone back, with my tail between my legs, like I never had a reason for deleting them in the first place?
Understandably really, it's only in a situation like this that you can explain it. If you're gonna quit, do it right I guess.

Offline Momo

• Baron
  • Renown: 141
  • Infamy: 170
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: _Momo_
  • IRC nick: Momo
« Reply #8 on: September 24, 2011, 12:03:54 am »
Nice story. I really became a lone wolf, and never had any clan after ABAND splitted.
I was the first one who started -1-ing everyone, now everyone does it to everyone.

Offline LordBerenger

• King
  • Renown: 1492
  • Infamy: 859
  • cRPG Player
  • Jesus is the savior of Earth
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 25, 2011, 06:16:46 pm »
You had your mention.  :P You joker you.

I am blind o.o

ABAND RETURN WITHOUT SMOKE RIVER GOGO!