Poll

[STATS]Longbow from 30 to 31 damage

Yes
4 (36.4%)
No
7 (63.6%)

Total Members Voted: 11

Author Topic: [STATS]Longbow from 30 to 31 damage  (Read 614 times)

Offline marco1391

• Noble
  • Renown: 18
  • Infamy: 11
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Legio_Marco1691
[STATS]Longbow from 30 to 31 damage
« on: October 01, 2011, 11:35:37 pm »
We know that atm the archery situation is clear: the rus bow is outshining the long bow, that with -9 speed for +2 damage and +1 missile speed can't really compete.
59 to 50 means +18%shots fired over the longbow(and damage output), while 30 to 28 means +7%damage, so the rus bow is able to have a better damage output over time(about 10% overall more than the longbow)and also be able to "scan"(don't know if this is the correct word)the shots more easily, fundamental when chased.

31 to 28 would mean +11% damage output compared to the +18% shots fired(that can also be counted as damage multiplier), that would make both bow pretty balanced

The proposal is obviously to restore the old differences we had on the very old crpg when the rus bow was 27 and the long bow 30 pierce(but with the way higher average wpf, about 200, and where archers could wield flamberges and sword of cookies/tears, so the 1 more average damage is undoubtedly compensated)
I found that when we had that difference(3 damage)the two bows were well balanced and we had about the same amount of longbows and warbows(maybe a bit more of warbows, but anyway balanced)

Offline Gurnisson

• King
  • Renown: 1750
  • Infamy: 362
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Nordmen
  • Game nicks: SeaRaider_Gurnisson
Re: [STATS]Longbow from 30 to 31 damage
« Reply #1 on: October 01, 2011, 11:51:28 pm »
+1
Buff long bow? Rather nerf horn bow and rus bow. Bows are way too good as it is already.
I voted Gurnisson cause of his fucking bendy pike, I swear noone can roflcopter stab like he can.

Offline Gisbert_of_Thuringia

• Count
  • Renown: 169
  • Infamy: 136
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Caravan Guild
  • Game nicks: Guard_Gisbert_of_Thuringia, Guard_Bernulf_of_Thuringia, Guard_Ranulf_of_Thuringia etc...
« Reply #2 on: October 01, 2011, 11:54:12 pm »
Buff long bow? Rather nerf horn bow and rus bow. Bows are way too good as it is already.

Honestly I have to agree with that.

The only thing that should be buffed about the longbow is that is gets +1 or +2 speed so the stupid delay is gone.
Atm it's just shit, because you can't shoot at the perfect moment where your reticule is smallest. This delay is very annoying and that's the only thing that should be patched about the longbow.
And yes, I know what I'm talking about as I've been using a longbow for a very long time now. (Even before the first speedbuff came)

Offline Gurnisson

• King
  • Renown: 1750
  • Infamy: 362
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Nordmen
  • Game nicks: SeaRaider_Gurnisson
« Reply #3 on: October 01, 2011, 11:56:55 pm »
The only thing that should be buffed about the longbow is that is gets +1 or +2 speed so the stupid delay is gone.

Can't do anything but agree. Those delays are ridiculous, and shouldn't be there.
I voted Gurnisson cause of his fucking bendy pike, I swear noone can roflcopter stab like he can.

Offline Bulzur

• Earl
  • Renown: 465
  • Infamy: 102
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Caravan Guild.
  • Game nicks: Guard_Bulzur
« Reply #4 on: October 02, 2011, 12:08:47 am »

Agreed.
[14:36] <@chadz> when you login there is a message "your life as horse archer was too depressing for you. you decided to commit suicide. please create a new char"
[19:32] <@chadz> if(dave_ukr_is_in_server) then rain_chance = 98%;

Offline Gisbert_of_Thuringia

• Count
  • Renown: 169
  • Infamy: 136
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Caravan Guild
  • Game nicks: Guard_Gisbert_of_Thuringia, Guard_Bernulf_of_Thuringia, Guard_Ranulf_of_Thuringia etc...
« Reply #5 on: October 02, 2011, 12:35:02 am »
Oh, I've seen that I should have changed something about my post:

I agree that bows don't need a buff in general and that rus/ horn bow rather be nerfed, but I totall disagree with "bows are way too...." ^^

Offline FRANK_THE_TANK

• King
  • Renown: 1312
  • Infamy: 339
  • cRPG Player Sir White Knight
  • FluckCucker
    • View Profile
  • Faction: A Free and proud Peasant of Fisdnar!!!
  • Game nicks: FRANK_THE_TANK
  • IRC nick: Sippy sip
« Reply #6 on: October 02, 2011, 05:38:43 am »
+1 to the reticle thing, its pain in the proverbial. Watching accuracy leak away, girrr.
Fammi un pompino!

I think I have ball cancer in my right nut :(
Good news everybody! It's not nut cancer :)
Bad news everybody, I got dumped :(