Author Topic: Reward for winning the map  (Read 860 times)

Offline Have_At_Thee

• Noble
  • Renown: 20
  • Infamy: 1
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
Reward for winning the map
« on: September 25, 2011, 11:34:00 pm »
+7
I've been giving enough thought to this latelty to lead me to post here.  A bonus to the team that wins the map in my view would add a fun new flavor to the game and make those 4 all maps alot more suspenseful.  Somethng along the lines of 10k exp and 1k gold as a reward token maybe that would encourage teamwork even more.

Waiting for you guys to rip this apart.
« Last Edit: September 26, 2011, 12:10:43 am by Have_At_Thee »

Offline Tzar

• Marshall
  • Renown: 996
  • Infamy: 564
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Byzantium
  • Game nicks: Byzantium_TzarOfRushYa
  • IRC nick: TZAR
Re: Reward for winning the map
« Reply #1 on: September 25, 2011, 11:41:04 pm »
+1

This sounds like a brilliant idea man.

You could have gone into more detail but i get the point and your right this would add alot more teamwork without a doubt.  :wink:

EDIT: Camping could get a problem tho... but thats why we have the flags.... guess they would have to spawn sooner to prevent stupid long drawn out matches. 

« Last Edit: September 25, 2011, 11:46:32 pm by Tzar »
I've never played a server where people split up as much or as often as on EU1.  No wonder range is having a field day.

Offline Leshma

• Kickstarter Addict
  • King
  • Renown: 1022
  • Infamy: 1986
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • VOTE 2024
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 25, 2011, 11:50:32 pm »
I like this idea. Currently apart from keeping multiplayer winning maps means very little.

Offline Have_At_Thee

• Noble
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 25, 2011, 11:56:58 pm »
+1

This sounds like a brilliant idea man.

You could have gone into more detail but i get the point and your right this would add alot more teamwork without a doubt.  :wink:

EDIT: Camping could get a problem tho... but thats why we have the flags.... guess they would have to spawn sooner to prevent stupid long drawn out matches.

This is true.  This may require some experimenting with the flag spawn times after last kill or flags spawning at the 1 min mark every round.  If thhe latter were the case though I would like to see the round timer increased by a min or two.

Offline Nessaj

• King
  • Renown: 1399
  • Infamy: 176
  • cRPG Player Madam Black Queen A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • ▃ ▅ ▅ ▅ ▄ ▅ ▇ ▅ ▄ ▅ ▇
    • View Profile
    • Vanguard
  • Faction: Vanguard
  • Game nicks: Vanguard_Cooties
  • IRC nick: Nessaj
« Reply #4 on: September 26, 2011, 12:05:12 am »
The idea isn't bad but auto team balance would be the most hated feature then :).
It could count wins instead, would need 5 per map to be applicable for the bonus, could work.
Regarding matches dragging out, if the map ends in a draw - or plays the full map change time - no one gets a bonus.

It'd be best if Auto Team Balance was absolute in terms of mixing up the teams though, e.g. never splitting up banners of more than X (3/4), thus always swapping people playing alone or with faction banner first. This could be abused to fill a whole team using the same banner of course but just make an abooze rule and BAN.

That way people playing together while on voice comm, possibly practicing, wouldn't be split up, because it's really demoralizing for team-play, especially when the person actually leading is suddenly swapped.

Obviously all the banner stuff could (and most likely would) rise a few new issues, such as people freely using whatever banner they want, it could fubar the balance sometimes, but hard to speculate about without seeing it in beta action shortly.
Things don't exist simply because you believe in them, thus sayeth the almighty creature in the sky!

Offline Lichen

• Count
  • Renown: 184
  • Infamy: 79
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 26, 2011, 02:27:10 am »
The losers will feel 'left out'. What if they cry?
« Last Edit: September 26, 2011, 02:28:40 am by Lichen »

Offline Erathsmus

• Knight
  • Renown: 36
  • Infamy: 36
  • cRPG Player
  • My w finger hurts.
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Imperium
« Reply #6 on: September 26, 2011, 02:51:43 am »
+1
The losers will feel 'left out'. What if they cry?

chadz will be pleased.
Slow and steady wins the race...Unless there is a fast person in it.

Offline Zekerage

• Knight
  • Renown: 55
  • Infamy: 9
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: ZyloRage
« Reply #7 on: September 26, 2011, 03:10:24 am »
This is a game mode/change that I suggested a while ago that never really picked up. I'd still like to see this implemented, but regarding this post, I think it'd be a very nice way to deal with the "flag spawn" issue that was brought up to ascertain a definitive winner of the round.

Offline Vibe

• Vibrator
  • King
  • Renown: 2528
  • Infamy: 615
  • cRPG Player Madam White Queen A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 26, 2011, 08:02:21 am »
Anything that gives us more xp :D

Offline Snoozer

• Baron
  • Renown: 91
  • Infamy: 58
  • Faction:Knights Hospitaller
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 26, 2011, 08:23:08 am »
Anything that gives us more xp :D

i think he means replacing the current system for this "winner get all" system.,and honestly i dont care about the QQ that will be sowed from this IT MUST PASS.

i think it would cut down the derp population that fucks the game up (they know who they are)

but it should b at the end of the round not the game though due to team balance
visitors can't see pics , please register or login
Good Bye Lost Legion R.I.P Q_Q

Offline Vibe

• Vibrator
  • King
  • Renown: 2528
  • Infamy: 615
  • cRPG Player Madam White Queen A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 26, 2011, 08:26:28 am »
i think he means replacing the current system for this "winner get all" system.,and honestly i dont care about the QQ that will be sowed from this IT MUST PASS.

Eh? I didn't notice that in his post. I think he wants to add an extra reward for the winners.

Offline Have_At_Thee

• Noble
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 26, 2011, 10:40:56 am »
The idea isn't bad but auto team balance would be the most hated feature then :).
It could count wins instead, would need 5 per map to be applicable for the bonus, could work.
Regarding matches dragging out, if the map ends in a draw - or plays the full map change time - no one gets a bonus.

It'd be best if Auto Team Balance was absolute in terms of mixing up the teams though, e.g. never splitting up banners of more than X (3/4), thus always swapping people playing alone or with faction banner first. This could be abused to fill a whole team using the same banner of course but just make an abooze rule and BAN.

That way people playing together while on voice comm, possibly practicing, wouldn't be split up, because it's really demoralizing for team-play, especially when the person actually leading is suddenly swapped.

Obviously all the banner stuff could (and most likely would) rise a few new issues, such as people freely using whatever banner they want, it could fubar the balance sometimes, but hard to speculate about without seeing it in beta action shortly.

What about everyone gets a proportionate reward at the end of the map for every round won but they only actually receive it if the team they are on or were on (in the case that they were auto balanced) win the map.  For example if someone was switched from the winning team after the first 2 rounds and only went on to win one more round while he was on the team he was switched to then he would get 2/5 of the total reward the team that wins the map gets.  this way they have only their team to blame and not the system. 

I don't think there is much that can be done against clan stacking but I don't often see a dozen members of the same clan on EU1, as you say this is when it would become a problem.  Anyway the reward would only work out at aboiut 10% of what they had gained through the course of the map.  And as I said, this should only be a token to say well done.. not anything big enough to rage over.

Offline Bulzur

• Earl
  • Renown: 465
  • Infamy: 102
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Caravan Guild.
  • Game nicks: Guard_Bulzur
« Reply #12 on: September 26, 2011, 03:17:58 pm »
So... you loose 4 rounds, win 4 rounds after fantastic teamwork (you telling them where to put the ladder, etc...), then get switched cause of autobalance, and loose the next one. Not only did you loose your x5, but you also get trolled by your teammates in your previous team, who not only keep the x5, but also get a 10min of x1 free boost.

Humm... NO.
The xp and gold gain is already "enough", no need to add other rewards. There's nothing more rewarding than winning a round and getting a higher multiplier, or keeping the x5. Adding a new feature based on "LUCK" (aka autobalance) will be worse.

Reward for winning a map : starting the next one with, at least, a x2.
[14:36] <@chadz> when you login there is a message "your life as horse archer was too depressing for you. you decided to commit suicide. please create a new char"
[19:32] <@chadz> if(dave_ukr_is_in_server) then rain_chance = 98%;