Author Topic: Can someone clarify something about PT/wpf please?  (Read 3404 times)

Offline Crob28

• Count
  • Renown: 247
  • Infamy: 31
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
Re: Can someone clarify something about PT/wpf please?
« Reply #15 on: October 02, 2011, 02:40:31 pm »
yea thats correct, i found that out to my annoyance the other day, i had 4pt but i wasnt able to use aby 4 pt items with tmthe gear I had, and the ones I did use had the power of 3pt behind them, not 4...  :?

Offline Bashere

• Noble
  • Renown: 10
  • Infamy: 0
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Lyrical_Genius
« Reply #16 on: October 02, 2011, 03:04:09 pm »
super lame, thx for the info though

Offline Brutal

• Baron
  • Renown: 91
  • Infamy: 24
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Pecores_Brutal_le chacal Cold_stone Bazooka
« Reply #17 on: October 02, 2011, 05:30:26 pm »
Wait lemme get this straight. So if I have pt 7 and wear armor that says my wpf is too low when i log in but it is still high enough for me to use heavy axes, i am only doing damage as a pt 5-6 or whatever it is lowered to? My pt 7 is not being utilized fully?
It sure would be nice if there was some sort of list with all the key formula used for requirement and such instead of letting people fail and fail again at making their build.
It's really not a new player friendly environment.
It would take what 30 mn of dev time to copy paste the essential on a pinned thread ?

Thank gods some player take to time to test and come out with fomula's for wpf curves armor wpf reduction etc but even with those you can have some surprise like helmet is not really counted as X3 for calculating wpf requirement and others...
there is alway some part of mystery. 

Offline Tears of Destiny

• Naive
  • King
  • Renown: 1847
  • Infamy: 870
  • Quiet drifting through shallow waters. 死のび
    • View Profile
    • NADS
  • Faction: Black Company
  • IRC nick: Tears
« Reply #18 on: October 02, 2011, 06:08:02 pm »
Yes.
I'm not normal and I don't pretend so, my approach is pretty much a bomb crescendo.
Death is a fun way to pass the time though, several little bullets moving in staccato.
The terror of my reign will live on in infamy, singing when they die like a dead man's symphony.

Offline Slamz

• Earl
  • Renown: 386
  • Infamy: 112
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Norse Horde
  • Game nicks: NH_Slamz
« Reply #19 on: October 03, 2011, 02:30:43 am »
Devs have basically said the formulas are too complicated to post.

The player formulas often don't work.  They were all way off for my build and armor set.  I suspect it's actually a set of numerous formulas, for different tiers of wpf.

Your best bet is to work up the biggest armor suit you want to wear and then spend points in weapon master and throwing until it fits, then go from there.
« Last Edit: October 03, 2011, 02:57:00 am by Slamz »
Crush your enemies; see them driven before you; hear the lamentations of their women.
Norse Horde

Offline Tears of Destiny

• Naive
  • King
    • View Profile
    • NADS
« Reply #20 on: October 03, 2011, 02:34:01 am »
Devs have basically said the formulas are too complicated to post.

I call bullshit.

For FPGAs your VHDL can have over ten pages just for one equation and people still decipher that with their own eyes.

You can post the formulas and others can tear them apart, maybe even write a short calculator for all of the variables, and BAM.
I'm not normal and I don't pretend so, my approach is pretty much a bomb crescendo.
Death is a fun way to pass the time though, several little bullets moving in staccato.
The terror of my reign will live on in infamy, singing when they die like a dead man's symphony.

Offline Slamz

• Earl
  • Renown: 386
  • Infamy: 112
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Norse Horde
  • Game nicks: NH_Slamz
« Reply #21 on: October 03, 2011, 03:23:47 am »
http://forum.c-rpg.net/index.php/topic,16459.msg234631.html

Here's what the devs actually said:
It's rocket science and a very, very ugly formular. Posting it would be against chadz' doctrin of no transparency.
Crush your enemies; see them driven before you; hear the lamentations of their women.
Norse Horde

Offline Tears of Destiny

• Naive
  • King
    • View Profile
    • NADS
« Reply #22 on: October 03, 2011, 03:34:17 am »
That is more believable.

Offline Crob28

• Count
  • Renown: 247
  • Infamy: 31
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: October 03, 2011, 03:34:33 am »
+1
well whatever was said about it needing 14ish  wpf per PT was true, coupled with the effective wpf from armor thing i was able to work out (ish) how much wpf i would need with the gear i was wearing at the time, like i had effective wpf for 3pt in the gear i was wearing but downgrading my polished gaunlets to mail gaunlets (0.8 weight diff, so 1.6 with the hand armor counting x2) meant i had 4pt instead...

but then i got annoyed at the whole thing and respecced throwing out altogether  :lol: