Author Topic: Power Throw and Damage Increase  (Read 1044 times)

Offline ZigZag

• Noble
  • Renown: 16
  • Infamy: 46
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
Power Throw and Damage Increase
« on: September 19, 2011, 10:02:42 pm »
I had a question, on the C-RPG website stats wiki it shows that each point into Power Throw adds +10% damage.. however it fails to mention that it must pass the requirement in order to get this bonus damage. So does it mean that lets say.. a Jard which has a requirement of 5, will also do +50% damage on top of it's regular damage? Since each PT is +10% bonus....?

Offline Paul

• Developer
  • Renown: 1879
  • Infamy: 442
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • ball bounce boss
    • View Profile
  • IRC nick: Urist
Re: Power Throw and Damage Increase
« Reply #1 on: September 19, 2011, 10:21:50 pm »
+1
Throwing stuff difficulty has no effect on damage. You get extra damage(10%) for each point in PT. So 5 PT means +50% to raw damage, no matter if jarid or stone.

Offline ZigZag

• Noble
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 19, 2011, 10:30:36 pm »
Ah alright, thanks for clearing that up for me. Same goes for Power Strike I presume, been using Archery for too long, I'm used to thinking I need to pass a certain difficulty in order to get bonus damage. That adds a whole different way of looking at things, instead of seeing Jards as 40 damage, look at them as 60 dmg base damage, and higher if you wish to add more points into PT.

Offline Cyclopsided

• Duke
  • Renown: 513
  • Infamy: 51
  • Formerly "Marathon". #sluttiestAdmin
    • View Profile
  • Faction: CHAOS
  • Game nicks: Cyclopsided_of_Chaos, CYBD, Brunchlady
  • IRC nick: Cyclopsided
« Reply #3 on: September 19, 2011, 10:55:16 pm »
Ah alright, thanks for clearing that up for me. Same goes for Power Strike I presume, been using Archery for too long, I'm used to thinking I need to pass a certain difficulty in order to get bonus damage. That adds a whole different way of looking at things, instead of seeing Jards as 40 damage, look at them as 60 dmg base damage, and higher if you wish to add more points into PT.
Nope, works the same for archery. You get the bonus damage for each level of PD. Not just for the levels over requirement.
The way archery works is that is has a LIMIT of 4 PD over the requirement of the bow. Anything over 4+ will not have damage benefits.
example: Horn bow requirement 5, 24 cut
 5 PD horn bow has 5*14% = +70% more dmg
 9 PD horn bow has 9*14% = 126% more dmg
10 PD horn bow has 9*14% = 126% more dmg. It does not get the benefit of any more PD since it has a limit of 4 over requirement.
Also, I have declared myself #1 NA hybrid thrower
Formerly known as Marathon.
As an NA admin, I am the most laid back and concerned with the ~fun of the game~ above all other factors. I've also been super inactive since Summer 2012. University takes most of my time, but I still find some time to play when i can.

Offline ZigZag

• Noble
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 19, 2011, 11:17:22 pm »
Really... if that's true then I was misinformed in the past. That means the longbow does almost the same damage as an Arbalest... never knew.

Offline Cyclopsided

• Duke
  • Renown: 513
  • Infamy: 51
  • Formerly "Marathon". #sluttiestAdmin
    • View Profile
  • Faction: CHAOS
  • Game nicks: Cyclopsided_of_Chaos, CYBD, Brunchlady
  • IRC nick: Cyclopsided
« Reply #5 on: September 19, 2011, 11:21:01 pm »
Really... if that's true then I was misinformed in the past. That means the longbow does almost the same damage as an Arbalest... never knew.
Yep. Ever been shot by a masterwork longbow by someone with 9 PD? Hurts.
Also, much higher dps.
Also, I have declared myself #1 NA hybrid thrower
Formerly known as Marathon.
As an NA admin, I am the most laid back and concerned with the ~fun of the game~ above all other factors. I've also been super inactive since Summer 2012. University takes most of my time, but I still find some time to play when i can.

Offline Jarlek

• King
  • Renown: 1173
  • Infamy: 307
  • cRPG Player Sir White Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • The walking wiki
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Jarlek_The_Blue, Jarla, Jarlen, Jarler, Jarlec, Jarled OH GOD ALL THESE ALTS
  • IRC nick: Jarlek
« Reply #6 on: September 20, 2011, 01:04:29 am »
Yep. Ever been shot by a masterwork longbow by someone with 9 PD? Hurts.
Also, much higher dps.
And still they complain about not doing enough damage...
This game isn't about being skillful as much as its about saying things in general chat that enrage people who then go to murder you but in their rage they make dumb mistakes which gets them killed.
In memory of Jarlek_zeh_Blue, ruler of Ilvia