Author Topic: Crashing to Desktop  (Read 700 times)

Offline TheAllen

• Beggar
  • Renown: 0
  • Infamy: 0
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
Crashing to Desktop
« on: September 17, 2011, 10:23:16 pm »
Ive been having this problem for a while now and just kinda lived with it but its gotten to the point where I would really like to fix it.  Leveling to 31 is really difficult when your game crashes every 15 mins.

The problem is that when I increase my graphics to directx 9 and pump up AA and other graphic options the game crashes.  I can enter the game, maybe play for a few seconds but then it starts to "screenshot" or freeze frame a lot until it finally just CTDs. 

When I lower my graphics all the way it eliminates the freeze framing and the crashes only happen when the server is switching to another map.

Ive tested this on Native and it doesnt happen, its only on Crpg and I started noticing it right after the huge .200 patch.

My computer specs:
Windows 7
Intel(R) Core(TM)2 Quad CPU @ 2.40Ghz
8 gigs of RAM, DDR2
NVIDIA GeForce GTX260

Any Ideas?  Ive already updated my drivers and done a full reinstall of the game and Crpg.

Offline Shafol

• Peasant
  • Renown: 2
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Achlam-monttu 31b
  • Game nicks: Shafoll
Re: Crashing to Desktop
« Reply #1 on: September 18, 2011, 07:34:39 am »
do you get any error message? And crash between map change is somewhat common but i never had it.

(if you get c++ runtime error it can be fixed by updating your c++ runtime thingy from Microsoft page)

Offline TheAllen

• Beggar
  • Renown: 0
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 18, 2011, 07:47:41 pm »
Yea its the C++ runtime error.. shoulda mentioned that.

Ill let you know how it works.

*EDIT*

No dice, still crashing during the game and on map changes.  It is infact the runtime error however.

When you say C++ runtime thingy what do you mean exactly?  I reinstalled that redistributable package they have on there.
« Last Edit: September 18, 2011, 10:45:46 pm by TheAllen »

Offline Shafol

• Peasant
  • Renown: 2
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Achlam-monttu 31b
  • Game nicks: Shafoll
« Reply #3 on: September 19, 2011, 06:56:40 pm »
can you get me a screen shot from that error message?