Author Topic: Range looms  (Read 1735 times)

Offline Kafein

• King
  • Renown: 2203
  • Infamy: 808
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
Re: Range looms
« Reply #15 on: September 18, 2011, 06:24:03 pm »
Someone has negative IQ here.

I totally agree with OP.

Offline Senni__Ti

• Earl
  • Renown: 472
  • Infamy: 23
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Knight A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Senni_Ti
  • IRC nick: Senni
« Reply #16 on: September 18, 2011, 06:32:44 pm »
This I would agree to. I am just sick of the constant blanket nerfs, so a blanket buff once a year would be nice.

Though honestly if it were up to me, arrow heirlooms would never increase damage, and just quiver size, so that loomed archery is not more damaging then melee looms. Iwould keep the bows the same though.
^
This is something I also thought of :P. Also just to make it clear, my intention was never to nerf archery, I just wanted to even out archery a bit so that people without looms aren't rediculously weak in comparison.

Higher damage on range weapons make them less accurate, depending on the accuracy part. If so, removing the accuracy bonus would mean that bows would get less accurate for each tier of heirloom. Accuracy increase is just to balance out decreased accuracy of increased damage, iirc, which then means that only damage bonus and missile speed counts when heirlooming.

The stats I posted for each loom was literally guess work and just something to get the ball rolling, if accuracy is decreased as damage is increased then the last loom would probably should have 103 accuracy(+1 over the last loom) :P.

Offline Gisbert_of_Thuringia

• Count
  • Renown: 169
  • Infamy: 136
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Caravan Guild
  • Game nicks: Guard_Gisbert_of_Thuringia, Guard_Bernulf_of_Thuringia, Guard_Ranulf_of_Thuringia etc...
« Reply #17 on: September 18, 2011, 07:02:05 pm »
I agree with OP and Dezilagel.

Buff non-loomed archer gear, and reduce the looming bonuses.

Basically fully loomed archers would stay as they are

Doens't make much sense does it?

When you reduce the loombonus fully loomed archers wouldn't stay as they are :/

Offline Jarlek

• King
  • Renown: 1173
  • Infamy: 307
  • cRPG Player Sir White Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • The walking wiki
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Jarlek_The_Blue, Jarla, Jarlen, Jarler, Jarlec, Jarled OH GOD ALL THESE ALTS
  • IRC nick: Jarlek
« Reply #18 on: September 18, 2011, 07:17:55 pm »
+1

Since you obviously can't figure it out yourself, I'm gonna do it for you.

For simplicity let's only talk about damage. The bow is made up but the loom bonus is right.

CURRENT LOOM BOOST:

Base imagined-bow 20 damage.
MW bow gives +3 damage.
MW quiver gives +2.

Unloomed archer does 20 damage.
Fully loomed does 25 damage.

SUGGESTED CHANGE:

Bows in general are boosted.
Loom's are nerfed.

Base imagined-bow damage 22.
MW Bow gives +2.
MW quiver gives +1 (but bigger amount of arrows, but we are only looking at damage here).

Unloomed archer does 22 damage.
Fully loomed archer does 25.

NOW READ THIS MOTHERFUCKING WRAP UP, OK?!?!?
UNLOOOMED archers go from 20 to 22 damage.
FULLY LOOMED archers stay at 25 damage at both.

FULLY LOOMED ARCHERS stay as they bare.
UNLOOMED archers get a boost so that the difference between them is less.

So when you say:

Then I say "YOU ARE AN IDIOT!"

Seriously, it ain't that fucking hard!
This game isn't about being skillful as much as its about saying things in general chat that enrage people who then go to murder you but in their rage they make dumb mistakes which gets them killed.
In memory of Jarlek_zeh_Blue, ruler of Ilvia

Offline Bulzur

• Earl
  • Renown: 465
  • Infamy: 102
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Caravan Guild.
  • Game nicks: Guard_Bulzur
« Reply #19 on: September 18, 2011, 07:58:45 pm »
JArlek is MAD. :lol:

(click to show/hide)

I agree with OP. Archery, at the moment, is only viable if you have heirloomed your bow. (then if you heirloom your arrows, it starts getting interesting for thoses 7-8 PD archers out there. (as a 5 PD archer, with once-heirloomed normal arrows, i don't do that much damage at all)
Arrows seems fine at the moment. It's just frustrating to see the lowest arrows weighting so much more than the best ones. Who cares about realism, balance would want archers to be slower with the best arrows thant with the worst. :S
[14:36] <@chadz> when you login there is a message "your life as horse archer was too depressing for you. you decided to commit suicide. please create a new char"
[19:32] <@chadz> if(dave_ukr_is_in_server) then rain_chance = 98%;

Offline marco1391

• Noble
  • Renown: 18
  • Infamy: 11
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Legio_Marco1691
« Reply #20 on: September 18, 2011, 08:17:06 pm »
You are forgetting that while melee players can look up to have an huge bonus by gauntlets, armor and weapon (+14 armor and +~7/10% weapon damage + 1 weapon speed)archers can loom their arrows and their bow to have a good damage bonus(let's calculate that for the rus bow, +5damage over 34 base(tatar)=~13%damage bonus + a close to useless accuracy bonus of 2 and a decent gain in missile speed) while adding 7 armor(or 4 for most light weight armors)will not really change anything for archers since when you get into melee you are usually screwed anyway

I'd say that a full loomed melee player has a way higher bonus over his base gear than a full loomed archer

The real problem are full loomed crossbowers, they can get +13 damage, more bolts,more accuracy, more missile speed(and if it was for this I would say it is ok)but they can also fully benefit from the +14 armor and they can be extremely viable with a mw langes messer(that in 2h mode deals 38 cut and 27 pierce while being super fast)
« Last Edit: September 18, 2011, 08:19:53 pm by marco1391 »

Offline Jarlek

• King
  • Renown: 1173
  • Infamy: 307
  • cRPG Player Sir White Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • The walking wiki
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Jarlek_The_Blue, Jarla, Jarlen, Jarler, Jarlec, Jarled OH GOD ALL THESE ALTS
  • IRC nick: Jarlek
« Reply #21 on: September 18, 2011, 08:18:00 pm »
JArlek is MAD. :lol:

(click to show/hide)

I agree with OP. Archery, at the moment, is only viable if you have heirloomed your bow. (then if you heirloom your arrows, it starts getting interesting for thoses 7-8 PD archers out there. (as a 5 PD archer, with once-heirloomed normal arrows, i don't do that much damage at all)
Arrows seems fine at the moment. It's just frustrating to see the lowest arrows weighting so much more than the best ones. Who cares about realism, balance would want archers to be slower with the best arrows thant with the worst. :S
I always mad about people that can't read and then rages at everyone because of how dumb he is.
This game isn't about being skillful as much as its about saying things in general chat that enrage people who then go to murder you but in their rage they make dumb mistakes which gets them killed.
In memory of Jarlek_zeh_Blue, ruler of Ilvia

Offline Lichen

• Count
  • Renown: 184
  • Infamy: 79
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: September 18, 2011, 08:43:48 pm »
FULLY LOOMED ARCHERS stay as they bare.
UNLOOMED archers get a boost so that the difference between them is less.
If you think the whining is bad now wait till regular archers do more damage. I'm pretty sure that would only increase the crying not decrease it.
« Last Edit: September 18, 2011, 08:47:23 pm by Lichen »

Offline Kafein

• King
  • Renown: 2203
  • Infamy: 808
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: September 18, 2011, 08:50:46 pm »
You are forgetting that while melee players can look up to have an huge bonus by gauntlets, armor and weapon (+14 armor and +~7/10% weapon damage + 1 weapon speed)archers can loom their arrows and their bow to have a good damage bonus(let's calculate that for the rus bow, +5damage over 34 base(tatar)=~13%damage bonus + a close to useless accuracy bonus of 2 and a decent gain in missile speed) while adding 7 armor(or 4 for most light weight armors)will not really change anything for archers since when you get into melee you are usually screwed anyway

I'd say that a full loomed melee player has a way higher bonus over his base gear than a full loomed archer

The real problem are full loomed crossbowers, they can get +13 damage, more bolts,more accuracy, more missile speed(and if it was for this I would say it is ok)but they can also fully benefit from the +14 armor and they can be extremely viable with a mw langes messer(that in 2h mode deals 38 cut and 27 pierce while being super fast)

Even if we only take damage into account, the difference is enormous :

Give 6 heirloom points to an archer. He gets a +3 bow and +3 arrows, for a net 5 raw damage increase, and in reality much more considering most archers have 5-6 PD and more, and each point gives +14% dmg. At 6 PD that means +9,2 damage.

Give 6 heirloom points to a melee. He gets +3 weapon and +3 armor. The +3 weapon gives +2 raw damage. Most melee have 5-6 PS and more, and each point only gives +8% damage. At 6 PS that means +2,96 damage. The armor heirloom gives 7 armor points. Most melee have roughly 60 HP. All in all, 7 more armor will not save your life very often. It's still a great choice as heirloom for melee, but not even close to the effectiveness of bow looms.

Offline Bulzur

• Earl
  • Renown: 465
  • Infamy: 102
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Caravan Guild.
  • Game nicks: Guard_Bulzur
« Reply #24 on: September 18, 2011, 10:02:08 pm »
7 more body armor with the main armor + 7 more body armor with the gloves = 14 more body armor. And that's HUGE !

Yes, bow heirlooms are too strong.
Yes, archery is crappy with no heirloom.
Yes, armor heirlooms are too strong.
No, armor are not crappy without heirlooms.
[14:36] <@chadz> when you login there is a message "your life as horse archer was too depressing for you. you decided to commit suicide. please create a new char"
[19:32] <@chadz> if(dave_ukr_is_in_server) then rain_chance = 98%;

Offline Senni__Ti

• Earl
  • Renown: 472
  • Infamy: 23
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Knight A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Senni_Ti
  • IRC nick: Senni
« Reply #25 on: September 18, 2011, 11:18:56 pm »