Author Topic: Upkeep -Balance for low population servers  (Read 496 times)

Offline Fatwalrus

• Noble
  • Renown: 11
  • Infamy: 1
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
Upkeep -Balance for low population servers
« on: September 19, 2011, 08:50:38 pm »
Money Down = % chance at the end of the round as upkeep
Money up = Ticks over time during a round.

The problem is that with 10-15 people a team, the rounds are really really short.
So you dont get many "money up" ticks and you get lots of "% upkeep" chances (not to mention x5 multiplier doesnt last as long)

Would it be possible to make the upkeep chance occur at the same time as the money/exp ticks?
e.g. something like "every money tick increases your chance of getting upkeep by 2%"

So if a round goes really long, you might have 10 exp ticks = 20% chance of upkeep at the end of the round.
If a round is really short, then you might only have a 6% chance of upkeep.

Something like that so the upkeep doesn't change overall based on the average length of time for a map but it would make a huge difference to low pop servers.
I have to join NA for a couple of hours just so I can afford my real gear on the oceanic server.

[edit: I understand people shouldn't wear the top tier gear all the time, but I have trouble maintaining light armour (30ish) a 5k weap and a standard xbow.]
« Last Edit: September 19, 2011, 09:27:26 pm by Fatwalrus »

Offline Jarlek

• King
  • Renown: 1173
  • Infamy: 307
  • cRPG Player Sir White Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • The walking wiki
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Jarlek_The_Blue, Jarla, Jarlen, Jarler, Jarlec, Jarled OH GOD ALL THESE ALTS
  • IRC nick: Jarlek
Re: Upkeep -Balance for low population servers
« Reply #1 on: September 19, 2011, 09:10:39 pm »
Breakage chance already is per tick, I believe. Can't remember where they said it, but it's probably around somewhere.
This game isn't about being skillful as much as its about saying things in general chat that enrage people who then go to murder you but in their rage they make dumb mistakes which gets them killed.
In memory of Jarlek_zeh_Blue, ruler of Ilvia

Offline oprah_winfrey

• Marshall
  • Renown: 808
  • Infamy: 196
  • cRPG Player
  • Now look under your seat...
    • View Profile
  • Faction: JABONRA
  • Game nicks: Egan
« Reply #2 on: September 19, 2011, 09:33:17 pm »
As far as I am aware the chance of repair increases per tick.

What I have a problem with, is when there is less then 8 people, and you will not get a multiplier, thus you will not be able to sustain any sort of decent loadout. Is it possible to have no upkeep if you cannot get a multiplier?

Offline Fatwalrus

• Noble
  • Renown: 11
  • Infamy: 1
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 19, 2011, 09:42:19 pm »
Breakage chance already is per tick, I believe. Can't remember where they said it, but it's probably around somewhere.

Well then... thats a great idea.. I'm uhh.. glad they implemented my suggestion so fast *cough*

Offline Jarlek

• King
  • Renown: 1173
  • Infamy: 307
  • cRPG Player Sir White Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • The walking wiki
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Jarlek_The_Blue, Jarla, Jarlen, Jarler, Jarlec, Jarled OH GOD ALL THESE ALTS
  • IRC nick: Jarlek
« Reply #4 on: September 19, 2011, 09:52:55 pm »
Well then... thats a great idea.. I'm uhh.. glad they implemented my suggestion so fast *cough*
xD

I love you aussies!
This game isn't about being skillful as much as its about saying things in general chat that enrage people who then go to murder you but in their rage they make dumb mistakes which gets them killed.
In memory of Jarlek_zeh_Blue, ruler of Ilvia