Author Topic: i haven't one shot anyone in forever.  (Read 2596 times)

Offline Casimir

• King
  • Renown: 1756
  • Infamy: 271
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • The Dashing Templar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Knights Templar
  • Game nicks: Templar_Casimir
  • IRC nick: Casimir
Re: i haven't one shot anyone in forever.
« Reply #15 on: September 10, 2011, 04:56:46 am »
dude you also fought me using a 18-21 build with mw longsword, your probably gunna get spammed if that's the case.

With 4 IF and lordly brigandine i only get 1shot by str builds, when i rocked lordly plate however, never got 1 shot.
Turtles

Offline DrKronic

• Knight
  • Renown: 67
  • Infamy: 39
  • cRPG Player
  • Arch Villain of cRPG
    • View Profile
  • Faction: I do what I want
« Reply #16 on: September 10, 2011, 05:55:48 am »
its the change to armor that affected this the biggest, as now armor reduces damage alot more, which means CUT damage got nerfed heavy, so your axe isn't putting people down as fast, if you were using a MW bec u'd drop people faster, I had one and it still basically 2 shot most people(1 shot if u got the head on the overhead alot of times)

aim for the face, I do alot (head shots are times two damage, foot shots 1/2 btw)

Hashashin's Creed.......
Greed is for amateurs...Chaos, Disorder, Anarchy now that's fun!

Offline Thucydides

• Baron
  • Renown: 129
  • Infamy: 28
  • cRPG Player
  • I shat Uranus
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Thucydides
« Reply #17 on: September 10, 2011, 09:38:54 pm »
Ping plays a large part in this. Also you seem to favour holds alot, that makes you rather predictable and is rather dangerous when you have 120 ping. If I didn't use a flamberge I would have just spammed you as well.

I am rather limited with high ping, i can't be as aggressive as i normally am because i cannot recover block as fast. Sometimes i miss blocks that i normally make with normal ping because of a split second lag. I don't normally hold that much but i am not a defensive fighter so a block battle would be to my disadvantage, especially with such high ping.

Offline Rumblood

• King
  • Renown: 1199
  • Infamy: 420
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: GrannPappy
« Reply #18 on: September 11, 2011, 05:27:12 pm »
+1
You know why you haven't one shot anyone in forever? It's because you only thought you were one-shotting before, when all you were really doing was kill stealing from archers  :lol: Fewer archers, doing less damage, means you get fewer easy kills  :idea:
"I don't think much of a man who is not wiser today than he was yesterday" – Abraham Lincoln

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Mithus

• Noble
  • Renown: 10
  • Infamy: 17
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: September 11, 2011, 06:22:52 pm »
I never use the market because i use all my heirlooms, but i cannot take this grind that i have to do just so i can use my Cuir Boili while other people seem to walk around in their loomed transistionals and take 6 shots to put down.  Gets to a point where i don't want to even block anymore

cRPG went to a point where grind matters, we see people on peasant cloth all day to get gold instead of trying to help their team to win wearing decent gear.
Would be good that the experience points to 31 reduced to people that do not have all time to play to achieve the armor+glove looms combinatios to be competitive in less time instead of 6 month grind.

Offline Bryggan

• Marshall
  • Renown: 727
  • Infamy: 207
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: 13 Knights, HCE
  • Game nicks: Jerk, Asshole, Dumbass, etc.
« Reply #20 on: September 11, 2011, 06:40:41 pm »
People quite often one shotted me, so I went from a light kuyak to a heavy kuyak, and added a veil to my tagancha helm. Now 2 handers have to hit me twice, unless it's on my head, but with everyone else I can scrap for a bit, maybe 3 or 4 hits.  The sad thing is with my espada (short, not long), heavy jarids, 733T cavalry shield and javs I have to wear leather and fur cap 75% of the time.  Then anyone can one hit me.

I don't mind the amount of tin cans we have.  Much like cav and archers it just makes the game more interesting.  Gotta think a little, work together etc.  I just wish every tiny mistake I make didn't mean insta-death.  Its hard to get good at melee when you can only get one hit and three blocks in every five minutes.

Offline kongxinga

• Peasant
  • Renown: 6
  • Infamy: 2
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: The Farmers
« Reply #21 on: September 12, 2011, 05:08:44 pm »
Plate is too cost effective, been saying this for ages. But I am not holding my breath for any changes on that, although I fully expect another horse nerf come next patch given the current patch change trends.

Offline Vibe

• Vibrator
  • King
  • Renown: 2528
  • Infamy: 615
  • cRPG Player Madam White Queen A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: September 12, 2011, 05:13:42 pm »
Working as intended.