Author Topic: [CLosed] he gave me the item back  (Read 1790 times)

Offline Leshma

• Kickstarter Addict
  • King
  • Renown: 1843
  • Infamy: 948
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • VOTE 2024
    • View Profile
Re: Scammed by Player ( pls replace my item)
« Reply #15 on: September 13, 2011, 12:17:02 pm »
+1
how about you leave the market to people who know how to press some buttons

Mistakes happen :cry:

It's kinda lame that I lose something what I've worked for a two or more weeks in just one second of not being concentrated but ok, I understand.

I just wanted to know your final word on this matter and since now I know my item won't be returned it's time for me to accept the loss.

Thank you for confirmation Meow, you're the only person who answered my question :)

And you're wrong about people being geniunely nice. Just like Tzar, I've tried to contact the guy who bought my item for 100k gold and never got any kind of response. I haven't raged at all, he simply ignored my PMs. After that I was very disappointed in this community, not because I haven't got my item back but because there are people who don't want to socialize with others. Since this isn't WoW or some other huge community but one rather small and solid community which should gather more mature players, at least I expected the answer written in english. It didn't have to be what I wanted to hear, but not answering in such situation shows how lame that person is.

Also, Kingtrisp is right about something. If you don't punish scammers severely and don't leave some kind of statement on forums or on char page, more and more people will try to scam someone, they will be encouraged to do so and eventually everything will go to hell...

Offline Kingtrisp

• Baron
  • Renown: 89
  • Infamy: 43
  • cRPG Player
  • Conan What is best in life?
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Waylander
  • Game nicks: Waylander_KingConan
« Reply #16 on: September 13, 2011, 12:22:41 pm »
So let me get this straight you read the whole paragraph then took the context wrongly and only have made a post addressing only one of things i was talking about?

Now i never said anything about this being your job or that you had to do it! but what i do know is that this is not a paying job and that you can only spend alittle time on this mod now and again i have no problem with that what so ever, furthermore i thank the devs for the work they are doing/have done and the great mod they have made/perfected over the last nearly 2 years.

People obviously want to see a method of selling there heirlooms (perhaps as a item or token) now perhaps that will take awhile to implement or it may never be done but if it is not i can guarantee there will be more scamming and more and more post's / arguments / ban and kick votes / Tk's on these forums and on the server's till the problem is sorted.

Now there are some problems such as selling your heirlooms for pitiful amounts of money which should definitely be fixed but i don't think that problem is as bad as people spamming people with deals they don't want or scamming people.

If the problems are not fixed then new players will be very vulnerable to scamming or mistakes and that can make people who have just started playing stop straight away which is just not good at all!!

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Kafein

• King
  • Renown: 2203
  • Infamy: 808
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 13, 2011, 12:31:04 pm »
not sure if how and when any items will be returned to all the people that got scammed but i really don't get why you people keep buying heirloom points without having a system for that...
so don't expect your items back anytime soon. this will be a lot of work for us and mainly chadz.

There are many, many (indeed many) honest heirloom points sellers/buyers out there. The pro traders like tydeus, rohypnol (and half of dfc lol), mtemtko, poophammer... have a reputation to sustain. And most people you see on the forums too.

The people that got scammed should get their items back, and the scammers permabanned (I think we have enough evidence now). If the authorities let the scamming happen without reacting severely, then yes, people will have to be extremely cautious about it in the future. Not punishing the scammers is the most terrible decision the admins could take. It means that scamming is allowed. Even if trading heirloom points wasn't intended, it is very clear that this feature is what the players need. So even if the dev team can't/doesn't want to make a safe system for that, at least don't support scammers.

Offline Meow

• Awesome Consulting Detective
  • King
  • Renown: 1071
  • Infamy: 150
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Fallen Brigade
« Reply #18 on: September 13, 2011, 12:33:53 pm »
and all that can be avoided by just not buying heirloom points on the market.
how do people scam if the market is used as intended?

also i didn't say there won't be any returns but that it's highly unlikely for cases where it was a normal market transaction.
you even get a popup window to confirm the offer when you put it on the market.

@Kingtrisp
the other part is pretty clear so yeah of the two paragraphs you posted i took the one that sounds like it's not the peoples fault who get scammed AT ALL.

scammers were punished and yes i agree that people want a method of buying/selling heirloom points, not waiting until they have one on the other hand is just a bad idea.

Edit: this was mainly about the posts above your's kafein.

but yeah we can all agree that scamming sucks.
also there already were bans for it, recovering the items is just a lot of work which eats up time.
for now just do yourself and everyone else the favor and stay away from heirloom point trades.
« Last Edit: September 13, 2011, 12:38:11 pm by Meow »

Offline Kafein

• King
  • Renown: 2203
  • Infamy: 808
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: September 13, 2011, 12:39:58 pm »
and all that can be avoided by just not buying heirloom points on the market.
how do people scam if the market is used as intended?

also i didn't say there won't be any returns but that it's highly unlikely for cases where it was a normal market transaction.
you even get a popup window to confirm the offer when you put it on the market.

@Kingtrisp
the other part is pretty clear so yeah of the two paragraphs you posted i took the one that sounds like it's not the peoples fault who get scammed AT ALL.

scammers were punished and yes i agree that people want a method of buying/selling heirloom points, not waiting until they have one on the other hand is just a bad idea.

I don't think so. At least in my case, I know thrustworthy people I can contact if I want to buy an heirloom point. Very basic things like asking around, watching the forum activity of the seller etc. make the deal safe. Sure scams will still happen, but more because the buyers are naive than because there is a lack of honest people. For some people, trading heirloom points is critical (high levels with +2/+1 stuff), there aren't going to stop it because others got scammed.