Author Topic: Iron flesh - Is it useless?  (Read 4108 times)

Offline RandomDude

• Earl
  • Renown: 431
  • Infamy: 43
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Knight
  • I play now! but I suck =(
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: RandomDude
  • IRC nick: RandomDude
Re: Iron flesh - Is it useless?
« Reply #15 on: September 06, 2011, 03:23:10 pm »
i agree with ptx

if ur gonna put pts into IF then put as much as you would any other main skill, not just 1-2

I didnt used to put any into IF but when I do builds that max or near max IF I really notice my survivability increasing in terms of taking more hits

if im wearing my full plate then i can take a lot of slashes (thrusts and blunts still hurt a lot)

Offline HarunYahya

• Marshall
  • Renown: 965
  • Infamy: 309
  • cRPG Player
  • Proud Abdulla wielder
    • View Profile
  • Faction: BashiBazouks
  • Game nicks: HarunYahya,HarunShootya,Inan
  • IRC nick: HarunYahya
« Reply #16 on: September 06, 2011, 05:47:00 pm »
Is there a big difference between 5 if and 7 ?

I have a dilemma these days about what to give my next 3 skill points on level up
Making
IF 5-----> 7
Riding 3-->4

or

IF 5
Riding 3--->6

Offline Tears of Destiny

• Naive
  • King
  • Renown: 1847
  • Infamy: 870
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Quiet drifting through shallow waters. 死のび
    • View Profile
    • NADS
  • Faction: Black Company
  • IRC nick: Tears
« Reply #17 on: September 06, 2011, 06:09:33 pm »
I would go for the six riding as that makes your horse more survivable if you can be faster/ride better etc.
That is just me though, if the majority of your time will be spend on foot, 4 riding will do.
I'm not normal and I don't pretend so, my approach is pretty much a bomb crescendo.
Death is a fun way to pass the time though, several little bullets moving in staccato.
The terror of my reign will live on in infamy, singing when they die like a dead man's symphony.

Offline marco1391

• Noble
  • Renown: 18
  • Infamy: 11
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Legio_Marco1691
« Reply #18 on: September 06, 2011, 06:43:19 pm »
To summarize, IF is not useless. It's great, expecially for people that use medium and heavy armor.

Look at it like this:
An 21/15 build has 56 HP at level 30 with no IF.

With 7 IF, you got 70 HP. That's +25%.

In any competitive pvp game i've played, 25% extra hitpoints is huge. cRPG is no exception.

(God, i miss having IF... the curse of being cavalry  :cry:)
you can actually have if with that build if you plan your build for the level 31(obviously you don't have to be a shielder hybrid)
21 str
15 agi

7 if
7 ps
3 shield
5 ath
5 riding
5 wm

cav,70 hp, good athletics good damage and good wpf while dismounted(it's the build that I'm using atm)

however turning back to topic, it depends on your style of play

let us take as an example the build I made above, you can basically do 2 thing
-if you get if you will get 14more hp, that is 25%more of the base hp and will be 20% of the resulting health bar(basically if you divide your health bar in 5 pieces the last one is the if bonus, and it is good also for showing when you would have died without it)
-you can convert the 7 if to have 3 more str and 1 more ps(0.7x3=2.1% +8%=10.1% base damage bonus)+3(5.3%)hp
you obviously can do similar comparison with agi and bonus speed by wpf, however 10-15 more wpf on melee means really nothing trust me

so it all comes down to you, converting means +10%damage and +5%hp, not converting means +25%hp for this build, but similar calculations can be done with any build with if, I'd say if has always been very useful and with the new soak values it's really worth it for any melee oriented player
« Last Edit: September 06, 2011, 06:46:01 pm by marco1391 »

Offline CrazyCracka420

• Minute Valuable Contributor
  • Strategus Councillor
  • Renown: 1950
  • Infamy: 794
  • cRPG Player Sir White Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Welp
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Vaegirs
  • Game nicks: Huseby
  • IRC nick: Steam name: crazycracka420
« Reply #19 on: September 07, 2011, 07:16:26 pm »
+1
To summarize, IF is not useless. It's great, expecially for people that use medium and heavy armor.

Look at it like this:
An 21/15 build has 56 HP at level 30 with no IF.

With 7 IF, you got 70 HP. That's +25%.

In any competitive pvp game i've played, 25% extra hitpoints is huge. cRPG is no exception.

(God, i miss having IF... the curse of being cavalry  :cry:)

I'm an 18/18 cav build, and at level 31 I have:

IF: 6
PS: 6
Shield: 4
Athletics: 4
Riding: 6
WPF: 6

99 1h wpf
136 polearms wpf

I think it's a fucking awesome build.  However Tommyhu is much better cav than me, and he puts more into WPF and none in athletics, and I've seen other cav convert skills to attributes.  I still think my build is the best for balance, even if I've not the best cav lancer.  IMO if you can use the skills and they aren't being wasted by using them, it's counter-productive to convert skills to attributes.  If you are a straight up build, no hybrid (like cav/infantry like I can be with my build), say pure 2h, then it makes sense spend 2 skill points for 1 attribute because you don't have enough skills to put the points into otherwise.
« Last Edit: September 07, 2011, 07:18:33 pm by CrazyCracka420 »
visitors can't see pics , please register or login
 - Stolen from Macropussy