Poll

Should kicking unchamber your currently held attack?

Yes
13 (37.1%)
No
22 (62.9%)

Total Members Voted: 35

Author Topic: Kick-slash mechanic  (Read 2313 times)

Offline Heroin

• Baron
  • Renown: 135
  • Infamy: 32
  • cRPG Player
  • cRPG NA Server Admin
    • View Profile
  • Faction: MB
  • Game nicks: BlackHand_Heroin, Heroin_ATS, Heroin__JaBoNRA, Heroine_Heroin_MB, F8
Re: Kick-slash mechanic
« Reply #15 on: January 25, 2011, 11:38:50 pm »
This is simply not true, try doing a kick with an attack chambered but don't release the attack. At the end of the kick you'll still have that attack chambered. Only when you release too soon does it unchamber your attack.

Haven't tested to confirm this yet(not saying I don't believe you), but if it's the case, why change it in the patch? The previous mechanic worked fine.
Quote from: Godfrey of Ibelin
I once fought for two days with an arrow through my testicle.

Offline Welcome_To_Hell

• Noble
  • Renown: 10
  • Infamy: 8
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: nK / Northern Empire
« Reply #16 on: January 26, 2011, 12:40:07 am »
You can't do that since the last patch. You can't kick and attack at the same time. Doing so causes your attack animation to stop.

That was always the case, since beta, before warband was even released. Also I don't see any mention of it in patch notes.

Attack can be held, manual block can be held, releasing too soon or swinging too soon changes the animation blending.

It requires precise timing. High risk = High reward.

I don't know where the hell are all these false assumptions are coming from, it is simply not true.
« Last Edit: January 26, 2011, 12:43:38 am by Welcome_To_Hell »

Offline Gorath

• Count
  • Renown: 226
  • Infamy: 168
  • cRPG Player
  • Why the hell did I do anything other than ranged?
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Chaos
  • Game nicks: The threat of physical violence should be present in all things
  • IRC nick: Otherwise we get a swarm of faggot children like the majority of the cRPG/Internet population
« Reply #17 on: January 26, 2011, 03:40:30 am »
As everyone else has said, it still works this way and your attack is chambered.  The thing is that you have to have proper timing now.

As it should be.
And I should be nice or polite to anyone.... why exactly?

Offline Heroin

• Baron
  • Renown: 135
  • Infamy: 32
  • cRPG Player
  • cRPG NA Server Admin
    • View Profile
  • Faction: MB
  • Game nicks: BlackHand_Heroin, Heroin_ATS, Heroin__JaBoNRA, Heroine_Heroin_MB, F8
« Reply #18 on: January 26, 2011, 06:27:20 pm »
I did some investigation into this. Currently, the kick-slash works the same way it does in native. So if a change was made, it was either changed back to native values, or changed in native itself. With many claiming that it hasn't changed at all, I can't help but feel that I was mistaken. Although, I could have sworn the entire process "feels" different now. Prior to the recent patch, I had never seen my attack animation stopped by the kick animation.
Quote from: Godfrey of Ibelin
I once fought for two days with an arrow through my testicle.