Author Topic: Changes needed  (Read 866 times)

Offline Sir_Ironlake

• Baron
  • Renown: 144
  • Infamy: 18
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
Changes needed
« on: January 23, 2011, 10:52:22 am »
1. bar mace

- fast and crushes blocks like hell... just overhead overhead overhead... like the great maul on speed

2. throwing on high pt

- accurate and deadly. single most powerfull thing these days

3. xbows

- too weak

Offline Raskolnikov

• Peasant
  • Renown: 4
  • Infamy: 0
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
Re: Changes needed
« Reply #1 on: January 23, 2011, 05:15:57 pm »
1. Look, I have 8 PS and, no, the barmace does not crush through every time. I think this is selective memory from people who die from barmaces - they remember the times they were killed by a crush through but forget all the times the crush through failed. I'm lucky if 50% of overhead strikes crush - it's probably even less than that. Most of the time I can't risk it, so I don't even attempt an overhead unless I have friendly support.

2. Other threads on this already. Even with very high PT you need to hit a target with two or more projectiles. This is not easy. Especially if they're carrying a shield - and most people do these days. Don't run at throwers in straight line and you should be fine. Dedicated throwers are still a minority for good reason. It's a tough class to play.

3. I can't really comment on this. I have noticed, however, that when I get hit by a crossbowman, it hurts - a lot. I'm usually dead.

Offline UrLukur

• Noble
  • Renown: 13
  • Infamy: 19
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 23, 2011, 07:55:59 pm »
1. Against shields ? Way more than 50%. Why you can't attempt overhead ? They don't have chances to spam you without REALLY good footwork. Are you hybrid ? You play with gimped character ? 2h pure build have no problem with crushing every other pure melee.

2. It's not that easy but way too rewarding. Also, you don't have to be dedicated to sport high pt, you can with ease add 2h or polearm to the mix to own 1h, many people do it.

3. Xbow are not too weak, they hurts a lot. It's throwing and archery that are too good, xbow is still damn fine.
"Clava curva pie vinco"

Offline justme

• Count
  • Renown: 188
  • Infamy: 45
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Bandits
  • Game nicks: Bandit_Elsupreme
« Reply #3 on: January 23, 2011, 08:06:25 pm »
1. let them have it their crush

2. they are to powerful and precise, can kill with 1 strike ocasionaly, crush huscalar shield like hell

3. lower price for better xbows or increase damage

Offline Cepeshi

• Earl
  • Renown: 467
  • Infamy: 200
  • cRPG Player
  • Relax, it is just a life...
    • View Profile
    • Wanna work with me? Ping for more info!
  • Faction: Deserters
  • Game nicks: Fapulena, Useless
  • IRC nick: Cepeshi
« Reply #4 on: January 23, 2011, 09:20:26 pm »
1. i have to agree with Raskolnikov, atm sporting 7 PS, going for 8 when i hit 30, and i do NOT go thru every block/shield, in fact, i do not remember crushing manual block ever, and on shields its like 2/3 of the time i succeed, but only cause i select targets with low tier shields.

2. got instagibbed by few throwing chars using only 1 projectile (running mail hauberk)

3. xbows i cannot comment much as i havent tried any other than sniper one, which is laugh now, before when i was running in plate, i had to actually avoid bolts, now in mail second steel bolt from siege xbow kills me, i survive the first.