Author Topic: 2 unrelated suggestions  (Read 671 times)

Offline Hotpokka

• Noble
  • Renown: 15
  • Infamy: 2
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
2 unrelated suggestions
« on: September 05, 2011, 05:03:51 pm »
+1
1. Lower the upkeep free threshold to 20
25 is too high, I'm seeing people riding around on plated chargers with morningstars, plate shields and churburg armour while I'm relegated to riding a palfrey with robes, a great lance, a practice shield and my langes messer (so I can actually compete). Alternatively the upkeep free time could only apply to weapons, while horses and armour still get upkeep as per usual.
At the current level it is basically exploiting.

2. Double exp/ gold weekends
I've noticed some new players whining about the grind so this could be an enticing way to keep them playing. It would also mean smaller communities (e.g. AU) would get to experience high player counts for once as there would be more people playing (hopefully). Of course it wouldn't be every weekend.

Offline Tomas

• Marshall
  • Renown: 718
  • Infamy: 217
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
    • Fallen Brigade Website
  • Faction: Fallen Brigade
  • Game nicks: Fallen_Tomas
Re: 2 unrelated suggestions
« Reply #1 on: September 05, 2011, 05:12:36 pm »
I've noticed some new players whining about the grind so this could be an enticing way to keep them playing. It would also mean smaller communities (e.g. AU) would get to experience high player counts for once as there would be more people playing (hopefully). Of course it wouldn't be every weekend.

As an alternative, add another chadz text thingy that gives low level, low gen characters a significant gold/exp boost if they manage to fulfill certain requirements within a round.  What those requirements are is up to chadz of course :wink: but there could be a few different criteria with varying rewards

Offline Wiltzu

• Sceptical
  • Duke
  • Renown: 665
  • Infamy: 231
  • cRPG Player Sir White Knight A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Kalmar Union
  • Game nicks: Kalmarin_Wiltzu
  • IRC nick: Wiltzu
« Reply #2 on: September 05, 2011, 05:16:26 pm »
I agree wit the second =D there should be events for example like christmas =D
When in Rome, live as the Romans do; when elsewhere, live as they live elsewhere.

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Kaikki on tasa-arvoisia. Toiset on vain tasa-arvoisempia kuin toiset.

Offline Volos

• Noble
  • Renown: 18
  • Infamy: 7
  • cRPG Player
  • I'M RICK JAMES BITCH!
    • View Profile
  • Faction: The Clan MacLeod(just kidding no clan...yet)
« Reply #3 on: September 05, 2011, 10:26:19 pm »
I agree, it's a bit too high.

Some people have found exploits with high armored stuff and probably make a lot of money cause they're in a team that never loses.

But, I have 5 characters and 3 of them with good horses and I have awesome armor just sitting there cause as soon as I put it on and ride my team loses
and I get hit with a few thousand repair fee.

I don't even use my horse I just run around with a pike or axe and cheap armor or tunic and unhorse people and steal their horse lol.

I don't get sometimes, is that even when my team wins I still get hit with random fees, and that's when I don't get knicked at all. AAAnnnnndddd, some highly armored people take way too many hits before they fall. In medieval times you could take an arrow through plate armor, a hammer and bash their armor in causing massive damage and thrust just about anything metal and go through their armor instantly killing them. Why do you think wearing armor go lame? And don't say guns, people were killing plated armored easily way before the mass use of rudimentary guns.
Game Characters: Volos, Volossa, Ashalem, Vorexuonek, Brun

Offline El_Infante

• Count
  • Renown: 167
  • Infamy: 60
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Tercio_Alejandro_Farnesio
« Reply #4 on: September 05, 2011, 10:34:33 pm »
1. Lower the upkeep free threshold to 20
25 is too high, I'm seeing people riding around on plated chargers with morningstars, plate shields and churburg armour while I'm relegated to riding a palfrey with robes, a great lance, a practice shield and my langes messer (so I can actually compete). Alternatively the upkeep free time could only apply to weapons, while horses and armour still get upkeep as per usual.
At the current level it is basically exploiting.

A full-plated peasant is still a peasant. I have no problem facing a level 20 guy with black armor and a cataphract. As soon as they get level 26 (that is quickly to get) the bonus end so I don't see any problem on giving an advantage to newbies.

Offline Hotpokka

• Noble
  • Renown: 15
  • Infamy: 2
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 06, 2011, 12:22:02 am »
A full-plated peasant is still a peasant. I have no problem facing a level 20 guy with black armor and a cataphract. As soon as they get level 26 (that is quickly to get) the bonus end so I don't see any problem on giving an advantage to newbies.
Because a lot of the people doing that aren't new. They're just constantly respeccing and using top tier equipment.

Offline Bulzur

• Earl
  • Renown: 465
  • Infamy: 102
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Caravan Guild.
  • Game nicks: Guard_Bulzur
« Reply #6 on: September 06, 2011, 12:37:28 am »
Only thing rewarding events do is making you unsatisfied when you miss them because of IRL reasons.
But i wouldn't mind "non-rewarding" events :
-peasant wars
-no range
-no ponies
-no ponies/no range
-santa hat for everyone

Then again, there's some battle events organized in strategus, but nowadays not enough people give away gold and troops for thoses, unfortunately.
[14:36] <@chadz> when you login there is a message "your life as horse archer was too depressing for you. you decided to commit suicide. please create a new char"
[19:32] <@chadz> if(dave_ukr_is_in_server) then rain_chance = 98%;