Author Topic: Paul, do it!  (Read 1266 times)

Offline Leshma

• Kickstarter Addict
  • King
  • Renown: 2884
  • Infamy: 1549
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • VOTE 2024
    • View Profile
Re: Paul, do it!
« Reply #15 on: September 14, 2011, 11:32:35 am »
Leshma' just trolling the community, so crack open a beer and chilllll.

Actually I'm not. There are two ways to balance this, one is to nerf some classes slightly, some significantly and to buff some obviously way under powered classes.

Second is to buff everything to put on level with current cavalry. Problem with that is there is no way in hell they are gonna do it. They would have to buff archery, then buff polearms and 2H and cause of that to buff 1H, throwing and cavalry will start to whine how everything was buffed and they weren't and...

So only way I see it possible for dev team to even take my suggestions into account is balancing through nerfing, making game a bit slower but less lame.

I'll update first post and change it a bit, some people who posted in this thread gave me some good suggestions.

Basically how would I balance c-rpg? First you have to know something about me, I hate lame things and lame people. Currently this mod is full of both.

Things I dislike in this mod and want to change through game balance are:

- easy kills: backstabbing with lance, galloping through masses with couched lance, holding chambered weapon and killing someone from behind while he's unaware, slash-bumping...
- "cunning" tactics: killing people from ranged weapons while hiding in the bushes, bumping enemy so your teammate can easy kill him while he's on the ground, roof camping, circling around someone like he's your pray and not enemy on the battlefield...

In order to chance that all classes need to be re-balanced so only the most skilled, most courageous get kills. Re-balance the mod so there are no situations where one team see the map and say, hey this is cav map so let's all ride horses because we have enough points in riding to do so while being epic infantry as well... balance classes so there is no class which out performs the other one, rock-paper-scissors will still apply but it won't be excuse why some class clearly dominates the other.

All changes we went through recently were leading us towards more realism and specialization and that way we should follow in the future. Currently archery can be super effective only if you give up melee combat, horse archery especially, while xbowmen and horseman can make hybrids and be very successful with them. That's why there is so xbowmen out there and that's why you see majority of one team riding horses at some point.

Offline Leshma

• Kickstarter Addict
  • King
  • Renown: 1438
  • Infamy: 1409
  • VOTE 2024
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 14, 2011, 11:35:14 am »
Oh bugger, seems that you all minused my thread so there's no point in continuing this...

Okay, I won't give any more suggestions. Have fun.

Locking thread in 3, 2, 1...

Offline Tears of Destiny

• Naive
  • King
  • Renown: 1847
  • Infamy: 870
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Quiet drifting through shallow waters. 死のび
    • View Profile
    • NADS
  • Faction: Black Company
  • IRC nick: Tears
« Reply #17 on: September 14, 2011, 11:38:57 am »
*waves goodbye*

I still don't understand you wanting to change HA from 6 agi per to 4 agi per...
« Last Edit: September 14, 2011, 11:40:43 am by Tears_of_Destiny »
I'm not normal and I don't pretend so, my approach is pretty much a bomb crescendo.
Death is a fun way to pass the time though, several little bullets moving in staccato.
The terror of my reign will live on in infamy, singing when they die like a dead man's symphony.

Offline Leshma

• Kickstarter Addict
  • King
  • Renown: 1617
  • Infamy: 2999
  • VOTE 2024
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 14, 2011, 11:46:06 am »
Changed it to 5 :wink:

Also they would be slower cause of less riding which means they will fight differently, won't be easy for them to run away as it is now. Result would be more precision, less arrows, less running away.

Offline Xant

• Finnish Pony
  • King
  • Renown: 1552
  • Infamy: 803
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: September 14, 2011, 12:21:18 pm »
Don't understand what your objection to chambered attacks is. The fact that it gives 120-150% damage is a wonderful mechanic that allows people with lower PS to pack a punch if they play smart.
Meaning lies as much
in the mind of the reader
as in the Haiku.

Offline Leshma

• Kickstarter Addict
  • King
  • Renown: 2114
  • Infamy: 405
  • VOTE 2024
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: September 14, 2011, 01:09:47 pm »
Paul was here, didn't comment on this thread, thread can be locked.