Author Topic: 1h/Shielder build. Can't decide! OH NOES!  (Read 4414 times)

Offline Renegat

• Baron
  • Renown: 105
  • Infamy: 40
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
Re: 1h/Shielder build. Can't decide! OH NOES!
« Reply #30 on: August 25, 2011, 03:41:57 pm »
Hello, i advice you to try 21/18 built (lvl 31)
6 wm, 6 ath, 7 ps, 5 shield and 2 if or 2 riding if you want to go lvl 32 and put 3 more riding (if it's your final built).
You can also do 18/18, which is a very good built for 1h cav (i had this one before).

As far as weapons are concerned, i would advice you to take nordic champion or knightly arming sword. Of course, you can take weapons for begginers or non skilled players like steel pick or spamitar, but you won't "learn" and improve your skills with such weapons.

EDIT: There is also the iberian mace which look pretty efficient if you like blunt damages and know down, but i ve never tried it so i can't say if it's a realy good weapon ^^ (but it looks nice :p)
« Last Edit: August 25, 2011, 03:46:03 pm by Renegat »

Offline Kherr

• Noble
  • Renown: 13
  • Infamy: 1
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • IRC nick: Kherr
« Reply #31 on: August 25, 2011, 03:56:21 pm »
@Renegat
1. What do you think makes a weapon to a "beginner" or "non skilled" weapon? Overpowerment? If a weapon is overpowered a lot of people uses it. Then it will be nerferd. Happened e.g. with the german great sword or even a complete class like throwing or archery.

2. Imho you have to find a balance between your athletics, the prefered environment (narrow siege or open terrain) and the length of the weapon. 15 agility, short pick and open terrain will not work.

Offline Spawny

• Count
  • Renown: 152
  • Infamy: 27
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Templar_Spawny
« Reply #32 on: August 25, 2011, 04:17:48 pm »
What about the MW long/knightly arming sword then? I think they're the "knightliest" swords you can get and loomed they're really good.

True, but the langes messer sports 36 cut damage on the swing and has just 1 damage less on the thrust. Combine that with being 1 point faster and it's 1400 gold cheaper too. The 10 reach it has less doesn't really matter that much during siege games.

Imo, more bang for my buck when using the langes messer. It's a western style weapon, only downside is that it doesn't fit the time period.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

The problem is even if you are number 1 in NA you are still only number 467 in EU or the worst in AUS(number 17)

Offline Renegat

• Baron
  • Renown: 105
  • Infamy: 40
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: August 25, 2011, 04:35:29 pm »
Kherr:
I meant that taking those weapon is a "facilities mean" (don't know if i'm clear :s). I saw that most of those who use steel pick and spamitar don't feint, don't hold attack don't ... try anything. Just wait for the ennemie's attack and reply, wait, reply, wait, reply, ... OR they spam. Is that a skill? I don't think so. That's why i don't recommand poeple to take op weapon like steel pick and spamitar.
Plus, spamitar and steel pick are op for a long time, so i don't think they will be ever nerfed.

Offline Beer

• Noble
  • Renown: 12
  • Infamy: 2
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: August 25, 2011, 08:22:07 pm »
+2
I would hardly call either of those weapons OP. Steel picks do pierce damage, which merely makes them more effective against tincans. Whether or not a player feints/holds/block/whatever has nothing to do with the weapon a player picks, it has everything to do with the player himself. Just because somebody takes a Spamatar or a pick, it doesn't automatically make them a "no skill player". And there is nothing wrong with spamming if the enemy will not block. It doesn't make a player bad just because he takes advantage of his enemies weakness. I would argue that knowing the right time to spam could indeed be considered a skill.

Offline MrShine

• Ragdoll Basher
  • King
  • Renown: 1156
  • Infamy: 193
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Fear the stache
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: MrShine
« Reply #35 on: August 25, 2011, 09:25:16 pm »
+1
I would hardly call either of those weapons OP. Steel picks do pierce damage, which merely makes them more effective against tincans. Whether or not a player feints/holds/block/whatever has nothing to do with the weapon a player picks, it has everything to do with the player himself. Just because somebody takes a Spamatar or a pick, it doesn't automatically make them a "no skill player". And there is nothing wrong with spamming if the enemy will not block. It doesn't make a player bad just because he takes advantage of his enemies weakness. I would argue that knowing the right time to spam could indeed be considered a skill.

What he said.  Honestly pick whatever weapon you want to.  I don't use scimi because it doesn't fit our clan theme and I rarely use the pick b/c it's ugly as sin, but they are both very strong weapons and I don't think there's anything wrong using them as long as you understand the strengths/weaknesses.
Holy crap I have a youtube gaming channel! https://www.youtube.com/user/MrShine12345

Offline The_Angle

• Baron
  • Renown: 91
  • Infamy: 56
  • cRPG Player
  • Qaddaffi 4 eva
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: August 28, 2011, 04:31:38 am »
Due to having fought most of my battles in open fields I always find that my shielder is raring for more agility just for survival. From experience the Strength builds for Shielders are really great in siege, immense even but they just don't cut it in open field battles, too slow to pull out from failed engagements etc. Of course this maybe about my skill, but the only possiblity of escaping a failed engagement is if I could cut the hunting enemy down, while being mobbed you are almost forced into being defensive.

So I've been rolling an agility build.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

In the land of rape and honey, you prey.