Author Topic: Journal of a Village_Elder  (Read 1158 times)

Offline Warcat

• Earl
  • Renown: 396
  • Infamy: 40
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Mappers Guild
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Fallen Brigade
  • Game nicks: Fallen_Warcat_ Village_Elder Merchant_of_Tulga Tavern_Keeper Guild_Master Ramun_The_Slave_Trader
Journal of a Village_Elder
« on: July 18, 2011, 11:35:40 am »
+3
Here is the journal of my councilor and servant friend Village_Elder, in it are the stories of his journey in Calradia during the second age of Strategus.

Prologue: It was about 43 years ago by the cRPG level calendar that I was born, I don't remember it, all I know is that I've been old my whole life, as all my fathers before me have been. I suppose my story really begins with them. My Great Great Grandfather was the first of my family to take the name of Village_Elder. He grew up in the humble village of Zagush, by birth his name was Townsman, but that was all to change when they came. Founded by their captain, Beauchamp, a fearsome warrior, the Fallen Brigade was sweeping across the steppe under it's fiery orange scorpion banner. When they came, they  slaughtered many including Templar soldiers who had come to aid the defense, and the current leader of the village . As the oldest survivor, Townsman was left to organize the people in repairing their village and in dealing with the new Fallen lords. It was then that he was given the name of Village_Elder, the original Legend of Zagush. However for a time Zagush stagnated, the Fallens were taking hold of their land and Zagush was left with trying to pay exorbitant taxes that drove away all hopes of bringing in foreign traders. However as things begin to settle down in the steppe, new Fallens were eager to prove their worth and so were given lands of their own. Zagush was then assigned to a eager young Fallen veteran by the name of Warcat. Together they started to remake Zagush stronger than ever as they learned much from each other. His new lord passed on what he had learned as a Fallen warrior, of the necessity of, and glory that comes in war. But also of many other things, of the need for publicity and they ways the lands around can be shaped to ones own desire. Leaning his lessons, Village_Elder knew how he and his lord would bring glory to his homeland. He put on his best robe and grabbed bags of stones from the cliff-side and went forth to gather what fame and prosperity he could in the land of the battle servers. Wherever he traveled he spread word of Zagush and all that it had to offer. Zagush grew and prospered, and was able to continue fueling the Fallen war machine as it spread it's influence. Four generations later, I travel with the the next in the line of Warcat across the steppe as the second age of Strategus begins. Only time can tell what will happen for sure, but it would seem to me that the Fallen Brigade is in a position to bring back it's empire greater than ever before. It's troops rain death down from the sky in great numbers and have researched new technologies and tactics to bring them victory.  Whatever my fate may be, I am willing to follow my lord to the gates of hell, for even in hell they shall fear the scorpion banner!

(click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: July 29, 2011, 01:16:37 am by Warcat »
In memory of Fallen_Warcat_, member of Fallen Brigade, ruler of Zagush
Tavern_Keeper #1 NA shielder
Strategus City Improvement Project

Offline Warcat

• Earl
  • Mappers Guild
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Fallen_Warcat_ Village_Elder Merchant_of_Tulga Tavern_Keeper Guild_Master Ramun_The_Slave_Trader
Re: Journal of a Village_Elder
« Reply #1 on: July 18, 2011, 11:38:50 am »
+3
Strategus Age Two- Day Six: I'm currently managing the troops and recruitment of my Lord's army as he rides to important battles. I am glad to hear my homeland has been freed by the mighty soldiers of the HRE, though when this reconquest of the steppe is over I hope that I might return to my home and take up  my position under my Lord to bring Zagush to greater glory even than in the Legends of old. Though perhaps hope is all it will ever be. News is that the conquest my Lord fought in at Bhulaban was a total success in which arrows nearly blocked out the sun. He will be returning soon to see how recruitment is progressing, perhaps we shall feast to the victories of the Fallen Brigade. 
« Last Edit: July 18, 2011, 11:54:14 am by Warcat »

Offline Warcat

• Earl
  • Mappers Guild
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 29, 2011, 01:15:22 am »
+2
Strategus Age Two- Day Sixteen: We've since traveled far into the southern steppe. On our road south I met a wandering traveler whom I told I would be grateful to if he were to bring me seven cows. We ate quite well that night. We've been staying just outside Tulga for the last five days were we met a very fast and smart young fellow by the name of Merchant_of_Tulga, he's agreed to join our retinue, he's helping us earn good money working here. However the best news of all is that the rebel village of Dusturil has fallen after days of assaults. I never did much like the folk from the south steppe anyway, so its good to see our numbers prevail in the end. I took a walk with some of the men from our camp to see the village, it is a formidable location, but now all is burned. It is good that such a fate would never come to Zagush.

Offline Warcat

• Earl
  • Mappers Guild
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 30, 2011, 11:41:11 am »
+4

Strategus Age Two- Day Fourty-Nine: For many days we have been traveling the steppe, from place to place, gathering men and money, stopping in for ale from the Tavern_Keeper in Tulga, a few travelers agreed to bring me 6 packs of grain last week which was quite good. For many of our days there was little real action in the steppe other than troop movements for a pushover war in the north, occasionally I have been left to watch over the party as the Lord goes off to battles, yet the ir has been little resistance. It seems the remnants of the empire in the north gathered their forces for a final stand at Yruma castle. The Brigade has dispatched a team of engineers and archers to assist the siege party, and the earliest reports back are that it was a battle of great losses in which bodies littered the ground, yet worse off than the armies was the castle itself. Rumor across the steppe is that the valiant efforts of the Fallen troops broke the castle down to its very foundation and opened a great hole in which men slaughtered each other mercilessly, such a great event would've been awesome to behold. With this great success, we shall see what great accomplishments The Brigade will achieve from here.

Offline Polobow

• Count
  • Renown: 267
  • Infamy: 30
  • cRPG Player Sir White Knight A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: SoA
« Reply #4 on: August 30, 2011, 03:48:33 pm »