Author Topic: please bring back the spawn limit for defenders at siege ..  (Read 1215 times)

Offline Mala

• Earl
  • Renown: 412
  • Infamy: 61
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
please bring back the spawn limit for defenders at siege ..
« on: March 20, 2011, 11:43:07 am »
and a higher one for attackers as well.
I am sick of all the suicide defenders.

Offline Poetrydog

• Noble
  • Renown: 15
  • Infamy: 0
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Fallen Brigade
  • Game nicks: Fallen_Poetrydog, Fallen_Santa_Rudolph, Fallen_Poetryfox
Re: please bring back the spawn limit for defenders at siege ..
« Reply #1 on: March 20, 2011, 06:03:30 pm »
I am sick of all the suicide defenders.
I am not
Quote from: RamsesXXIX
Running around naked with 80 other guys.

Offline Furax

• Noble
  • Renown: 15
  • Infamy: 9
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 20, 2011, 06:19:49 pm »
Yeah, I dont see a reason why not either, if a defender dies instantly after spawning everytime he still participates in 2 and a half minute of the round, which is more than half on siege? Dont remember, point is the times attackers actually manage to tear it up, and they would have won if it wasent for that last life all the defenders got. Its really annoying

Offline Polobow

• Count
  • Renown: 267
  • Infamy: 30
  • cRPG Player Sir White Knight A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: SoA
« Reply #3 on: March 20, 2011, 06:21:34 pm »
Wait, what? Defenders don't have any limit? Cool, i will try to play siege then :D

Offline Tears of Destiny

• Naive
  • King
  • Renown: 1847
  • Infamy: 870
  • Quiet drifting through shallow waters. 死のび
    • View Profile
    • NADS
  • Faction: Black Company
  • IRC nick: Tears
« Reply #4 on: March 20, 2011, 06:59:39 pm »
Wait, what? Defenders don't have any limit? Cool, i will try to play siege then :D

Remember that in siege you need buy time if you are a defender. Suiciding is bad for your team unless it involves you making a bunch of attackers focus on you for 30 or 40 seconds minimum and away from the flag.

Kills mean nothing in siege, Defenders want to buy time, and Attackers want the flag.
I'm not normal and I don't pretend so, my approach is pretty much a bomb crescendo.
Death is a fun way to pass the time though, several little bullets moving in staccato.
The terror of my reign will live on in infamy, singing when they die like a dead man's symphony.

Offline Wallace

• Noble
  • Renown: 13
  • Infamy: 1
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: WallaceBRD
« Reply #5 on: March 20, 2011, 09:20:46 pm »
If we were to add defender spawn limit we would have to restructure all maps to take into effect the eventual dwindling defense

Also this takes away sallying out which in my oppinion is the most fun part of siege
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Laufknoten

• Earl
  • Renown: 480
  • Infamy: 63
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Pawn
  • BOAT OF ANGER FLOATING ON THE SEA OF TEARS
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Burg Krems
  • Game nicks: Felipe
« Reply #6 on: March 20, 2011, 09:27:21 pm »
No, this would destroy the great balance we have in siege battles at the moment.

Offline Leiknir

• Baron
  • Renown: 81
  • Infamy: 14
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Nordmen of Fenada / SeaRaiders
  • Game nicks: Leiknir
  • IRC nick: Leiknir
« Reply #7 on: March 20, 2011, 09:29:50 pm »
Remember that in siege you need buy time if you are a defender. Suiciding is bad for your team unless it involves you making a bunch of attackers focus on you for 30 or 40 seconds minimum and away from the flag.

I still think in public servers without big banner teams, creating such a big blob of enemies even harms your own team. Usualy attackers tickle in 1 by 1, no problem for defenders, but if some retard defender dances around in attacker spawn for 20secs, he manages to bind many attackers together in a big blob that will attack the castle together, overrunning the outnumbered defenders.

Offline IG_Saint

• Count
  • Renown: 196
  • Infamy: 20
  • cRPG Player Sir White Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: IG
« Reply #8 on: March 20, 2011, 09:36:43 pm »
Kills mean nothing in siege, Defenders want to buy time, and Attackers want the flag.

That's not completely true, every kill is a 30 sec respawn or a 30 sec walk to the flag. Going for kills when the flag is under attack, now that is bad, unless you can see that the flag is being reinforced already in which case it's again beter to just go for kills to make sure the attackers can't reinforce the flag. Likewise the idea that defending the walls is bad is also wrong. Defending the walls is a perfectly good tactic on some maps. When the defenders only concentrate on the flag, all the attackers need to do is kill more defenders than lose attackers. Siege is all about reinforcements and who can kill the most enemies in the shortest amount of time.

on topic: Don't think it's needed, siege is pretty balanced right now.

Offline Mala

• Earl
  • Renown: 412
  • Infamy: 61
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 20, 2011, 10:46:55 pm »
Well, then i have to use the baaad "r" word.
Right now it is just some kind of team death match with an objective.

Offline cutsomecheesewithmybow

• Peasant
  • Renown: 7
  • Infamy: 1
  • cRPG Player
  • Hangover everyday.
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Dew
« Reply #10 on: March 20, 2011, 10:56:51 pm »
TDM with objective is awesome because if take into account the time it takes you to respawn and the time it gets defenders to go to flag you can sometimes as a defender charge down the walls and earn a few seconds for your team.

Offline Beauchamp

• Earl
  • Renown: 427
  • Infamy: 79
  • cRPG Player Sir White Pawn
    • View Profile
    • Personal portfolio
« Reply #11 on: March 22, 2011, 12:37:27 am »
i also think that original limit on deaths would bring more tactical play.
OOODDIIINVALHALLAAAAAAA on the 20th of April 2011: What I know is that... heh, eh ja how can I explain? ...deh feeling to believe in Odin is right, dat is what I say, ja?!

Offline Hirlok

• Duke
  • Renown: 624
  • Infamy: 122
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • A friendly archer decorating your ass with arrows
    • View Profile
    • Gab.ai. Freedom of Speech matters.
  • Faction: Always Take The Shot
  • Game nicks: None that you need to know of - except Hirlok the Hermit.
« Reply #12 on: March 22, 2011, 01:02:10 pm »

Golden words. And unread by most, just like all those "FAAAALG!!!!"-cries of dead teammates... ;-)

BTT: on first though I was against it. But then, latest after reading Wallace's pro-sally post, I reconsidered.
Now I am confused... ;-)

so: +/- 1 ;-)

Pro:
  • would cut some of the suicidal BS
  • more realism. Attackers could literally fill the ditches with corpses as long as they could force enough peasants to become heroes, defenders were limited in numbers.
Con:
  • you do not learn when you are dead - esp. new players and/or people dealing with high ping like me and/or trying a new class need to experiment. Which inevitably leads to death many times... ;-) 
  • On siege, an estimated 40% of all deaths are caused by partial or full teamkills, or falling down the effing walls because of own stupidity, lag, or poorly designed ladders/stairs, etc. Add stupid spawn points (off the walls, or into areas already under enemy control) etc. You have a high probability that your lifes will end in an "unfair" way, and the unlimited lifes somewhat compensates for that. Already frustrating that you have to wait 30 seconds just because you were spawned into free-fall... 
  • If you look at the current results, things seem to be pretty balanced. So IF a life-cap is re-introduced, it would have to be for both sides, like 4 lifes for defenders, 9 like the cat for attackers
« Last Edit: March 22, 2011, 01:06:14 pm by Hirlok »
Hermit Status report : feeling a little social. Threatening melee my old friends with a comeback. Greasing the string of his old longbow. Carving certain names into the tips of his arrows...

Offline Noble Crassius

• Noble
  • Renown: 12
  • Infamy: 0
  • cRPG Player
  • Long live the Han
    • View Profile
    • http://rotk.ws/
  • Faction: Han Empire
  • Game nicks: Han_Ling, SiegeSome, Fallen_Knight
« Reply #13 on: March 22, 2011, 01:17:49 pm »
Lives would be epic if it were for both sides, other wise no it would be waaay too imbalanced when half the defender team can't spawn in the last minute of game play and attackers are spawning every three seconds.
On it.