Author Topic: An Official Wiki  (Read 2529 times)

Offline Amouro

• Beggar
  • Renown: 0
  • Infamy: 0
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
Re: An Official Wiki
« Reply #15 on: January 13, 2011, 09:31:37 am »
great job so far guys.

I'd still like to see the devs get involved in it a little bit. there's still a lot of info on some game mechanics that are very vague and/or disputed among the community. Like the relationship between powerdraw, wpf, and a bow's actual accuracy. or a list of all the factors that determine how much hp you have. And how an armor's damage mitigation is calculated. it's things that I'm curious about.

oh and a sticky about the wiki in the announcement forum or somewhere might be nice. I'm sure not everyone will notice this thread about it.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Thomek

• El Director
  • OKAM Developer
  • Renown: 1372
  • Infamy: 481
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
    • Ninja Guide Wiki
  • Faction: Ninja_
  • Game nicks: Ninja_Thomek
« Reply #16 on: January 13, 2011, 08:47:32 pm »
Great idea! Link it from the c-rpg pages!
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

That Thomeck-delay-kicking bussiness is like that asshole-retard dude that fucks your sister sometimes.

Offline Arson

• Beggar
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Arson, Nosra
« Reply #17 on: January 13, 2011, 11:18:01 pm »
Nice job so far, looks like we got a few excellent editors already.

Looks like Arson remade a downloading & installing page (had similar stuff in http://wiki.c-rpg.net/index.php?title=Getting_started), making the steps a lot less detailed. This is of course a matter of opinion, but I think the newbie guides and basic install steps should rather be too detailed instead of too vague. Someone often pops to IRC or makes a forum post requesting help about stuff that seems trivial to anyone who's played the mod for any time at all. I'll re-add the details later if no one strongly disagrees.

Another important thing: let's try to make each article have a short overview, just like normal Wikipedia. A short paragraph or two giving the basic impression of what the article discusses in detail. This way people can get an overview without reading through the full article - you don't want to read through every detail when you've just started to play. Newbie-friendliness again.

Thanks for the nod, and I agree the install information is short. I actually copied that directly from the c-rpg.net install page, so I'm glad you are able to see it was a bit lacking to begin with.

Continuing to flesh this out today. The help is appreciated, guys.

Also, we're still unable to link to or add images. That would really help on pages that explain how the character page looks, as well as showcasing weapons and armor. I'd like to request from chadz admin access on the wiki since I plan to spend a good bit on time on it, if I could just find the damn IRC information.  :P
« Last Edit: January 13, 2011, 11:24:29 pm by Arson »

Offline Moofed

• Peasant
  • Renown: 6
  • Infamy: 3
  • cRPG Player
  • LET'S PLAY MONEY MAKING GAME
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 13, 2011, 11:36:59 pm »
http://wiki.c-rpg.net/index.php?title=IRC  :wink:

Definitely need image capability.  Perhaps Vargas can do it since he is a wiki admin now.

Offline Arson

• Beggar
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 14, 2011, 01:02:27 am »
http://wiki.c-rpg.net/index.php?title=IRC  :wink:

Definitely need image capability.  Perhaps Vargas can do it since he is a wiki admin now.

Thanks for this. Added quicklink to IRC page on Main Page.

Offline ManOfWar

• Count
  • Renown: 243
  • Infamy: 36
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • No crutches at all!
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Remnants
  • Game nicks: Remnant_ManOfWar (Formerly Takeda)
  • IRC nick: ManOfWar
« Reply #20 on: January 14, 2011, 01:07:36 am »
Well who is going to do it exactly, and whoever does deserves a special sig or some recognition
Just a soldier

Offline kinngrimm

• King
  • Renown: 1026
  • Infamy: 320
    • View Profile
    • The Betrayer of Nations
  • Faction: Wolves of Fenris
  • Game nicks: kinngrimm, Karma
  • IRC nick: kinngrimm
« Reply #21 on: January 20, 2011, 01:02:30 am »
a list of clans and their TS would be nice
learn from the past, live the moment, dream of the future

Offline Arson

• Beggar
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: January 21, 2011, 01:18:01 am »
If you see a need for an article, by all means create it. Nobody is "in charge" of the wiki. That's sort of the point of the wiki. Just be prepared to have folks mess with your formatting to (hopefully) improve it.

Also, I'd suggest getting permission from various clans before posting their information to a public wiki.

Offline kinngrimm

• King
  • Renown: 1026
  • Infamy: 320
    • View Profile
    • The Betrayer of Nations
  • Faction: Wolves of Fenris
  • Game nicks: kinngrimm, Karma
  • IRC nick: kinngrimm
« Reply #23 on: January 21, 2011, 05:22:21 pm »
If you see a need for an article, by all means create it. Nobody is "in charge" of the wiki. That's sort of the point of the wiki. Just be prepared to have folks mess with your formatting to (hopefully) improve it.

Also, I'd suggest getting permission from various clans before posting their information to a public wiki.

In many areas i am a noob, wikis are one of them.
I agree that you should have permission to post those data, but if the TS is configured with a public entrance, could there be any harm done anyways?
learn from the past, live the moment, dream of the future