• King
  • Renown: 2441
  • Infamy: 1571
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • VOTE 2024
    • View Profile
Bots
« on: January 20, 2011, 09:43:57 pm »
I know this sounds stupid and might be false accusation but I think that Kesh_BRD is using a bot. Today, I saw him on EU servers for at least an hour and all he did was charging forward, waiting to be killed. He didn't defend himself.

Either he is testing something or he's found a new bot. Since he's NA player he probably think that being banned on EU server isn't a big deal so he choose to leech here. That's my theory at least. Can one of admins investigate this, I'm unable to record screenshots or video.
« Last Edit: January 20, 2011, 09:46:29 pm by Leshma »

Offline Everkistus

• Marshall
  • Renown: 987
  • Infamy: 108
  • cRPG Player Sir White Knight A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • No good deed goes unpunished
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Fallen Brigade
  • Game nicks: Fallen_Everkistus
  • IRC nick: Everkistus
Re: Bots
« Reply #1 on: January 20, 2011, 09:48:07 pm »
I know this sounds stupid and might be false accusation but I think that Kesh_BRD is using a bot. Today, I saw him on EU servers for at least an hour and all he did was charging forward, waiting to be killed. He didn't defend himself.

Either he is testing something or he's found a new bot. Since he's NA player he probably think that being banned on EU server isn't a big deal so he choose to leech here. That's my theory at least. Can one of admins investigate this, I'm unable to record screenshots or video.
CTRL + INSERT is screenshot. Sounds serious, but you can autorun by just running and putting chat on.

Offline Leshma

• Kickstarter Addict
  • King
  • Renown: 15
  • Infamy: 1695
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • VOTE 2024
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 20, 2011, 09:57:52 pm »
Can't take screenshots with CTRL+Insert. I'm running Windows 7 and my Document Library is messed up (can't access those shorcuts), that might be the reason why it's not working.

I forgot about chat window trick, so it might not be botting. But it's still form of leeching. Last round (2 mins ago) he changed his behaviour but all he does is charging the enemy. Rounds before that he was just running nothing more. What's the difference between leeching naked and using peasant gear and automoving every round? In both cases you ain't playing.

Offline John

• Knight
  • Renown: 41
  • Infamy: 8
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: None
« Reply #3 on: January 21, 2011, 09:32:55 am »
Kesh is pretty much always playing, he was probably just charging in and doing other things until the round end sound played.  The only people I've actually seen using bots were Chinese, and did not act in the way you described.

Offline krampe

• Knight
  • Renown: 29
  • Infamy: 4
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Count Palatine of the Rhine
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Pony
  • Game nicks: krampe and the moons
« Reply #4 on: January 21, 2011, 09:38:18 am »
Can't take screenshots with CTRL+Insert. I'm running Windows 7 and my Document Library is messed up (can't access those shorcuts), that might be the reason why it's not working.

I forgot about chat window trick, so it might not be botting. But it's still form of leeching. Last round (2 mins ago) he changed his behaviour but all he does is charging the enemy. Rounds before that he was just running nothing more. What's the difference between leeching naked and using peasant gear and automoving every round? In both cases you ain't playing.

Try Ctrl+Print and then paste the pic Ctrl+V in paint :p
Sacrum Romanum Imperium

Yeah, well you know, that's just like, your opinion, man.

Offline Kimichi

• Permanently Banned
  • Renown: 5
  • Infamy: 3
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 21, 2011, 10:16:46 am »
Instead of taking a screenshot that can be argued against, why not go a step further and take a video!

It's called FRAPS a simple easy to use program.

http://www.fraps.com/download.php

It also lets your rebind keys so that you may see your FPS, take a SS, or capture a video. You can even set the framrate when it records, so that your computer does not lag while capturing.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Dexxtaa

• King
  • Renown: 1268
  • Infamy: 200
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Remnant_Dexxtaa
« Reply #6 on: January 21, 2011, 06:44:43 pm »
hahaahahahahahah Kimichi your gif made me bust my gut laughing

edit; Just thought of something productive to say.

That's not a bot, that's just auto thing.  Ans since we're on the topic of Kesh, Hey Kesh, jump on the Remnant TS more
« Last Edit: January 21, 2011, 06:46:00 pm by Dexxtaa »