Author Topic: Trade between alts discussion  (Read 634 times)

Offline Banok

• Duke
  • Renown: 521
  • Infamy: 215
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
Trade between alts discussion
« on: August 14, 2011, 01:46:21 am »
Before chadz said there would be a strategus related reason why you could only trade with 1 character. many months later, strat is back and still no reason AFAIK.

so like we asked before; can you please allow trading between alts and disable it later if needs be.

Offline Dehitay

• Baron
  • Renown: 121
  • Infamy: 48
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Fallen Brigade
Re: Trade between alts discussion
« Reply #1 on: August 14, 2011, 03:11:49 am »
My guess is it would be related to the upcoming smith skills. From what I gather, any weapon you use, you can earn smithing skills with which will allow you to smith those items in the upcoming strategus with the right materials. Therefore, if you could transfer heirloomed items to your main from your alt, you could also gain smithing skills with them and craft them.

Though personally, I don't see how the effort you put into an alt should be ignored and valued far less than the effort you put into a main. It's not like an alt is any easier to retire with.

Offline Vammo75

• Knight
  • Renown: 40
  • Infamy: 2
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Vamm
« Reply #2 on: August 14, 2011, 12:03:42 pm »
One reason could be to stop level 31+ people having the advantage of high level and heirlooms: although, that said, with the market you can just buy whatever you want.

I  would personally love to be able to trade heirlooms between all my chars as I have a number of multi-gen alts, including one with a my MW Katana.

Offline B3RS3RK

• Earl
  • Renown: 377
  • Infamy: 103
  • cRPG Player
  • Sexy and I know it.
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Saracen_Berserkaziz_Amir
« Reply #3 on: August 14, 2011, 01:50:28 pm »
I´d like that, too.Still have an Alt with a heirloom I´d like to get to my main :D

Also, I dont really see a possibility to abuse this feature much.Even if 31+ lvl people use it to get Heirlooms, they still have to grind to 31 with their alts.
Maybe it woud be better for me to find out where you life and kill you when you are satch a Soziopath. You have enough now.
"I don´t believe in anything, I´m just here for the violence."