Author Topic: Question about shields  (Read 604 times)

Offline El_Infante

• Count
  • Renown: 167
  • Infamy: 60
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Tercio_Alejandro_Farnesio
Question about shields
« on: August 10, 2011, 02:32:29 pm »
Shield improvement of coverage and damage reduction, is the same as Power Draw? Or it works as Power Throw?
I mean if the percentage that you get on every shield skill point is over shield requeriment or it raise the base value of shields?

Offline MrShine

• Ragdoll Basher
  • King
  • Renown: 1156
  • Infamy: 193
  • Fear the stache
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: MrShine
Re: Question about shields
« Reply #1 on: August 10, 2011, 02:57:59 pm »
I don't know exactly how it works, but I don't think it works quite the same way.

Case in point: taking 13 shield skill makes your shield unbreakable as resistance goes above 100%.  This works with difficulty 0 shields as it does difficulty 6 shields, so there doesn't seem to be a cap of benefit above the shield's requirement. 

If you're asking if having 5 shield skill might make a difficulty 3 shield more beneficial than a difficulty 5 shield due to the 'bonus' from the extra 2 shield skill I don't have a definitive answer for you.
Holy crap I have a youtube gaming channel! https://www.youtube.com/user/MrShine12345

Offline Cyclopsided

• Duke
  • Renown: 513
  • Infamy: 51
  • Formerly "Marathon". #sluttiestAdmin
    • View Profile
  • Faction: CHAOS
  • Game nicks: Cyclopsided_of_Chaos, CYBD, Brunchlady
  • IRC nick: Cyclopsided
Re: Question about shields
« Reply #2 on: August 10, 2011, 03:40:38 pm »
If you're asking if having 5 shield skill might make a difficulty 3 shield more beneficial than a difficulty 5 shield due to the 'bonus' from the extra 2 shield skill I don't have a definitive answer for you.
There is no special bonus of any kind.

Shield skill increases linearly, each level like a step. Nothing fancy about it.
Also, I have declared myself #1 NA hybrid thrower
Formerly known as Marathon.
As an NA admin, I am the most laid back and concerned with the ~fun of the game~ above all other factors. I've also been super inactive since Summer 2012. University takes most of my time, but I still find some time to play when i can.