Author Topic: Cestus anyone?  (Read 813 times)

Offline Roh_

• Peasant
  • Renown: 1
  • Infamy: 0
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
Cestus anyone?
« on: January 19, 2011, 08:54:51 pm »
Just a bit of a fun idea for a weapon. Not sure if its possible but the general idea is modified gauntlets used as the weapons model. Give it a reach the same as a punch. Use two handed skill and if possible assign the normal punching animations. Again use the same blocking animations but of course the block would only work if in the proper direction.

The models would need to be slightly larger then any of the regular gauntlet models so people could still have that armor slot without looking utterly retarded. I know it wouldn't be the most effective weapon in the world but with say 105 speed and 30-35 blunt/piece/slash damage(depending on the model. Id like to see all three) they could be effective enough and a fun alternative to use occasionally.

Anyway basically I want to see Cestus in the in the game and I figured I should at least toss out a basic idea instead of just begging for more goodies. I don't care if they turn out entirely different. Anyone else think it would be fun to see?

Offline Dravic

• Knight
  • Renown: 78
  • Infamy: 29
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Not playing
  • Game nicks: Not playing
  • IRC nick: Most likely Dravic
Re: Cestus anyone?
« Reply #1 on: January 20, 2011, 12:50:52 am »
Do this devs, please!

Offline AdNecrias

• Peasant
  • Renown: 6
  • Infamy: 3
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Knights Templar
  • Game nicks: Enuma Elish, Thar the Unready
« Reply #2 on: January 20, 2011, 01:19:25 am »
Model it. Texture it. Post again.

Raises the chances of it actually getting into the game.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Roh_

• Peasant
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 20, 2011, 05:23:00 am »
Don't have the skills required. Might be able to manage the model but.. I never got the hang of applying textures properly let alone making them. No I'm just sharing an idea. If it's liked enough someone with the skills will do it right.

Offline Rextard

• Knight
  • Renown: 39
  • Infamy: 8
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: KUTT
  • Game nicks: Rextard, Rextardero, CornstablePonyGaper, CornporalCannonFodder
« Reply #4 on: January 20, 2011, 06:06:54 am »
Why two-handed? They're accessories for 'unarmed' combat. You need to be good at boxing to be good with them, not good with greatswords. Wouldn't it be easier to just make them a glove that increases your strength or power strike while worn without weapons in hand? They weren't exactly something a gladiator would choose to use up against melee weapons.

Offline Roh_

• Peasant
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 20, 2011, 05:30:07 pm »
Cestus was the only proper name I could find. I am not going for historical accuracy here. I mean this is crpg. I was going for fun. I was saying assign it a melee weapons skill so that those who want to use them could actually improve and have a chance to contend if they are skilled or lucky enough. Just having them gauntlets that raise strength or PS when unarmed makes them completely impractical. Either you will be too slow and too weak with them or you will have to go all out with a special build just to use them. Damn they are a fun idea but not worth all that.

Hell maybe make one for each weap prof! So when people have a small game going and want to share some laughs everyone can toss in a pare and slug it out. Well not archers but you all hate archers anyway so meh.