Author Topic: WPF and weight, Character build  (Read 627 times)

Offline Nyalan

• Baron
  • Renown: 84
  • Infamy: 33
  • cRPG Player
  • Gamer/Artist (Multiclass)
    • View Profile
WPF and weight, Character build
« on: July 26, 2011, 07:13:03 am »
I'm  building a character with the following wpf stats:

51 in Crossbow
all the rest in 2 handed

I'm doing tests and I see very little difference between a 0.5 lbs armor character(only a shirt) with 37 wpf accuracy for now with the crossbow and a character with
-a studded leather over mail - 13.5 lbs
-a 2.5 lbs helmet
-a 0.5 mail gauntlets
-a 2.5 lbs boots

i am thinking about putting a plate mittens instead of mail gauntlets when i get the strenght and hesitate a LOT about what helmet I should take, the Kettle Hat (1.5 lbs) or a 2.5 lbs helmet, with much more defense (47) and 1 lbs more... but with the x3 penalty on helmets it would mean a 3 lbs penalty on accuracy and attack speed, which isn't so great for such a low point score... What is the penalty on wpf with the above equipment and the plate mittens? The total would be 26 lbs equivalent of wpf, about 19 of weight speed penalty. Is it worth sacrificing head defense? for a 51 crossbow strenght, would it lower it to 20? or to 0 and thus putting any points in crossbow wouldn't change anything from letting it to 1? Is the next patch gonna put a bigger penalty on the first crossbow points to oblige putting some in it?
« Last Edit: July 26, 2011, 07:24:54 am by Nyalan »

Offline CoWorm

• Knight
  • Renown: 46
  • Infamy: 2
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Conqueror_Worm, Nyarla
  • IRC nick: CoWorm
Re: WPF and weight, Character build
« Reply #1 on: July 26, 2011, 07:59:34 am »
I'll direct you to this post http://forum.c-rpg.net/index.php/topic,2722.0.html for calculations on wpf reduction.

However speaking from personal experience, that little wpf in crossbow aren't realy going to make a difference on your accuracy. What I would be more worried about these days is the upkeep, crossbows cost alot and after the last patch upkeep chance is determined by your wpf so expect the crossbow to break alot.

EDIT: Used a old spreadsheet I had lying around, might be a little bit off, but with that gear and wpf your effective wpf will be 44 or so.
« Last Edit: July 26, 2011, 08:03:01 am by CoWorm »