Author Topic: cRPG_3 Ninjafix - Spawn flags  (Read 5052 times)

Offline Dehitay

• Baron
  • Renown: 121
  • Infamy: 48
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Fallen Brigade
Re: cRPG_3 Ninjafix - Spawn flags
« Reply #30 on: July 25, 2011, 12:34:39 am »
If you are attacking and have been pushed back to your spawn flag... you are doing it wrong :P
It's not about getting pushed back. The attacking force just has to send a small force to go around. Hell, when DeBitre was taking Kulum, 22nd_Phyrex and me managed to just take a long route all the way around to behind their flag and none of them noticed us. Then when we finally got there, for some reason, Phyrex just turned around and F'ing TKed me out of nowhere. We were right on their spawn, and I was pissed needless to say. Btw, Kulum lost to DeBitre, and now Phyrex himself is attacking it in the name of the 22nd. I'm assuming he just didn't see my banner. Cause he obviously had nothing to gain from letting DeBitre win.

Offline Lorenzo_of_Iberia

• Baron
  • Renown: 130
  • Infamy: 35
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Peloponnesian League
  • Game nicks: Lorenzo_of_Numidia , PL_Hoplitai_Lorenzo
« Reply #31 on: July 25, 2011, 12:57:31 am »
It's not about getting pushed back. The attacking force just has to send a small force to go around. Hell, when DeBitre was taking Kulum, 22nd_Phyrex and me managed to just take a long route all the way around to behind their flag and none of them noticed us. Then when we finally got there, for some reason, Phyrex just turned around and F'ing TKed me out of nowhere. We were right on their spawn, and I was pissed needless to say. Btw, Kulum lost to DeBitre, and now Phyrex himself is attacking it in the name of the 22nd. I'm assuming he just didn't see my banner. Cause he obviously had nothing to gain from letting DeBitre win.

Think about it this way... in history you had your food and weapons caravan which had to be protected by a force to prevent the enemy taking it and running off with your supplies for your campaign. Imagine the spawn is your caravan and guard it with a small squad ;)
Your local Jav Cav

Looking for like Minded Hoplites? Look no further - http://forum.c-rpg.net/index.php/topic,22631.0.html

Offline Dehitay

• Baron
  • Infamy: 48
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Fallen Brigade
« Reply #32 on: July 25, 2011, 03:23:10 am »
Think about it this way... in history you had your food and weapons caravan which had to be protected by a force to prevent the enemy taking it and running off with your supplies for your campaign. Imagine the spawn is your caravan and guard it with a small squad ;)
Then I'd like to pretend we didn't store all our stuff in a single cart/wagon. Especially, if it all came on just as many troops

Offline Sultan_Khalifa

• Noble
  • Renown: 18
  • Infamy: 7
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: The Fallen Brigade
  • Game nicks: Fallen_Sultan_Khalifa Fallen_Santa_Khalifa
« Reply #33 on: July 25, 2011, 04:19:02 am »
AFAIK attackers are supposed to have multiple spawns as well, according to the thread where chadz asked for help with the strat maps updating. Can anyone actually confirm that they lost the battle as attackers because of defenders taking only the one main spawn on the updated maps?

BRD vs Mercs first Battle...

Mercs 300 troops won on 1200 troops

by taking BRDs Spawn

Offline Nemeth

• Knight
  • Renown: 34
  • Infamy: 6
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Nemeth
  • IRC nick: Nemeth
« Reply #34 on: July 25, 2011, 11:28:49 am »
BRD vs Mercs first Battle...

Mercs 300 troops won on 1200 troops

by taking BRDs Spawn

That was before the map updates.
But yeah, even now attackers have only one spawn, which is stupid. If the sides are equal in skill and numbers, the attackers will almost always get pushed back into their spawn, since defeners don't really have to worry about theirs. They can just charge attackers, who have no other choice than to defend their spawn. That's why you see the ridiculous images now of attackers defending their spawn like mad men. They simply have no other choice.

Offline Greziz

• Baron
  • Renown: 112
  • Infamy: 24
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Kerin__Grahm_BRD, Linden_BRD, secretary of BRD
« Reply #35 on: July 25, 2011, 11:38:16 am »
To be fair I was abusing the hell outta village spawns. I would stand behind the little flag with my 10 powerstrike and brain every bugger who spawned 1by1. Was doing me wonders. However I think the flags are doable just very very difficult overall I feel the defender flag spawns are acceptable.

Offline Blondin

• Baron
  • Infamy: 33
  • cRPG Player
  • aka Blondie
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Blondin, Tuco, Sentenza
  • IRC nick: Blondin
« Reply #36 on: July 25, 2011, 02:52:16 pm »
Don't forget guys that we are on beta, strategus version 1, we are here to test new things, if they don't work devs will find solution, don't be so hard.
When i say hard, i say fon't make too much drama, i guess with all the strange things, exploit and bugd, there will be a wipe when Strategus 2 will be release.