Author Topic: 1h/Cav help.  (Read 1163 times)

Offline Spawny

• Count
  • Renown: 152
  • Infamy: 27
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Templar_Spawny
1h/Cav help.
« on: January 31, 2011, 04:26:43 pm »
So I decided to do something new for me and instead of the usual 7 points in IF I decided to put a few of them in riding.

So here I am with 5 riding, 145 wpf in 1h and 7 PS.
I've been trying for 2 days now and I can't seem to get any better than 1:1 or less. And that's mostly because I die 4-6 times before actually getting a kill from horseback and the missing kills are made when I get dehorsed and fight in melee.
I seem to die a lot from (random?) headshots, missing swings by an inch or other stuff noob cavs do (getting stuck in trees/fences/pikes/lances from oberyn/2h swords/grass/enemies).

Now, what do I need to do/know/practise to be a good 1h/cav?
What's the advantage of an 1h/cav over polearm/cav (if there is any)?
Weapons/Horsie? I now use SCS/Heater shield and a steppe horse. Will most likely go for sarranid horse when I can buy one.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

The problem is even if you are number 1 in NA you are still only number 467 in EU or the worst in AUS(number 17)

Offline AgentQ

• Noble
  • Renown: 11
  • Infamy: 6
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
Re: 1h/Cav help.
« Reply #1 on: January 31, 2011, 04:31:22 pm »
what 1 hand weapon? i think spammater works  well on horse, so is Nordic champion and knightly arming sword. SLOW down before your swing, it's not polearm thrust.

Offline Sir_Ironlake

• Baron
  • Renown: 144
  • Infamy: 18
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 31, 2011, 04:32:11 pm »
Agile horses = offensive (you dmg ppl easly)
Tough horses = defensive (you survive longer from arrows)

1h/shield cav is better at killing archers and fighting on obstacle maps. Avoid horses.

SCS is good imho, though NCS is better but more expensive. Shield doesnt matter as much.

Other then that, practice.

Offline Spawny

• Count
  • Renown: 152
  • Infamy: 27
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Templar_Spawny
« Reply #3 on: January 31, 2011, 05:07:09 pm »
Agile horses = offensive (you dmg ppl easly)
Tough horses = defensive (you survive longer from arrows)

1h/shield cav is better at killing archers and fighting on obstacle maps. Avoid horses.

SCS is good imho, though NCS is better but more expensive. Shield doesnt matter as much.

Other then that, practice.

Why is the NCS better? It has less range and less damage. It just has +2 more speed.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

The problem is even if you are number 1 in NA you are still only number 467 in EU or the worst in AUS(number 17)