Author Topic: Unban Request - Sir_Ocelot  (Read 380 times)

Offline Ocelot

• Beggar
  • Renown: 0
  • Infamy: 0
  • cRPG Player
  • _Ocelot
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Sir_Ocelot, Ninja_Ocelot, Hussar_Ocelot, Thief_Ocelot
Unban Request - Sir_Ocelot
« on: July 25, 2011, 03:41:49 am »
Last night, I logged into a favorited DTV server to find total chaos. I was upset that the TKing was taking place, as I have come to enjoy defending that haggard-looking virgin.

After twenty or so minutes of putting up with the madness, I had come to find that there was indeed a problem with either the server or the game type. As curiosity mounted, I asked what was going on. Names escape me, but someone assured me that there was a glitch. I didn't find out what was happening until a few maps later, after becoming severely distressed at the quick round changes and lack of bots.

Eventually, someone slipped up and told me the full details of the exploit. At this moment, buzzed as I was, I didn't think of the repercussions for such an action. I continued to play into the chaotic team-killing frenzy for quite some time. After newcomers made their way into the fray, over the course of a couple hours, I did let them know what was going on. I even attempted to correct their mistakes as they tried to help or even leech from the exploit (for up to an hour, each), as many of them did (despite the contents of their unban requests).

For all of this, I am ashamed. I had no reason to be manipulating the community like I was. The only thing in my mind--as I was intoxicated--this would reimburse me for the countless DTV rounds I had endured for nearly no pay at all. Yes, daddy needed a new pair of boots (check the log). I exploited, I made a mistake. I am now aware that it is our duty to ensure fairness among players; not only to eradicate cheating and 'derping', but to prevent a good modification from sinking into depravity like so many other games have done.

I hope that I have not been made an example of misbehavior.

Good night, all.

-Ocelot
« Last Edit: July 25, 2011, 03:44:45 am by Ocelot »

Offline Espu

• The good
  • Count
  • Renown: 261
  • Infamy: 33
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • IRC nick: Espu
Re: Unban Request - Sir_Ocelot
« Reply #1 on: July 25, 2011, 07:49:56 pm »
You were one of the main exploiters, spreading it around. Unban on 31.7. and a 500 word essay on "What do do when I find a potential exploit".

Also check the sticky thread.