Author Topic: Upkeep system flawed  (Read 5162 times)

Offline Bobthehero

• Duke
  • Renown: 515
  • Infamy: 195
  • cRPG Player
  • Grandmaster Ultimate God Of Swashbucklin'
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Bridgeburners
  • Game nicks: Bobthehero_Whals and I am totally not all the Not_Bobthehero alts ever.
  • IRC nick: Buff Swashbuckling
Re: Upkeep system flawed
« Reply #60 on: July 20, 2011, 01:06:58 am »
Oh not today, I am le tired and only killed 2000 player with my bare fist and -1 strength
visitors can't see pics , please register or login
The Narwhals, dedicated swashbuckler part of FCC

Stabbing is my speciality and one hitting people, my art

Offline Patricia

• Baron
  • Renown: 108
  • Infamy: 78
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: July 20, 2011, 01:11:18 am »
Oh u.

Offline Lichen

• Count
  • Renown: 184
  • Infamy: 79
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: July 20, 2011, 04:20:33 am »
Ideas (not saying they are great): Have it so stuff can never break to the point of not being usable so people can turn off auto repair and just suffer with badly battered gear and much reduced stats. Or when you retire you can choose to heirloom something OR put the point into 'repair or blacksmith or whatever' but the function would be to reduce your upkeep by a certain amount. Or maybe a character skill where the more you put in to it the lower your repairs. Or when you kill a guy in game wearing one or more of the same armor pieces you are repair cost for that item(s) are disabled to simulate scavenging equipment from the fallen. Though that last one might be ridiculous to try and code.

Offline Draulius

• Noble
  • Renown: 17
  • Infamy: 77
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: August 02, 2011, 05:52:43 am »
I think Upkeep should be removed or greatly reduced. In it's current state, it does not belong in this game, it's a flawed and imbalanced feature. It makes matches frustrating, losing & dying not fun, and it makes this game all about luck (whether or not you get the better team, flip a coin. i'm forced to leave matches otherwise). I just can't play anymore because of this, it's not entertaining nor does it improve my gaming experience. I don't want to downgrade or lose my gear just because I put time into into the game, and kept fighting even though I was losing, in fact I should be rewarded for that. We don't deserve this garbage, there's plenty of better alternatives.

Advancing my character should be fun, but instead it's difficult and hardly possible. I shouldn't have to save my money through 4 generations to be able to even bankroll a full plate armor set. THIS ISN'T FUN, who the heck thought this was a good idea? Remember when C-RPG was laid back, and fun? Now we have to put up with this and it ruins the game! Trust me, I really tried to get into C-RPG and tolerate this but I can't anymore, I'm quitting for a while until this is fixed.