Author Topic: Someone introduce a market deflation.  (Read 4350 times)

Offline ArchonAlarion

• Baron
  • Renown: 98
  • Infamy: 54
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Late 15th cen. English Knight
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: ArchonAlarion, DON'T_WAKE_GRANDPA, NASTY_TURTLE, UNARMED_CLASS_ DON'T_BAN_PLS, et al.
Re: Someone introduce a market deflation.
« Reply #45 on: July 24, 2011, 10:13:31 pm »
So we now have a true market, demand and supply creating a real and complex minigame within a battle game - and some people want me to regulate this beatuy?

Like hell I will!

+>9000

Offline Leshma

• Kickstarter Addict
  • King
  • Renown: 1775
  • Infamy: 106
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • VOTE 2024
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: July 24, 2011, 11:16:26 pm »
Yeah market is so perfect, regulates itself.

ROFL

How many of you lost your jobs when global crisis started? Sorry I forgot, answer is none. Most of you are under aged kids...

Offline Gorath

• Count
  • Renown: 226
  • Infamy: 168
  • cRPG Player
  • Why the hell did I do anything other than ranged?
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Chaos
  • Game nicks: The threat of physical violence should be present in all things
  • IRC nick: Otherwise we get a swarm of faggot children like the majority of the cRPG/Internet population
« Reply #47 on: July 24, 2011, 11:19:32 pm »
+1

ROFL

How many of you lost your jobs when global crisis started? Sorry I forgot, answer is none. Most of you are under aged kids...

I did actually, along with 26 other guys in the shop I was working for.  So on that note, fuck you.
And I should be nice or polite to anyone.... why exactly?

Offline Baggy

• Count
  • Renown: 199
  • Infamy: 94
  • cRPG Player
  • Sup brah
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Fallen Brigade
  • Game nicks: Baggy _Potato Blight_ Famine Emigration
  • IRC nick: Baggy
« Reply #48 on: July 25, 2011, 07:09:51 am »

ROFL

Yep prety much, still riding the summer holidays.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Thucydides

• Baron
  • Renown: 129
  • Infamy: 28
  • cRPG Player
  • I shat Uranus
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Thucydides
« Reply #49 on: July 25, 2011, 07:55:19 am »
If you ask me, prices will go down. New upkeep is cruel to everyone, there are no money making friendly archers who stockpile gold and raise prices at marketplace. Now they bleed like everyone else. Earning money is hard, even with low end gear.

lol? now with WPF affecting upkeep, being an AGI build actually makes sense! Today i made 10 K in crpg gold, wearing 63k worth of equipment. My shit breaks a lot less because i have such a high WPF, its hilarious.

I don't even care about CRPG gold, i already have all the shit i want, except maybe horses for future cav. Its play money IMO.

Offline Adrian

• Knight
  • Renown: 56
  • Infamy: 99
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: July 25, 2011, 08:39:38 am »
Well with the new upkeep system now in effect I have personally seen some prices beginning to drop on the market. Instead of x1 heirlooms being priced 350k-400k I've been seeing a lot for 300k or less. People just can't afford to buy high priced items anymore when upkeep the way it is drains people's money so horribly.

Personally unless I was very desperate I wouldn't ever pay more than 300k for an heirloom in the first place so I can see where you're coming from dexxta.

At the same time though I understand why items are so expensive being that less and less people are retiring due to the lack of exp bonuses aswell as strategus being up and running.

Although I must admit that for me this has all been very profitable being I still retire on the regular and can sell heirloom points for about 470k each to people who don't want to retire and have to relevel.

Offline Lech

• Permanently Banned
  • Renown: 123
  • Infamy: 348
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: July 25, 2011, 11:07:04 am »
I suggest gold and heirloom wipe with funny hats and halos as compensation.

I'd take 6!

Offline Barbas

• Knight
  • Renown: 29
  • Infamy: 14
  • cRPG Player
  • Great President of Hell
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: July 25, 2011, 02:53:33 pm »
So we now have a true market, demand and supply creating a real and complex minigame within a battle game - and some people want me to regulate this beatuy?

Like hell I will!

This is the first smart choice chadz has made thus far.

Well.. making cRPG to begin with was okay.  And Strategus.  And.. aww heck, I'm overcome with so much love at this response that I can't even carry on the standard faux-chadz-hating.

Anyway, to the poor folk:

Yes, just sell your first heirloom point.  Sell the second.  Maybe sell all that you ever get; you'll have tons of money and will be able to use any normal equipment you want.

Heirloomed equipment, especially when it's just +1, is only marginally improved.  Some of you talk about it as if you're stuck using peasant rags, but if you could just get them heirloomed they would be as good as black armor.  Most likely you won't even notice the difference if you heirloom your usual weapon to +1 rather than selling the point.  Even getting it to +3 is only a slight difference.  But if you sell the point and have enough cash to use better normal equipment, you will notice a difference.

Offline EponiCo

• Baron
  • Renown: 92
  • Infamy: 15
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Caravan Guild
  • Game nicks: Guard_Aine
« Reply #53 on: July 25, 2011, 05:50:03 pm »
The boni from heirlooms come at no handycap though.
F.e. if I heirloom my armor I get +2 for the same price.
Selling it and buying +2 heavier armor costs between 1k and 4k more and has 2 more weight or something.