Author Topic: Reduce strat gold gain, increase troop spawn  (Read 682 times)

Offline Thucydides

• Baron
  • Renown: 129
  • Infamy: 28
  • cRPG Player
  • I shat Uranus
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Thucydides
Reduce strat gold gain, increase troop spawn
« on: July 25, 2011, 12:40:55 am »
The ability to buy plate and elephants is too easy imo, in a couple of weeks, pretty much every major clan will have an incredible stockpile of gear, it should not be so easy to equip an army with the best weapon and armor avaliable.

It should be reserved for the crack troops/ heavy cav, not for everyone

Offline Keshian

• King
  • Renown: 1176
  • Infamy: 992
  • cRPG Player
  • Diggity diggity
    • View Profile
  • Faction: FCC (Bridgeburner, Unicorn, Cavalieres, Narwhal)
  • Game nicks: Red-haired bitch from hell
  • IRC nick: Bitch, pleasssse.
Re: Reduce strat gold gain, increase troop spawn
« Reply #1 on: July 25, 2011, 01:08:27 am »
I am in agreement with this.  Against villages they get too much gold too quickly so they become boring, but it will take very very long to get enough troops even more than getting enough gold to attack a castle and even more so a city.  Maybe once they actually implement the doubled recruitment rate for village owners this will help, but it would make even more sense once clan members get doubled recruitment rate in clan-owned villages.  The gold/troop balance would be closer to even.
http://keshoxford.com/  - Where middle-eastern meets red-hot and spicy!

"[Strat 5]... war game my ass, tis more like a popularity contest"  Plumbo

Offline Elerion

• Baron
  • Renown: 132
  • Infamy: 8
  • cRPG Player
  • Pink Team
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Fallen Brigade
  • Game nicks: Fallen_Elerion
  • IRC nick: Elerion
« Reply #2 on: July 25, 2011, 01:45:33 am »
Uhm, you're pretty much free to dictate your own troop/gold ratio. Move your members around. If you have too much gold relative to troops, it's because you have too many people working rather than recruiting.

Offline Thucydides

• Baron
  • cRPG Player
  • I shat Uranus
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 25, 2011, 03:11:18 am »
Uhm, you're pretty much free to dictate your own troop/gold ratio. Move your members around. If you have too much gold relative to troops, it's because you have too many people working rather than recruiting.

Nope, unfortunately the more CRPG i play the more strat gold i get. i've been recruiting non stop and i still have way too much gold for someone whos just been playing for a week, during midterms.

A reduction in gold and increase in troops means more peasant battles with a select few with good armor, instead of the stupid shit we have atm

Offline Dehitay

• Baron
  • Renown: 121
  • Infamy: 48
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Fallen Brigade
« Reply #4 on: July 25, 2011, 03:48:48 am »
Nope, unfortunately the more CRPG i play the more strat gold i get. i've been recruiting non stop and i still have way too much gold for someone whos just been playing for a week, during midterms.

A reduction in gold and increase in troops means more peasant battles with a select few with good armor, instead of the stupid shit we have atm

Then you're not spending much time going to class or studying. At least us with 8 hour jobs recruit faster than we gain enough gold to massively equip them. Hell, most of the playerbase is like that. We may be able to afford super awesome stuff for the first wave, but we're run out of money to make everybody awesome unless we have dedicated gold income players. The other possibility is you're just doing a horrible job recruiting though.

Offline Digglez

• Duke
  • Renown: 573
  • Infamy: 596
  • cRPG Player
  • YOU INCOMPETENT TOH'PAH!
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Northmen
  • Game nicks: GotLander, Hamarr, Digglesan, Black_D34th
« Reply #5 on: July 25, 2011, 03:53:43 am »
way to early to be messing with stuff yet.  good data has to be collected over many weeks if not months, then adjustments made.

of course any force that doesnt see constant action will probably have a good amount of money to well equip their troops.  clans that get hammered will be going thru money like drunken sailors

Offline Thucydides

• Baron
  • cRPG Player
  • I shat Uranus
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 25, 2011, 07:50:09 am »
perhaps, but i hope that strat battles won't be armies of tin cans beating each other up. THe majority of medieval armies composed of peasants or militia/yeomen, not plate mail tin can infantry. Strat battles should reflect this, ideally.